Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2021, 14:38   #1006
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Hello All,

I am planning to travel from salem to bangalore to pickup my brother from the Bangalore airport.I need help on the following items from people who have travelled from tamilnadu to karnataka recently.

a) Is epass required for interstate travel (both from tamilnadu/karnataka)
b) Do we need negative RTPCR test if we have fully vaccinated certificate.
c) Can we use the fligth tickets as proofs to cross state borders.

Please help .I need to go pickup my brother this weekend.

Regards,
hdi.
Old 13th July 2021, 16:18   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Good luck, please share your experience as I am due for the journey in 3 days.
Update: We have got the RTPCR done as of yesterday, but just got our results handy an hour before. All three of us are negative.

We will be heading out of Chalakudy tonight around 08:00 pm. I will update and share our experience once reached.
Old 13th July 2021, 16:28   #1008
BHPian

Good, have a safe journey.
Our fellow bhpian PADAS helped me to obtain TN Epass.
anilagdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 09:36   #1009
Distinguished - BHPian

A couple of friends were driving back home to Bangalore last week from Goa. They halted overnight at Davanagere and when they were heading out in the morning, were stopped by a cop. He asked them where they were headed where they were coming from. Apparently was pretty obvious he was just looking for money. They also had RT-PCR negative reports with them. Finally, he made up some story about a 'pass' that they required to travel and gave them some piece of paper with some stamp on it and took 200 bucks. They didn't want to spend extra time talking to anyone and exposing themselves any further, so just gave him the money.

Makes you wonder if the local authorities have come up with and are persisting with all these arbit regulations and restrictions as covid safeguards or just to make money. Since freedom has been given at all levels to impose anything, money is also being made at all levels!
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 09:57   #1010

Drove Bombay - Ahmedabad - Pali - Ajmer - Jaipur - Delhi

on Sunday 11th July.

No checking anywhere along the route.
blitzkrieg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 11:13   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
A couple of friends were driving back home to Bangalore last week from Goa. They halted overnight at Davanagere and when they were heading out in the morning, were stopped by a cop. He asked them where they were headed where they were coming from. Apparently was pretty obvious he was just looking for money. They also had RT-PCR negative reports with them. Finally, he made up some story about a 'pass' that they required to travel and gave them some piece of paper with some stamp on it and took 200 bucks. They didn't want to spend extra time talking to anyone and exposing themselves any further, so just gave him the money.

Makes you wonder if the local authorities have come up with and are persisting with all these arbit regulations and restrictions as covid safeguards or just to make money. Since freedom has been given at all levels to impose anything, money is also being made at all levels!
Its just sad and reflection on what our law and order has come down to. I saw several check posts within rural Maharashtra where any car other than local registration was being stopped, all in the name of Covid. All they want is to extort money. The way things are going I don't know where we are headed.
tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 11:46   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdi_pro View Post
Hello All,

I am planning to travel from salem to bangalore to pickup my brother from the Bangalore airport.I need help on the following items from people who have travelled from tamilnadu to karnataka recently.

a) Is epass required for interstate travel (both from tamilnadu/karnataka)
b) Do we need negative RTPCR test if we have fully vaccinated certificate.
c) Can we use the fligth tickets as proofs to cross state borders.

Please help .I need to go pickup my brother this weekend.

Regards,
hdi.
1) You don't need ePass to enter KA, but for return back to Salem, to enter TN, you may need one as there are random checks.
2) neither of it is mandatory, but if you have fully vaccinated certificate, that will be helpful.
3) yes you can use flight tickets as proof.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 13:37   #1013
BHPian

As per the latest guideline by Maharashtra government, those who have completed both the vaccine doses are exempted from carrying RTPCR negative report to enter into Mumbai city from outside Maharashtra.
Such a relief for someone travelling regularly outside Maharashtra.

Exemption From RT PCR TEST REPORT.pdf
sahil624 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 16:23   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Good, have a safe journey.
Our fellow bhpian PADAS helped me to obtain TN Epass.
Update: We have reached Bangalore at 09:00 am this morning safely. There was no checking of any documentation throughout the journey (may be due to the late hours).

Most of the check points were unmanned and barricades were wide open. Other than a busted spark plug of my sister’s Suzuki Access 125 in route (couple of hours delay), the entire journey was pretty much uneventful.

My friend who rode the scooter was pulled over by some cops in Tamil Nadu during the routine police check. They did not ask for any documents but gladly let him go after explaining the purpose of travelling.

We will be heading back to Kerala within couple of hours from here. Hope this helps.
cjnigesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 16:41   #1015
BHPian

Oh, great. Glad to learn yo had a mostly uneventful safe and glitchless journey. I will be leaving Kottayam with my wife and younger daughter at 3 am. Hoping it would be a smooth one.

Last edited by anilagdr : 14th July 2021 at 16:43.
Old 14th July 2021, 19:06   #1016
BHPian

Any idea if we need any pass or RT-PCR report to transit through Maharashtra? I am planning a BLR - DEL trip. Could not find any helpful article for transit travellers.
Old 14th July 2021, 20:23   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigDaddy_In View Post
Any idea if we need any pass or RT-PCR report to transit through Maharashtra?
No difference. You need RT-PCR less than 48 hours. If you take N-S corridor, you avoid further restrictions.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 21:38   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigDaddy_In View Post
Any idea if we need any pass or RT-PCR report to transit through Maharashtra? I am planning a BLR - DEL trip. Could not find any helpful article for transit travellers.
If you don't mind me asking, when are you planning this trip? I am also doing BLR-DEL and also looking for info. As far as I understand, the only travel restriction is in Maharashtra, for which I am planning to carry RT-PCR report for my stay in Nagpur. Having said that, someone posted on this forum that there was basically no checking at Telangana-Maharashtra border.
needmorebhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 07:30   #1019
BHPian

Hey friends,
Plan to drive from Mumbai to Dandeli and then on to Gokarna next week with family.
I read up on the most recent restrictions on KA side that stipulate either RTPCR or one dose of vax for entry..

- Me and my wife are vaccinated (1 dose), while we also have 2 kids (ages 9 and 5).. what is expected for kids? Anyone here who recently travelled by road with kids??
- What are the restrictions for re-entering MH from KA?
Old 15th July 2021, 10:04   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
If you take N-S corridor, you avoid further restrictions.
Did not follow. What is this N-S corridor. I need to spend a night in Nagpur before moving towards Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorebhp View Post
If you don't mind me asking, when are you planning this trip? I am also doing BLR-DEL and also looking for info. As far as I understand, the only travel restriction is in Maharashtra, for which I am planning to carry RT-PCR report for my stay in Nagpur. Having said that, someone posted on this forum that there was basically no checking at Telangana-Maharashtra border.
I am planning somewhere around the end of Aug/beginning of Sep. I am worried about the return leg. Do not want to do an RTPCR unnecessarily away from home. Already faced consequences of a false-positive test result for another air travel plan which was scheduled for June end.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks