Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2021, 20:02   #946

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
Need to visit Coimbatore next week and return to Bangalore the next day. Is E-pass needed for motorcycle or car? Would appreciate latest info please. thanks in advance

Trip is: Blore - Coimbatore - Blore
From what I have gathered from this thread & other anecdotal info, it is better to have an e-pass, as it is sometimes being checked.

Incidentally, even I am planning to travel to Coimbatore next week via Car and still mulling over what option to choose for applying TN epass. As there seems to be only "Funeral, Medical emergency, Marriage, and Going out of TN" options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistakenguy View Post
I had travelled from Bangalore to Trivandrum via Nagercoil on 20th June and returned on 25th. In the onward journey, my pass was checked somewhere near Nagercoil. In the return journey, there was no checking though.

So I believe the epass is still being tracked, just not at all places.
Mistakenguy If you don't mind my asking, what had your selected while applying for TN E-Pass ?
Old 30th June 2021, 20:56   #947
Oxy
BHPian

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Since the weekends in Karnataka are supposed to be under curfew (Friday 10 PM to Monday 5 AM as per the lockdown rules), does it mean I cannot drive into Bangalore from another state on a Saturday for example? Sorry if the question appears stupid.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th June 2021 at 21:00. Reason: Moved your post to the covid travel thread. Not OT anymore.
Old 1st July 2021, 09:00   #948
Oxy
BHPian

Has anyone here travelled to Karnataka from another state recently? They have stopped issuing epass online it seems.
Old 1st July 2021, 13:30   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Since the weekends in Karnataka are supposed to be under curfew (Friday 10 PM to Monday 5 AM as per the lockdown rules), does it mean I cannot drive into Bangalore from another state on a Saturday for example? Sorry if the question appears stupid.
Yours is a valid question. I too had the same concern while driving from PY-BLR last Saturday. Though weekend curfew was in force (name sake) in Bangalore, there was heavy traffic on city roads. If you are stopped due to random check, you can tell them that you are traveling from another state and then proceed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Has anyone here travelled to Karnataka from another state recently? They have stopped issuing epass online it seems.
Yes, KA is not issuing epass as far as I know. Nobody stopped us when we entered Bangalore through Attibele toll. If KA is issuing epass, they might have checked for it.
Vin@y is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 19:19   #950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Has anyone tried applying for a TN E-pass recently and got it?

I have been trying to apply for one since morning and it shows an error saying invalid elements when I try to go the second step.
Reposting this query since I am still not able to apply for a pass and travelling to Chennai on Sunday.
Is Epass required anymore?
Old 1st July 2021, 19:39   #951
Distinguished - BHPian

Karnataka has just released a notification for people travelling from Kerala.

Negative RT-PCR report / Vaccine certificate of 2 doses is a must.

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-screenshot_20210701193825__01.jpg

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-screenshot_20210701193830__01.jpg
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 11:16   #952
Distinguished - BHPian

Karnataka Government has clarified that atleast one dose of vaccine or negative RT-PCR report is required for travellers from Kerala.
Attached Thumbnails
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-screenshot_20210702111420__01.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 11:35   #953
Distinguished - BHPian

If they want to enforce something (however debatable/effective the enforcement or even the measure is!) why not make it uniform all over the country - "either RT-PCR negative report or one dose certificate to travel". One-line guidance instead of this constant revision, new regulation, withdrawing, different regulation for each state, across districts in the same state!
Old 2nd July 2021, 12:27   #954
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
If they want to enforce something (however debatable/effective the enforcement or even the measure is!) why not make it uniform all over the country - "either RT-PCR negative report or one dose certificate to travel". One-line guidance instead of this constant revision, new regulation, withdrawing, different regulation for each state, across districts in the same state!
Just like it was to the medical community , even to the political/administrative community , this covid pandemic is a "new/unforseen/ill-prepared" pandemic. While the medical community has come to grips with it, finally narrowing down the parameters ; the politico-admin community, laden with the momentum of their traditional incompetence and lethargy , are still "probing-in-the-dark" / "beating-around-the-bush" w.r.t what/how/where etc.

In between all this, those in the govt have to be "seen doing something". All these changing guidelines on a daily basis, lockdowns getting extended on whims and fancies, decisions to open up cinema theatres (the worst possible way to spread covid) etc etc are a combination of bad-advice, knee-jerk reactions and idiotic-ideas occurring to people with immense conferred power but without the necessary intelligence/common-sense.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 14:10   #955

Drove from Kerala (Trichur) to Bangalore on 30-Jun-2021. Police stopped and asked for the TN e-pass at Coimbatore. We were let pass upon verbally confirming that we indeed had the e-pass. But, saw more thorough verification for at least 4 vehicles that were pulled over. That was the only stoppage we had for the entire trip. No checking whatsoever while entering Karnataka. I could not see any level of enforcement with regards to the RTPCR/vaccination certificate. We did have -ve RTPCR test results with us.
Unni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 15:06   #956
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unni View Post
I could not see any level of enforcement with regards to the RTPCR/vaccination certificate. We did have -ve RTPCR test results with us.
Karnataka implemented this rule yesterday, 01/07/21.
Old 2nd July 2021, 15:58   #957
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this on my twitter feed. Looks a little confusing if its applicable to people from all states or only from Kerala.

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-img_d19fb05ea8de1.jpeg

Couldn't find the article from TOI but found this link from HT which though mentions only Kerala.
Old 2nd July 2021, 23:40   #958
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Just saw this on my twitter feed. Looks a little confusing if its applicable to people from all states or only from Kerala.
Karnataka has mentioned Negative RT-PCR / atleast one dose Vaccine certificate for Kerala and Maharashtra. There is no mention for other states , but it is also not mentioned that people from other states can freely enter.
Old 3rd July 2021, 13:12   #959
BHPian

Folks, Anyone travelled from Karnataka to Goa or vice versa in the last few days? Wanted to know if any restrictions? Plan to travel with family to South Goa via Karwar later in the week and hence the query. Thanks in advance for your responses.
Old 3rd July 2021, 19:19   #960
BHPian

Need to drive to Pune tomorrow and back. We have one dose vaccination certificate. What is the rule to enter MH from Karnataka? Not finding much information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks