Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2021, 11:30   #1216
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Thanks. By the way, speed cameras on which stretch? I thought it was only till the airport that the 80 km/h speed restrictions were applicable? Could you shed a bit more light on this?
Please check the Bangalore - Hyderabad thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...e-queries.html (Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries); a lot of people have been discussing there.

Also, there are speed cameras from before Chikkaballapur, when heading towards Bangalore.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 22:51   #1217
Senior - BHPian

Today, 29th Oct-2021, I crossed from the KL side to the TN side at Walayar. There were some cops around. I was not carrying the TN pass. I had the double vaccination certificate with me. They are not stopping any cars or bikes, any one can just ride into TN. They did not check or ask for the vaccination certificate
Old 30th October 2021, 08:30   #1218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Thanks. By the way, speed cameras on which stretch? I thought it was only till the airport that the 80 km/h speed restrictions were applicable? Could you shed a bit more light on this?
Whilst the 80 stands for the airport stretch, you’ll surely see the speed gun vehicles in two places, either towards or in the return, in the Karnataka side.

When I was returning back from Hyd, we found a unit with the speed gun vehicle just after you cross the lepakshi turn off junction towards Karnataka. And I saw one more unit hardly 5 km from that place. Good tactics I guess. Most people speed up thinking that they crossed one and the rest of the stretch till the airport toll will be free.

The previous time (July 2021), there were two units, again in around 5-10 km distance, but location was near about the Nandi Hill turn off.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 20:26   #1219
Senior - BHPian

On 31 Oct, Sunday, around 1 pm, travelled via the Walayar check post from the TN side to the KL side. No checking, just drove straight through.
Old 2nd November 2021, 15:20   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
On 31 Oct, Sunday, around 1 pm, travelled via the Walayar check post from the TN side to the KL side. No checking, just drove straight through.
Same in the opposite direction from KL to TN, crossed Walayar around 9am, 31-Oct. No checking whatsoever, all the way from Cochin to Chennai.
Old 7th November 2021, 20:57   #1221
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning to visit Goa by air with kids from Karnataka.
While the adults are fully vaccinated, wondering if RT-PCR for kids is absolutely necessary for kids at the origin/destination airports.
The respective airlines' websites mention about this requirement for kids, but I'm not sure about the recent developments (those updates on the web are from Sep'21).
Anyone who flew to Goa with kids please share your experience about RT-PCR requirements for kids.

Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 16:10   #1222
BHPian

Hi,

Travelling to Karnataka from Maharashtra this Friday and wanted to check if the RTPCR test is still mandatory from MH to KA ? I checked the website of Indigo and looks like the test is still mandatory if you are flying. However I see some media articles where they say that for travel by road it's not needed anymore. However don't have any concrete info. Totally confused. So Can anyone who travelled recently confirm on this ?
Old 8th November 2021, 16:54   #1223
Distinguished - BHPian

Maharashtra to Karnataka:

I drove back from Rajkot (GJ) to Bangalore between Saturday and Sunday taking the Pune Kolhapur route on return. I was not carrying RTPCR negative but was somehow ready to take that risk and show the cops the full details of my toll history that showed I have been driving continuously from Rajkot towards Bangalore without stopping in Maharashtra.

I also wanted to pass this checkpost post midnight so the chances of them being resting was high and indeed that was the case.

The barricades were used to shut that checking lane though cops were sitting inside the tents.

Here's the video of the border checkpost when I passed it around 3:40am on yesterday:

On another note, when I drove into Maharashtra to Aurangabad taking the Sholapur route, I noticed that no one was stopping any vehicles entering Karnataka at the border too.

Last edited by paragsachania : 8th November 2021 at 16:56.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 16:25   #1224
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest guidelines published on yesterday provide clarity on mandatory RTPCR for those arriving from Maharashtra.

You don't need to provide Negative RTPCR is you are asymptomatic. This is certainly a relief from a stupid rule that existed since the last few months when both the states were reporting considerably lesser cases only.

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-71f1d70459f44ec38c3175259ae23cdd.jpg

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-89ac902b230c429aacd98b8d523ec1e7.jpg
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 15:23   #1225
BHPian

I plan to travel to Jharkhand from Karnataka this weekend. Since, it is a surprise to parents cannot ask them if covid 19 RTPCR is required, I was surprised to see that flights ticket to Ranchi had RTPCR requirement, however they have also written that rules are evolving so keep checking. I am seeing conflicting info on the web and hardly any notification on Jharkhand Gov website.

Anyone who might have travelled to Jharkhand recently, is negative RT-PCR still required even after being fully vaccinated ?
Old 10th November 2021, 15:45   #1226
Senior - BHPian

I traveled from Delhi T3 to Kochi T1 on 6th November and it was an easy journey same as pre-covid era. There was some frequent announcement at T3 for wearing the mask properly. No RTPCR, No Vaccine Certificate, No Arogyasetu App, etc.
Old 10th November 2021, 15:58   #1227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Latest guidelines published on yesterday provide clarity on mandatory RTPCR for those arriving from Maharashtra.

You don't need to provide Negative RTPCR is you are asymptomatic. This is certainly a relief from a stupid rule that existed since the last few months when both the states were reporting considerably lesser cases only.

Attachment 2230273

Attachment 2230274
Thanks for sharing this information. Indeed these are stupid rules being forced by governments which is causing lot of inconvenience to travelers. The only part which is not clear is that they are exempting only for short duration which is less than 2 days. So if you are going to stay more than 2 days do we still need to carry RT PCR tests ? Coming back to Bangalore this Friday and this was a good news for me as it would have costed a bomb to test all family members.
SNayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 16:06   #1228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNayak View Post
The only part which is not clear is that they are exempting only for short duration which is less than 2 days. So if you are going to stay more than 2 days do we still need to carry RT PCR tests ?
Your confusion is everyone's confusion and there is a report about this in today's paper!!

Covid-19: Concerns over lack of clarity on screening Maharashtra, Kerala passengers

Quote:
Concerns over a huge influx of business travellers flying in from Maharashtra to Karnataka daily prompted the state health authorities to amend their special surveillance measures on Monday.
Quote:
Complicating matters somewhat is the fact that the new Maharashtra-aimed surveillance circular does not consider round-trip travelers (those from Karnataka travelling to Mumbai and returning).
The authorities have this amusing assumption that Covid numbers in state are directly correlated to travelers from Maharashtara. Someone should visit Mumbai and travel to Gujarat by road and understand how significantly higher is the movement of people between these 2 states compared to Maharashtra and Karnataka and yet the state of Gujarat has no single soul manning the border since many months. There are daily travelers between Bombay and Vapi/Surat/Baroda/Ahmedabad.

After nearly 2 years since the outbreak, for heaven's sake, no state should blame another for increase in cases!

Last edited by paragsachania : 10th November 2021 at 16:07.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 16:44   #1229
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Its really sad that instead of using the police and govt. employees for their core jobs, make them man the state borders checking for these useless certificates. And on top, every state thinks that only people coming from the other state are responsible for transmitting the virus!!

I still see a couple of cops just whiling away the time on mobile phones at the barricades setup at every district borders on the Bangalore-Chennai route. Wouldn't their time be better spent at the police station? Last week, when entering Attibele, I saw a couple of KL registered cars pulled up at the toll.
m8002? is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 00:08   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNayak View Post
Coming back to Bangalore this Friday and this was a good news for me as it would have costed a bomb to test all family members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
After nearly 2 years since the outbreak, for heaven's sake, no state should blame another for increase in cases!
I think this rule is ONLY for people entering 'Karnataka' from 'Maharastra'.

Airlines have made RT-PCR a pre-requisite for boarding flights headed towards 'Karnataka'. But thankfully, Mumbai administration has made RT-PCT testing a breeze and also quite inexpensive.

My sister who is flying into B'lore from Mumbai got the test done within 5 minutes for INR 10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks