Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2021, 13:50   #1306
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Hello all! Need inputs on Maharashtra to MP travel restrictions. I'm planning a Pune to Indore drive next week and would like to get some info from people who have crossed over into MP from MH recently. Is RT-PCR test report required or not? I couldn't find sufficient info online, hence, any clarification would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 20th December 2021, 20:38   #1307
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

Crossed in from KL to TN at walayar on 18th, Saturday morning at around 6 AM. Crossed back from TN to KL at walayar on 19th at around 12 noon. Both times, there were no checking, did not apply for TN pass. I was in my KL registered car.
Old 21st December 2021, 12:06   #1308

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Got this message from Indigo yesterday about my upcoming flight from Bangalore to Kochi.

Attachment 2247503

Is this a standard message that they are sending or are there any actual rule changes on arrival in Kerala?

All adults in our group are vaccinated but for kids will RTPCR be mandatory?
Rajesh,

My wife just flew to Kochi from Bangalore on Sunday 19 Dec. She is double vaccinated. Nothing was asked at the airport by Air Asia. However, I have been hearing people who fly Indigo were being asked if they registered on the Jagratha portal but not saying anything if you are not registered.

JK,

I am told checking on the Attibele border is almost non-existent. Most of the checking is in NK and UK where the borders with KL and MH are causing the problem. In the past year I have been on the Hosur-Coimbatore Walayar Thrissur Kochi route 5 times and not one on my return was there any checking at Attibele. Not sure if the situation is the same now.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st December 2021 at 12:13. Reason: Back to back post, edit original post and add if replying within 10 mts.
pramodh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 13:48   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
Hello all! Need inputs on Maharashtra to MP travel restrictions. I'm planning a Pune to Indore drive next week and would like to get some info from people who have crossed over into MP from MH recently. Is RT-PCR test report required or not? I couldn't find sufficient info online, hence, any clarification would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
I had travelled from Nagpur to Varanasi in first week of Dec, no checks at borders between MH-MP & MP-UP at that time.
autoweirdo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 14:24   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Any luck with getting clarity on this? Since you are travelling from Pune, are you required to obtain an RTPCR negative test even after full vaccination?
Have not managed to get any further clarity on this yet. Most likely, all of us will get a RT-PCR done before travel, to avoid any surprises.
Old 21st December 2021, 16:33   #1311
BHPian

Family landed into Mumbai from Bangalore today morning carrying RTPCR and double vaccine certificates, Flew with Vistara departure from Bangalore, arrival in Mumbai no checking on reports or even a temp check.

I drove into Mumbai 2 days back from Bangalore, carrying all reports. Kolhapur border, they asked for reports, said carrying all and wanted to give the file, cops just smiled and said keep moving, drive safe.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th December 2021 at 08:36. Reason: Typo.
sajands is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 22:38   #1312
BHPian

Just did Delhi -> Bangalore via NH44. Was carrying RT-PCR reports but nobody checked. We were stopped just before entering Nagpur. Cops were trying to check all the documents and sort of extort money. No other checks however.
Old 27th December 2021, 11:00   #1313
Senior - BHPian

I could see Cops stopping cars entering TN from Bangalore via Hosur while I was returning from TN to Bangalore. It was around 5 pm on Sunday, 26th Dec. There was a long line of cars, My guess is they were stopping non TN cars and might be checking for the Epass/double vaccination certificate. There was no check while I went from Bangalore to TN on last week.

There was no check for vehicles coming from TN to Bangalore
Old 27th December 2021, 16:23   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
Got this message from Indigo yesterday about my upcoming flight from Bangalore to Kochi.

Is this a standard message that they are sending or are there any actual rule changes on arrival in Kerala?

Update: We traveled yesterday. Absolutely no check nor any questions being asked.
Old 27th December 2021, 21:32   #1315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update: We traveled yesterday. Absolutely no check nor any questions being asked.
Was this on Indigo flight?
Old 28th December 2021, 08:00   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
I, along with my Wife and 10 year old Daughter, will be travelling by Air next week from Pune to Bagdogra with a layover at Delhi.
Reached Gangtok on 24 Dec. Had got a RT-PCR Test done just for my Daughter. But, no Vaccination Certificate or RTPCR or Temp. Checks whatsoever in all 3 Airports.
Old 28th December 2021, 08:35   #1317
Team-BHP Support

Flew Chennai - Ahmedabad - Chennai last weekend.

Just the temperature checks at the arrivals at both the airports. Had taken the e-pass for Chennai arrival but no one bothered to ask about it.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th December 2021 at 08:35.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 19:23   #1318

Re: Testing at Kerala Karnataka Attibele Border

Quote:

Attachment 2247503

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodh View Post
Thanks JK.

What about the RTPCR since I am going only for 2 days to bring my Father in law back. The rule for KAR says 72 hours prior RTPCR to be taken. Do I or do I not take a test.

Drove to Kochi on 26th and returned on the 27th Dec.

The route was Bangalore Hosur Coimbatore Thrissur Ernakulam Thrissur Coimbatore Bangalore. No checking at any border for either RTPCR or vaccinations on both onward and return trips.

Left Bangalore at 630 Am was not able to drive more than 60kmph till 8 Am as there was heavy fog well beyond Hosur. There was also an accident involving a grey Hyundai accent and another vehicle which I am assuming was caused to the heavy Fog which caused slow-moving traffic for almost 30 minutes on my way out.
pramodh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 20:54   #1319
PPS
Senior - BHPian

With Mumbai reporting more than 3,600 cases today, I think its just a matter of time before a lockdown is imposed as the Maharashtra Government loves lockdown! Don't have much of an issue with a lockdown but major problem is that the Maharashtra Government is way too overcautious & they take a ridiculous amount of time to lift the restrictions.
Old 31st December 2021, 11:04   #1320
bht
BHPian

Did Bangalore --> Ahmedabad via IndiGo flight on 15-Dec, just cursory temperature checks at both airports and no check for RTPCR or vaccination certificates...

On return on 26th Dec, there wasn't even temperature check on arrival at Bangalore airport, forget about vaccination certificate checks.

Most Viewed