Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2021, 17:27   #1321
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Drove from Calicut to Bangalore via Muthanga today. Strict checking of RT-PCR report at KA border.
ccnarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 12:01   #1322
BHPian

Going to do Bangalore - Pondicherry tomorrow, are there any restrictions or free to travel? If there are any restriction then I will cancel the trip.
Old 2nd January 2022, 15:10   #1323

Planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Tamilnadu (Chennai and temple circuit in TN). All of us double vaccinated. Is RT-PCR necessary? Anyone traveled by road into TN recently? Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd January 2022, 18:03   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptarchy View Post
Going to do Bangalore - Pondicherry tomorrow, are there any restrictions or free to travel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrak View Post
Planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Tamilnadu
No sorts of restrictions in pondicherry and TN and rtpcr is not required.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 08:10   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptarchy View Post
Going to do Bangalore - Pondicherry tomorrow, are there any restrictions or free to travel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrak View Post
Anyone traveled by road into TN recently?
We drove from Bangalore to Puducherry via TN on 23-Dec and returned on 1-Jan. We took the Hosur route and went in a KA registered car. Only adults were vaccinated.

No stopping/checking anywhere in KA/TN/PY. With new restrictions being announced everywhere in the wake of Omicron, we need to monitor the travel guidelines closely.
Vin@y is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 09:12   #1326
Distinguished - BHPian

Took a train to North Karnataka and back to Bangalore over the weekend. That train goes between Karnataka and Maharashtra. Absolutely no checking of any sort- vaccination certificates, rt-pcr tests, masks. Passengers mingling, sneezing coughing. And to be fair, with the volume of passengers, it's just not possible on trains. So I'm just wondering what the point of the checks at airports (when they do happen) and selective road borders are, if tens of thousands of people are anyway moving between cities by train everyday.

IMHO, this sort of selective checking is worse than no checks because it inconveniences and stresses that small majority that tries to comply and makes them jump through hoops, but does absolutely nothing to control the spread of anything!

(To the virtue signalling brigade - no I'm not saying checks when done properly and uniformly all over will not work- but scientifically, this sort of selective checking does absolutely nothing!)
am1m is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 10:34   #1327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post

IMHO, this sort of selective checking is worse than no checks because it inconveniences and stresses that small majority that tries to comply and makes them jump through hoops, but does absolutely nothing to control the spread of anything!
This has been a major issue ever since the reopening after the first lockdown in 2020. It is absolutely impossible to completely enforce inter state checks and restrictions considering the number of entry points and varied transport options. But still states continue with these rules and the softer and easier targets ( airports, smaller road borders ) are subject to checks which really serve no purpose since the larger people mover transport options are not subject to any checks.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 15:15   #1328
Senior - BHPian

Meghalaya government issued new guidelines effective from 5 Jan 2022. Entry into the state would require a valid RTPCR negative report. Odd-even rule will be followed for private vehicles.
Attached Thumbnails
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-meghc.jpg  

Old 5th January 2022, 08:13   #1329
BHPian

Karnataka weekend curfew ...
Attached Images

Old 5th January 2022, 08:47   #1330

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccnarayanan View Post
Karnataka weekend curfew ...
I am planning to drive back home to Bangalore from Rajasthan with my family and will be entering Karnataka on Sunday morning. I will carry the vaccine certificate and RT-PCR test report. Any idea if there will be trouble entering owing to the weekend curfew, or road travel to reach back home will be allowed?
Old 5th January 2022, 09:03   #1331
Team-BHP Support

Chennai to Hyderabad by Road on 4th January.

No checking at any place. Did not even spot a cursory check post or anything of that sort on the entire route.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 09:18   #1332
BHPian

Better to avoid being outside during the curfew. I read a news that some 300 vehicles were confiscated in Bangalore and cases registered during the ongoing night curfew. One should expect active and arbitrary enforcement during initial stages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreaks View Post
I am planning to drive back home to Bangalore from Rajasthan with my family and will be entering Karnataka on Sunday morning. I will carry the vaccine certificate and RT-PCR test report. Any idea if there will be trouble entering owing to the weekend curfew, or road travel to reach back home will be allowed?
ccnarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 15:44   #1333

Sharing my experience around travel in December when I went from Mumbai to trivandrum and back.

18th December - crossed over from Maharashtra to Karnataka before Nippani - though I had the RTPCR, they just asked if I had a document and did not even bother to check if it was a real document.

20 December - after two days in Goa, travelled on and crossed the Thalapady border around noon. No checks getting into Kerala though I was driving an MH registered car. KA registered cars were being randomly stopped. On the opposite side for KL to KA traffic, all cars were being stopped and checked.

30 December - given the slow transit through Kerala, had opted to come back via Tamil Nadu and took the epass. There is no transit pass option and hence applied for both entry and exit pass to be on safe side. At the border check near Tenkasi, I was asked to show the vaccine certificate and epass after which they made some notes in a register and tore off a small piece of rough paper with my car number and a count of "1" person written on it. Something that was not entirely official. RTPCR was not checked.

31 December - transited from TN to KA and was not stopped at ant point even for cursory checks though I had the TN exit epass and the RPCR.

01 January - entered Maharashtra after a night halt at Davanagere and again no checks enroute. The check post at the MH to KA side where I was stopped on 18th December was no longer manned.

All this was before the exponential rise in cases this week, so the situation may have changed again.
t_manish76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 21:57   #1334
Senior - BHPian

Bengal Govt makes RT-PCR report must for inter-state movement.

Quote:
Amid the sudden spike in Covid-19 cases in the state, West Bengal government is making the RT-PCR test report mandatory for the inter-state movement. The West Bengal government will ensure reverse transcriptionpolymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) report at the inter-state border, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Thursday.
Old 7th January 2022, 20:51   #1335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccnarayanan View Post
Karnataka weekend curfew
Information regarding restrictions on movement and staying of tourists in Hotels/Resorts and Safari in forest areas, during the weekend curfew in Karnataka.

Source.
Attached Thumbnails
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-wc.jpeg  

airbus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks