Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2021, 22:45   #1096
AZT
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

I’m planning a Mumbai - Hyd day trip. Does anyone know if it’s less than 15 days post second dose, will I still need negative RT PCR on entering back to Maharashtra.

I’m not sure if the 15 day post second Vax rule is still applicable.
Old 16th August 2021, 10:14   #1097
Distinguished - BHPian

Took a couple of overnight train journeys over the weekend, my first since Feb 2020. Must say felt good to be back travelling by train again!

No checking of any sort, not for masks, temperature or test reports/vaccine certificates. Which is fair I think, it's not practical with the crowd. The trains are full, at least the reserved seats are all occupied. Definitely less crowd overall, the passengers in the general compartments and overall crowd at stations are perceptibly less.

In this scenario, I personally don't understand the logic of this checking at road borders with specific states. People from everywhere are mingling anyway at train stations and from there going elsewhere. (I see even less logic in headlines with pictures of "tourists at xyz location, disregarding covid norms", that is just cherry-picking from what is basically going on everywhere, obvious pandering to their virtue signalling readership!) (Note to the outrage brigade: I'm not saying that the situation doesn't call for any measures, just saying that the kind of measures that the newspapers and government like to highlight like "rtpcr certificate if you are coming by flight", "if you are coming by road from x state or y district", aren't really effective when there are hundreds of train-sized holes being ignored daily!)

Last edited by am1m : 16th August 2021 at 10:37.
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 17:38   #1098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin@y View Post
.... and I thought new restriction has been introduced for people traveling from TN to KA. Hence, my question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
That rule is not yet applicable at Attibele or Kolar road borders. Heard it is enforced only at borders around Chamarajanagar.

If anyone has any update, kindly share.
Would be obliged if anyone could update the current status of travel wrt TN to KAR by road.

Specifically enroute at Attibele (Salem to Bangalore).

Planning to drive down on 21st August. Have postponed the visit several times and is now unavoidable.

Thanks in advance!
Old 16th August 2021, 18:26   #1099
BHPian

Travel to Valparai & Athirapally

We are fully vaccinated and planning for a drive to Valparai from Chennai.
Are tourists allowed?
Heard Kerala has opened tourism places on the occasion of Onam. Can we drive to Athirapally from Valparai?

Thanks in advance.
Old 16th August 2021, 18:42   #1100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Would be obliged if anyone could update the current status of travel wrt TN to KAR by road
No issues currently.

You can check the details here (Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries).
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 10:52   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Is the RT-PCR negative test result still mandatory to enter TN from Kerala?
Old 17th August 2021, 11:44   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Is the RT-PCR negative test result still mandatory to enter TN from Kerala?
TN is insisting on Fully vaccinated certificate, if not then RT-PCR test results.

I travelled last Saturday to Bangalore via Walayar. We had taken the tests because KA insists them and also we had kids with us.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 11:46   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Would be obliged if anyone could update the current status of travel wrt TN to KAR by road.

Specifically enroute at Attibele (Salem to Bangalore).
This morning I travelled into TN from Bangalore via Attibele and did not notice any sort of checking for vehicles entering KA.
Old 17th August 2021, 11:51   #1104
Senior - BHPian

Re: Travel to Valparai & Athirapally

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
We are fully vaccinated and planning for a drive to Valparai from Chennai.
Are tourists allowed?
Heard Kerala has opened tourism places on the occasion of Onam. Can we drive to Athirapally from Valparai?

Thanks in advance.
No tourists were being allowed into Valparai from 1st Aug. till last week. The check post at Aliyar is where the checking is being done.
Not sure of the current situation - Suggest you call the place you are planning to stay at for the latest update.
Old 17th August 2021, 11:56   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
TN is insisting on Fully vaccinated certificate, if not then RT-PCR test results.

I travelled last Saturday to Bangalore via Walayar. We had taken the tests because KA insists them and also we had kids with us.
RT-PCR for kids as well? Or just for the adults?
Old 17th August 2021, 12:00   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
RT-PCR for kids as well? Or just for the adults?
For everyone, AFAIK exception is only for kids below 2 years.
Old 17th August 2021, 12:05   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Bejoy. Guess my wife and kids will have to drop their plans to go to TN during Onam holidays.
Old 17th August 2021, 12:36   #1108
BHPian

Re: Travel to Valparai & Athirapally

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
No tourists were being allowed into Valparai from 1st Aug. till last week. The check post at Aliyar is where the checking is being done.
Not sure of the current situation - Suggest you call the place you are planning to stay at for the latest update.
I did check and the Hotel guys informed that there are visitors entering into Valparai and high chances are if we are family and vaccinated (at least 1 dose).
Old 17th August 2021, 12:59   #1109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
This morning I travelled into TN from Bangalore via Attibele and did not notice any sort of checking for vehicles entering KA.
Thank you for sharing. Did you register in advance on the TN ePass website? And was there any validations for KA number plate cars (in case other vehicles around were with KA number plate)?

I'm planning to head to Chennai from Bangalore on Thursday. Trying proactively to get ePass also but there's a 'Travel Reason Document' to be uploaded which is new. Not sure what I can offer now. Any suggestions?

--------------------------------------------------

On a different note, there are no checks on rail journey from Chennai to Bangalore. Done recently a week ago.
Old 17th August 2021, 13:18   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Thank you for sharing. Did you register in advance on the TN ePass website? And was there any validations for KA number plate cars (in case other vehicles around were with KA number plate)?

I'm planning to head to Chennai from Bangalore on Thursday. Trying proactively to get ePass also but there's a 'Travel Reason Document' to be uploaded which is new. Not sure what I can offer now. Any suggestions?
ePass is better. Travel reason document could be your self declaration as well. Its an auto approval and doesn't get scanned through.

I did Trichy - bangalore last week and they were just checking MH / KL registrations. KA was free to go.

Alternatively, You can also try via Chittoor. I did Bangalore - Chittoor on Sunday. I didnt see any checking in this route.
temala is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed