Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2020, 08:30   #316
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by batladanny View Post
Any updates on Maharashtra? Mumbai/Pune police seemed to be doing their own thing till a few days back. Haven't found any official posts yet.
I too am desperately waiting for an official notification for Mumbai/Pune/Maharashtra. However, from yesterday's news it appears that the MH Govt. is looking forward to lift the restrictions following recent directives from central govt. I am driving to Lonavala today from Mumbai, will update on the epass.
vivek95 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 09:30   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
I too am desperately waiting for an official notification for Mumbai/Pune/Maharashtra. However, from yesterday's news it appears that the MH Govt. is looking forward to lift the restrictions following recent directives from central govt. I am driving to Lonavala today from Mumbai, will update on the epass.
Many people have already traveled to Lonavala and back since last few weeks. However some have been lucky and some not.
Epass is still required in Maharashtra unless you are travelling within the MMR. MMR comprises of these areas - Mumbai city, suburbs, Vasai-Virar, Palghar, Thane, Kalyan, Navi Mumbai, Panvel, Alibag and some areas in Raigad district.

I believe Mumbai Police is still keeping things in ambiguity to discourage people from travelling unnecessarily. They are probably waiting for Ganpati to get over and then they can take a final call.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 12:19   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
I believe Mumbai Police is still keeping things in ambiguity to discourage people from travelling unnecessarily.
More likely the hangover of a rule once implemented just lingers and takes time before every department, every man enforcing it on the street, gets the message and before it gets completely lifted everywhere. The government should realize that banning something is easy, getting things back to normal takes time. All over the country we are seeing the lingering effects of the lockdown and all the various bans that were put in place, long after the center revoked them.

(And of course the RWAs will be the last to revoke restrictions, pretty sure that even after a vaccine arrives and 90% of the population gets a shot, somewhere in the year 2030 there will be a couple of apartment buildings in one corner of some city where the RWA will continue to ban the entry of non-residents and keep spraying bleach! )
am1m is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 14:19   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I hope Tamil Nadu lets go of its e-pass requirements soon. I cannot even go beyond 5 km in either direction from my home without crossing some district's boundary and the cops there will expect an e-pass from me. Even though it is easy to get an e-pass, it is still super weird to have to get it for a mere stress-busting drive..
I don’t know why people are accepting such ridiculous restrictions. It has been really draconian in South Indians states as well as Maharashtra where people need a pass to drive to Bombay from Pune. Totally ridiculous. In North India we have been able to drive without any restrictions since June. Why would we accept a state restriction when the lockdown was imposed by the central government and their unlock orders for past two months have clearly stated that no pass or registration of any kind is required and no restrictions can be imposed by the state governments on inter state travel. People are meekly submitting to state government rules rather than pointing out the law at each border or district checkpoint. If a few hundred people did this daily, the checkpoints would have vanished long ago or at least the police wouldn’t enforce them vigorously.
Lobogris is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 15:08   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
People are meekly submitting to state government rules rather than pointing out the law at each border or district checkpoint. If a few hundred people did this daily, the checkpoints would have vanished long ago or at least the police wouldn’t enforce them vigorously.
There was a video where a chap infamously argued at a barricade with the cops back in March. A video was then released of him getting hit inside a police station with lathis as he cowered in a corner, clad in his underwear.
Old 26th August 2020, 15:48   #321
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know if the rules are different for persons who have gone through Covid and now recovered?
Old 26th August 2020, 16:50   #322
BHPian

Hello everyone, I hope you all and your ladies on wheels are fit and fine. My mom's 50th birthday is coming up in 3 days, and like us all, she wants to go somewhere.

I am from Dombivali, Thane (MH). I had picked Daman Diu/Malshej/Mahabaleshwar or other areas within the 250 km radius so that I can leave early morning and return by late evening by the latest. (with family of three and in a car)

Am I allowed to travel or do I need an e-pass? If yes, what reason should I give so that it doesn't get rejected?
Old 26th August 2020, 17:04   #323
BHPian

Quote:
. I am driving to Lonavala today from Mumbai, will update on the epass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Many people have already traveled to Lonavala and back since last few weeks. However some have been lucky and some not.
Thanks for the response I think I was amongst the lucky lot. Drove from Mumbai to Lonavala today afternoon and there was absolutely no checking of epass anywhere on Expressway. Only thing is, the road towards Lion's point (Amby Valley road) was blocked in Lonavala and the cops told me I cannot drive further. I just lingered around the old NH4 points near Lonavala/Khandala where in you get view of the valleys and expressway. Traffic was very very less on Expressway, not our typical high volume Eway traffic. I had the much needed respite from Covid ICU duties
Attached Thumbnails
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-img_20200826_155939__01.jpg  

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-img_20200826_154822__01.jpg  

vivek95 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 12:57   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
Hi Mnjdnght: Did you get a reply to this? I'm in a similar situation.. need to travel from Hyderabad to Chennai next week like travel to Chennai on 30th and return to Hyderabad on 1st September.If quarantine is enforced il be able to travel back only in mid September. Will have to drop the travel in such case:
I just posted my updates on the Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore route queries thread. Here's the link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4873712 (Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries)
Old 28th August 2020, 08:31   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManasN95 View Post
Am I allowed to travel or do I need an e-pass? If yes, what reason should I give so that it doesn't get rejected?
Hello Manas, Officially all kinds of "frivolous" travel is banned and you will require a epass to travel to any of the places that you have mentioned except malshej ghat which falls in thane district. The best thing to do would be to call few of the hotels in each place so that you get an idea of the situation down there since some places are not welcoming tourists as of now.

Passes applied under "Medical emergency" or "stranded individual" generally get approval early but you will need valid, supporting documents to prove(and upload) it.

Edit: Just received info that they were stopping vehicles from MMR side at the beginning of Malshej ghat till a few weeks ago

Last edited by alokn87 : 28th August 2020 at 08:39.
alokn87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 08:40   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the response I think I was amongst the lucky lot. Drove from Mumbai to Lonavala today afternoon and there was absolutely no checking of epass anywhere on Expressway.
Doc, I believe the below link explains your luck/experience. The non-requirement of epass for lonavala was announced/implemented about 2-3 days back I believe.

https://www.mumbailive.com/en/civic/...lockdown-54477
ninjatalli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 10:30   #327
BHPian

My brother travelled from Puducherry to Chennai on Monday with a valid TN ePass. He was not stopped and asked for ePass enroute.

Though TN govt still maintains that ePass is mandatory, it has already become diluted and its a matter of time before they remove it.
Vin@y is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 19:04   #328
BHPian

Has anyone travelled from mumbai to pune in the past day or two? I'm planning on going to Mumbai from Pune for the weekend tomorrow, and come back by Sunday. I'm not sure about the ePass. I had travelled to Lonavala last Sunday, and there were no checkposts, although it comes under Pune district only. Can anyone please update, it'll be a big help.
Old 29th August 2020, 20:39   #329
BHPian

I just came back from a same day round trip between Bangalore and Chennai. I applied for TN E Pass yesterday and it was approved within few minutes. I left Bangalore at 4 AM and in the entire journey I was not stopped even once to show the pass. Only the barricades which they had put up earlier to stop the vehicles seem to be still there without anyone guarding them. So I think there is no longer any need for E pass to travel between states and at this rate the mods may close this thread in the next few days as it will no longer be relevant

Another thing I noticed is traffic. It was insane! Chennai city traffic seemed to be near its pre covid levels when I entered Tambaram at 9AM. Bangalore was at next level. Especially due to some major work being undertaken on the Electronic city elevated expressway, I was stuck above it for nearly 1 hour So things on road seemed to be very much similar to pre covid times at least today. Maybe it was due to Onam related travels but I am not sure.
nagr22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 21:16   #330
Distinguished - BHPian

The new guidelines as issued by the Union Home Secretary. Link

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-20200829_211942.jpg

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-20200829_211944.jpg

He has again emphasised that there should be no restrictions for inter state movements.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 29th August 2020 at 21:17.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks