Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2020, 23:10   #166
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 6,476
Thanked: 16,661 Times
Default Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Just curious, are there regions/states which do not impose mandatory home quarantine when travelers arrive from other regions/states?
Gannu_1 is offline  
Old 21st July 2020, 23:19   #167
Team-BHP Support
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 15,377
Thanked: 56,892 Times
Default Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Just curious, are there regions/states which do not impose mandatory home quarantine when travelers arrive from other regions/states?
I'm sure Madhya Pradesh doesn't impose quarantine.

My cousin had travelled from Kerala to MP on his motorcycle recently and was neither asked by the authorities nor his office management to quarantine himself.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 09:00   #168
Senior - BHPian
 
jkrishnakj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,193
Thanked: 2,099 Times
Default

All - need help / guidance here. Not sure If this is the right thread either.

My parents are desperate to come back from the US having got stuck there since March. The flights are available and they have blocked two seats on a flight from Newark to Delhi. Their final destination is Coimbatore and I am in the process of buying the Delhi - Coimbatore sector tickets.

1. Is there any domestic lounge at Delhi where they can avail paid entry ?
2. I heard that clearing Immigration takes 6-7 hours. Is that still the case ?
3. Do they need to get an epass for TN before they are allowed to board the flight to Coimbatore from Delhi?
4. I tried checking , but could not quite confirm Quarantine policy for Delhi - I am assuming that they do not need to self quarantine at Delhi for x days before they are allowed to fly to Coimbatore.

Any inputs are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
jkrishnakj is offline  
Old 22nd July 2020, 09:23   #169
Senior - BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNQ/MUM/PKD
Posts: 1,507
Thanked: 1,468 Times
Default Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
4. I tried checking , but could not quite confirm Quarantine policy for Delhi - I am assuming that they do not need to self quarantine at Delhi for x days before they are allowed to fly to Coimbatore.

Any inputs are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Just came in, sharing this for your benefit.
https://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi...7Z56HhFvM.html
https://news.google.com/stories/CAAq...N&ceid=IN%3Aen
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 14:41   #170
BHPian
 
sagpatel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 282
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Hey Guys,
I need some advice/help. I run a pharmaceutical manufacturing company in Vapi, Gujarat. My headoffice is in Mumbai. Ever since the lockdown, I have not been able to travel to Vapi from Mumbai. But I just can not run a factory in this way and need to go. Anyone here recently traveled to Gujarat from Mumbai? Do we still need E-pass, if yes how to get one. E-pass website for Mumbai City is not of much help as I don't belong to any of the category mentioned to apply for E-pass. I have heard that people travel on daily basis but have not come across anyone personally. What do you think, should I approach local police station and inquire or simply take risk and start journey and see what happens.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th July 2020 at 07:20. Reason: Typos.
sagpatel is offline  
Old 22nd July 2020, 16:39   #171
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,797
Thanked: 7,301 Times
Default Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Folks in Mumbai / Maharashtra,
Are there any restrictions to travel from Mumbai to Pune? Via old highway primarily.

P.s. Not an interstate query, but thought this might be the ideal thread to get an answer.
ninjatalli is offline  
Old 23rd July 2020, 07:48   #172
Senior - BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNQ/MUM/PKD
Posts: 1,507
Thanked: 1,468 Times
Default Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Folks in Mumbai / Maharashtra,
Are there any restrictions to travel from Mumbai to Pune? Via old highway primarily.

P.s. Not an interstate query, but thought this might be the ideal thread to get an answer.
I think you still need to raise an epass.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:35   #173
Senior - BHPian
 
jkrishnakj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,193
Thanked: 2,099 Times
Default Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
All - need help / guidance here. Not sure If this is the right thread either.

My parents are desperate to come back from the US having got stuck there since March. The flights are available and they have blocked two seats on a flight from Newark to Delhi. Their final destination is Coimbatore and I am in the process of buying the Delhi - Coimbatore sector tickets.

....
Quoting myself.
Here's what i have done.
a) Spoke with Airports authority office at Delhi, confirmed that my parents have to be quarantined for 7 days on landing at Delhi, before transit to Coimbatore later
b) Spoke with Indigo and changed tickets to 7 days later
c) Spoke with two/three hotels named for hotel quarantine, wanted to ensure that i can book in advance, lest, those go full before they land ( 29th july )

Now, i am trying to conclude if they need an epass from Delhi to Coimbatore before they are allowed to board the domestic Indigo flight.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 14:08   #174
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: BLR
Posts: 49
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshsm12 View Post
Any checks or tests being done at KA border when driving from HYD-BLR? Am planning to drive post the lockdown this week, would apply for the KA e-pass.
When we drove from PY-BLR on July 4, there was no check/test done at Attebele checkpost. Not even temperature check! They only checked the Seva Sindhu registration, stamped the home quarantine seal on our hands and let us proceed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Now, i am trying to conclude if they need an epass from Delhi to Coimbatore before they are allowed to board the domestic Indigo flight.
I checked with my colleague who travelled recently. He says that the requirement of epass depends on the destination of travel. When he travelled from Bangalore to Lucknow, the airlines did not ask for epass. For return journey, he needs to register in Seva Sindhu portal (for KA) with the PNR number and then show it to the airlines before boarding.

Since TN is demanding an epass for inter-state/inter-district travel, you might need to apply for an epass before their travel. You can also confirm this with the airlines before applying for the epass.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd July 2020 at 20:59. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote functionality (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts at once. Thanks!
Vin@y is offline  
Old 23rd July 2020, 14:28   #175
BHPian
 
anandtheleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 378
Thanked: 230 Times
Default Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Quoting myself.
Here's what i have done.
a) Spoke with Airports authority office at Delhi, confirmed that my parents have to be quarantined for 7 days on landing at Delhi, before transit to Coimbatore later
b) Spoke with Indigo and changed tickets to 7 days later
c) Spoke with two/three hotels named for hotel quarantine, wanted to ensure that i can book in advance, lest, those go full before they land ( 29th july )

Now, i am trying to conclude if they need an epass from Delhi to Coimbatore before they are allowed to board the domestic Indigo flight.
Thanks for sharing the updates. We are in the same boat, me and my brother explored this option but feel this is not worth the hassle that may happen (only a probability!).

Does it make sense for them to break journey from en-route US (say like Abu Dhabhi) and then take a direct flight from there to Chennai/Coimbatore. We noticed EY268 (Abu Dhabhi to Chennai) has started operations.
anandtheleo is offline  
Old 23rd July 2020, 15:21   #176
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: BLR
Posts: 49
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Anyone here recently traveled to Gujarat from Mumbai? What do you think, should I approach local police station and inquire or juts take risk and start journey and see what happens.
You might want to check the Gujarat website for getting epass. In most of the cases, we need to get the epass from the destination state and with that we can manage the exit of the source state.
Vin@y is offline  
Old 23rd July 2020, 16:24   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
jkrishnakj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,193
Thanked: 2,099 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post

Does it make sense for them to break journey from en-route US (say like Abu Dhabhi) .

I have booked them in United. Direct flight to Delhi. Get in at 11 pm US time, sleep for 7 hours, catch a movie , spend a couple more hours and the flight prepares for landing. Given they are 75+ I did not want them to go through a transit and waiting hassle anywhere. The Delhi quarantine rule came in just yesterday morning, like , just a few hours after I booked the United flight. If only I had known... 😊
jkrishnakj is offline  
Old 23rd July 2020, 16:45   #178
BHPian
 
dean5545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: mumbai
Posts: 775
Thanked: 1,210 Times
Default Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Hey Guys,
I need some advice/help. I run a pharmaceutical manufacturing company in Vapi, Gujarat. My headoffice is in Mumbai. Ever since the lockdown, I have not been able to travel to Vapi from Mumbai. But I just can not run a factory in this way and need to go. Anyone here recently traveled to Gujarat from Mumbai? Do we still need E-pass, if yes how to get one. E-pass website for Mumbai City is not of much help as I don't belong to any of the category mentioned to apply for E-pass. I have heard that people travel on daily basis but have not come across anyone personally. What do you think, should I approach local police station and inquire or juts take risk and start journey and see what happens.
I don't know exactly about Vapi but you can get epass for Dadra, Nagar Havelli at www.dmc.gov.in. I myself have used it twice. The inspector and Dadra Checkpost didn't let me in as I was in a MH registered car so I left my car at the checkpost and walked it out as my client was just a few metres from the checkpost. The above mentioned website has a separate pass for company owners and directors too.

I would suggest you go once by yourself and see, worst is they will tell you to go back(which is a very rare occurence)
dean5545 is offline  
Old 23rd July 2020, 20:25   #179
BHPian
 
TheVaas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 101
Thanked: 206 Times
Default Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Folks in Mumbai / Maharashtra,
Are there any restrictions to travel from Mumbai to Pune? Via old highway primarily.

P.s. Not an interstate query, but thought this might be the ideal thread to get an answer.
By current lockdown guidelines (July 2020) and cross checking with my local police station - You need an e-pass to travel from Mumbai to Pune, whether via old highway or expressway doesn't matter. If travelling with Mumbai and MMR regions you don't need one. Conditions in either case being if four-wheeler, then 1+2 and if two-wheeler, then only the rider is allowed.

But from real world experiences, it's 50-50. Some folks from known circles had taken passes and travelled to Pune - nobody stopped them. Some just took the chance - were stopped at a checkpoint midway but allowed to go considering they were wearing masks, valid documents and 1+2 travel (guess the cops were lenient). Though I'm guessing the checking would be stricter now that Pune city has imposed a stricter lockdown.

Hope this helps.
TheVaas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 21:57   #180
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: DEL, SFO
Posts: 641
Thanked: 1,791 Times
Default Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

A relative just drove from Rajasthan to Pune. He had no pass and was not stopped anywhere. Nor was he asked to quarantine by anyone. There were two people in the car with out of state registration. I don't know why people are worrying about passes when the center's notification of June 30th clearly states that no pass or electronic permission of any kind is needed for interstate travel and the states are specifically prohibited from placing any restrictions on it. Only in places like Bombay there could be a restriction due to lockdown there but there should not be any kind of pass or registration requirement on any portal.

Here is the text with no ambiguity:
“States/ UTs, based on their assessment of the situation, may prohibit certain activities outside the Containment zones, or impose such restrictions as deemed necessary. However, there shall be no restriction on inter-State and intra-State movement of persons and goods including those for cross land-border trade under Treaties with neighbouring countries. No separate permission/ approval/ e-permit will be required for such movements,”

I know the reality can be different but people should at least adopt the mindset that no pass is required. That is what has happened in North India.

Last edited by Lobogris : 23rd July 2020 at 22:00.
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks