Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2020, 19:37   #106
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
I have requested the pass from MH its in processing status now. Do I need to take the transit pass from KA or not is the question because, few days ago when I checked it said, no pass required if travelling though KA, looks like I have to check again.
Yes, you need to get a transit pass from KA now. Following is mentioned in the latest SOP dated 15-6-2020:

"The registration on Seva Sindhu portal is mandatory for all persons coming in or transiting through Karnataka by providing correct information about their contact number and destination address."

One good thing is, you only need to successfully register in the Seva Sindhu portal. No waiting for approval. But, the catch is, there will be limited slots available for a given date at a checkpost. Booking can be done only for the next 10 days and most of the slots are usually taken as soon as the window opens.

As you had mentioned, the rules keep changing and we need to check them on a daily basis until we travel.

I believe that this is the correct thread for epass because that is the critical aspect of inter-state travel as of now.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st July 2020 at 19:42. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 1st July 2020, 21:40   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
I have requested the pass from MH its in processing status now. Do I need to take the transit pass from KA or not is the question because, few days ago when I checked it said, no pass required if travelling though KA, looks like I have to check again.

The rules keep changing every day and they are not updated frequently I feel.

Looks like we need to have a new discussion thread on Epass.

Cheers
Josh
Isn’t inter state travel exempt from all restrictions from July 1st? There is no requirement of any pass or permit anymore. Can anyone verify this?
Old 2nd July 2020, 08:49   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Isn’t inter state travel exempt from all restrictions from July 1st? There is no requirement of any pass or permit anymore. Can anyone verify this?
For Kerala, you still need to register on the COVID Jagratha website.
Old 2nd July 2020, 10:26   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Not exactly! We need to take epass from PY, TN and KA if we plan to travel to/transit through these states.

Until May end, Centre (govt) was imposing the lockdown restrictions and States were mostly enforcing them with their own minor additions. From June 1, Centre started relaxing the restrictions, but States have started imposing restrictions based on the increase in their COVID-19 cases.

What this means to us is: Though Centre has removed inter-state travel restriction imposed by them, we need to check the rules of the State to which we travel to.
Old 2nd July 2020, 11:44   #110

Hi Everyone.
I'm planning to travel to Mumbai from Mangalore. I've obtained the E-Pass from Karnataka Govt.(there's no mention about its validity on the pass though), apart from that are there any other formalities required?
Also, we're 4 of us travelling in our car, will that be an issue?

Thanks!
Old 2nd July 2020, 15:24   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SujayK View Post
Hi Everyone.
I'm planning to travel to Mumbai from Mangalore. I've obtained the E-Pass from Karnataka Govt.(there's no mention about its validity on the pass though), apart from that are there any other formalities required?
Also, we're 4 of us travelling in our car, will that be an issue?

Thanks!
In KA epass, they would have captured your date of entry and entry checkpost. You need to enter through that checkpost on that date only.

If you are 4 members including driver, that should be fine. All the 4 of you should have registered in that epass.

It would be better to carry some ID proof for each of you. They also recommend you to reach the checkpost between 7 AM and 7 PM for verification and medical screening process.
Vin@y is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 17:23   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin@y View Post
In KA epass, they would have captured your date of entry and entry checkpost.
=====
They also recommend you to reach the checkpost between 7 AM and 7 PM for verification and medical screening process.
Alright! Does this mean the pass won't expire until any specific date and only when I travel through the check-post and reach my destination?
Since the older KA passes had a validity of one week from the date of issuance.
Old 2nd July 2020, 19:00   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Alright! Does this mean the pass won't expire until any specific date and only when I travel through the check-post and reach my destination?
Since the older KA passes had a validity of one week from the date of issuance.
Sorry, I misunderstood your travel as from Mumbai to Mangalore somehow! Whatever conditions I had mentioned in my previous post are applicable when you enter KA.

If you are traveling from Mangalore to Mumbai, you need to get epass from MH only and follow their rules/restrictions as applicable. KA's Seva Sindhu portal says that you don't need to get an epass to travel to other states unless you require govt assistance/support (like in the case of migrant workers).

While returning from Mumbai to Mangalore, you need to apply for KA epass. Do keep in mind that you might need to undergo quarantine in both the places unless you fall under exempted category (business/transit traveller, etc.). They will require proof for such people.
Old 2nd July 2020, 19:54   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Not exactly! We need to take epass from PY, TN and KA if we plan to travel to/transit through these states.

Until May end, Centre (govt) was imposing the lockdown restrictions and States were mostly enforcing them with their own minor additions. From June 1, Centre started relaxing the restrictions, but States have started imposing restrictions based on the increase in their COVID-19 cases.

What this means to us is: Though Centre has removed inter-state travel restriction imposed by them, we need to check the rules of the State to which we travel to.
Not quite. The latest unlock 2.0 order specifically prohibits any such restrictions. Take a look:

“States/ UTs, based on their assessment of the situation, may prohibit certain activities outside the Containment zones, or impose such restrictions as deemed necessary. However, there shall be no restriction on inter-State and intra-State movement of persons and goods including those for cross land-border trade under Treaties with neighbouring countries. No separate permission/ approval/ e-permit will be required for such movements,”

In addition, Union Home Secretary Ajay Bhalla specifically sent a letter to the states on June 30th requiring the same. I think places like Mumbai and Noida are using the containment zone excuse to prohibit entry. Let's see if the central government reacts to this and if they will force the states to comply. The states might be hoping to gain a few more days of restrictions until either the central government reorders them or there is a hue and cry or a court challenge. As of July 1st, no pass or document of any kind nor any permission is required to travel anywhere in India.

Last edited by Lobogris : 2nd July 2020 at 19:55.
Old 2nd July 2020, 20:35   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Not quite. The latest unlock 2.0 order specifically prohibits any such restrictions. Take a look:
If this order is followed in letter and spirit, that would be great! Lot of people I know have necessity to travel intra/inter state. Only these restrictions make them think twice.

I checked the epass issuing sites of PY, TN and KA before posting my previous post. They are still issuing epass for entry/exit/transit.

Only people who are traveling now can confirm the ground reality.
Old 2nd July 2020, 21:11   #116

Quote:
If you are traveling from Mangalore to Mumbai, you need to get epass from MH only and follow their rules/restrictions as applicable. KA's Seva Sindhu portal says that you don't need to get an epass to travel to other states unless you require govt assistance/support (like in the case of migrant workers).
I can't find any link to apply for an entry pass for Maharashtra. Is it still required or have they stopped issuing them?
Old 3rd July 2020, 00:09   #117
BHPian

Quote:
I can't find any link to apply for an entry pass for Maharashtra. Is it still required or have they stopped issuing them?
Try this link https://covid19.mhpolice.in
though when applying it only asks "Do you need to visit outside of Maharashtra ?"
Old 3rd July 2020, 09:39   #118
BHPian

Quote:
If this order is followed in letter and spirit, that would be great! Lot of people I know have necessity to travel intra/inter state. Only these restrictions make them think twice.

I checked the epass issuing sites of PY, TN and KA before posting my previous post. They are still issuing epass for entry/exit/transit.

Only people who are traveling now can confirm the ground reality.
Yes, many states are continuing to ask for passes in violation of the order. Let us see if the central government takes note and acts or if they will quietly let the states sneak in another week or two of restrictions.
Old 3rd July 2020, 14:41   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's because you don't need a pass to enter MH. You will need to show the exit pass of the state from where your Journey will originate. Likewise, to exit MH, you will need to apply for an exit pass from MH.
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 15:15   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, many states are continuing to ask for passes in violation of the order. Let us see if the central government takes note and acts or if they will quietly let the states sneak in another week or two of restrictions.
Lets see if Central Govt does anything for this violation, I have tried to apply the pass this morning on TN site, as usual it got rejected.

I had postponed my travel by another week to get the clarity on the Epass .
joshuakeys is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks