Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2020, 15:31   #181
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I don't know why people are worrying about passes when the center's notification of June 30th clearly states that no pass or electronic permission of any kind is needed for interstate travel and the states are specifically prohibited from placing any restrictions on it.
Exactly the opposite is what Mumbai police did 1st July onwards when they started impounding, seizing and fining vehicles left, right and centre (without passes obviously). There was no prior information given on this - and clearly this was a violation of the Centre's notification. And till date, there is no clarity on whether e-pass is required to travel within Maharashtra or not. That's why the query by ninjatalli for Mumbai-Pune travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Only in places like Bombay there could be a restriction due to lockdown there but there should not be any kind of pass or registration requirement on any portal.

I know the reality can be different but people should at least adopt the mindset that no pass is required. That is what has happened in North India.
Well, continuing from what I mentioned above, the way things are shaping up - "What happens in XYZ, stays restricted to XYZ". We can adopt the mindset of 'no pass' (I agree to this) - but things and rules keep changing at the drop of the hat in MMR region - whether you're in hotspot/containment zone doesn't matter. So its good to be mindful of the rules - whether you want to follow or break them that's a personal risk assessment process
Old 24th July 2020, 16:56   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Hi Guys,

I need to travel to Jodhpur, Rajasthan from Pune, Maharashtra to Pick up my senior citizen parents. I plan to drive alone and return with them as early as possible. I am not sure how do I go about this in terms of getting the required permissions. I will be crossing 3 state borders Maharashtra, Gujarat & Rajasthan. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
No restrictions in and out of Rajasthan. If at all, just a temperature scan and ID proof checking.
Old 24th July 2020, 19:01   #183
Senior - BHPian

For anyone who recently traveled to Noida via Delhi IGI domestic flight, what quarantine policy did you underwent in Noida?
Old 25th July 2020, 02:00   #184
BHPian

One quick update, followed by a query

I traveled from Rishikesh to Delhi via Bhagwanpur - Saharanpur - Yamunanagar bypass - Indri - Karnal bypass - Delhi. I was in Rishikesh from 4 months. Due to asset refresh/replacement I need to urgently visit my Noida office.

I applied for travel pass through this link. Pass was approved within minutes. I pasted it on front windshield and started off. There was no checking throughout UK exit. Although good police presence at entry points on the opposite side of the road (in UK).

Police was more or less non existent in UP, HR and DL-UP border @DND. Smooth drive.

Query

I need to travel upto Maharashtra (Pune) from NCR in couple of days from now. From where to generate e pass or is it required to enter MH from other states? On this link epass option exists for exiting / outbound MH to other states/inter-districts but not for inbound vehicles. Any leads ?

Last edited by OneToughRider : 25th July 2020 at 02:18. Reason: typo
OneToughRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 09:48   #185
Team-BHP Support

Someone I know travelled Delhi - Pune yesterday on a AI direct flight. The ticket was booked last week and early this week, AI mentioned that the flight would make a stop at Indore.

At Delhi airport, a temp check is done and self-declaration taken and the hygiene kit includes the face shield and gloves (that got torn within a couple of hours of wearing). The lounge at Delhi is open with social distancing; they provide food in packages brought to you, it's not a buffet. No food in the flight.

At Pune, again, just a temp check and you're free to go.

Essentially, if you're asymptomatic, as most infected people are, there's the possibility of tremendous community spread.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 09:58   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVaas View Post
......fining vehicles.....
I was stopped last weekend by Mumbai Police for having 1+3 passengers in the car. They made me sign a few documents and noted my details and let me go. I was told I'll get a text message and will have to pay the fine online, post lockdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughRider View Post
Query

I need to travel upto Maharashtra (Pune) from NCR in couple of days from now. From where to generate e pass or is it required to enter MH from other states? On this link epass option exists for exiting / outbound MH to other states/inter-districts but not for inbound vehicles. Any leads ?
No pass required to entering MH.

-----

Is 1+2 rule (in a 5 seater vehicle) applicable pan india?
sinharishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 10:07   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
No pass required to entering MH.
I travelled yesterday from Belgaum to Pune and I was asked for the pass on the border post. I had a pass from Karnataka and I was allowed to go.
Old 26th July 2020, 11:11   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnilup View Post
I travelled yesterday from Belgaum to Pune and I was asked for the pass on the border post. I had a pass from Karnataka and I was allowed to go.
I wasn't stopped anywhere when I was driving from NCR to Mumbai on MP-MH border. There was NO provision also, to apply for a e-pass to drive into MH from neighboring states.
Old 26th July 2020, 11:12   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
For anyone who recently traveled to Noida via Delhi IGI domestic flight, what quarantine policy did you underwent in Noida?
There will be no check anywhere when you enter Noida unless you do it on the weekends which are currently under lockdown. After that it would depend on whether you live in an apartment or a home and if the neighbours become aware and create some fuss. If arriving by international flight then the central government guidelines would apply when exiting the airport. For domestic flights, I don’t think there is a strict protocol anymore. You can obviously self isolate for a week or more if you want to be cautious.
Old 26th July 2020, 14:44   #190
BHPian

I came across a detailed trip report on a repatriation from the US to Chennai (via Delhi) (including the institutional quarantine in Delhi): https://www.airliners.net/forum/view...?f=9&t=1448639.
Old 26th July 2020, 16:14   #191
Senior - BHPian

Update on my travel from Hyderabad to Bangalore and back the same day.

I had the onward e pass from Seva Sindu portal for entry into Karnataka.

As I traveled on the early morning hours there was not much rush on the highway
and at the counters.

Started 4am .No check at the outbound from Telangana .

Entry into AP was also hassle free and no check as we were travelling in the bypass of the towns.Entry into all the town had barricades stationed with Police checks.
Even in the AP epass website there was no mentioned column for transit visitors.

Karanataka Entry
As we had an Epass had to alight from the vehicle and check with the authorities there.
As we were returning the same day they asked us to register again in the website about our return the same day.Registered and showed them the same and they gave a written chit in a piece of paper with signature.

Return from Bangalore.

Exit from Karnataka no checks.
AP entry checks were done and was asked for my residential proof as we were not entering in to A.P.towns. Showed my Adhar card and we were allowed pass through.

Telangana no checking but two places after Kurnool random police checks were happening.We were not stopped.

Hope this helps if someone is planning for a road trip.

Last edited by gajadonga : 26th July 2020 at 16:19.
gajadonga is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 21:45   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Is 1+2 rule (in a 5 seater vehicle) applicable pan india?
I don't think so. I was mostly driving with 4 people (including me) in PY during May-June and nobody stopped us. While returning to BLR from PY, we travelled as 4 (2 adults + 2 children) through TN and there was no issue even though we were stopped and checked for ePass. Our car was a 5 seater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
I came across a detailed trip report on a repatriation from the US to Chennai (via Delhi) (including the institutional quarantine in Delhi): https://www.airliners.net/forum/view...?f=9&t=1448639.
I heard today from one of our friend that their family member is returning from US to BLR via Delhi in Aug first week. There is a one day stop at Delhi and because they have booked a Hotel accommodation inside the airport, there is an exemption from quarantine. International travellers returning to India can confirm this information and avoid quarantine by doing the same.
Vin@y is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 13:50   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin@y View Post
International travellers returning to India can confirm this information and avoid quarantine by doing the same.
Quoting myself to clarify:

You can avoid institutional quarantine while you transit through a city by staying at the airport itself. You might only need to undergo home/institutional quarantine at your final destination.
Vin@y is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 17:54   #194
BHPian

Re: Chennai - Trivandrum : A Lockdown Drive!

I recently shifted my base from Pune to my home town. Did a trip from Pune to Katni (MP).

Here is my experience and my observations

Preparations
  • Got e-pass from Katni DM (Automated 5 mins).
  • Got e-pass from Pune police (Online form, manual review 4 days).
  • Got fitness certificate from local hospital (1 hour, risky as you have to be in hospital).
  • Pasted both pass on windscreen.
  • Started fitting luggage in XUV a week in advance. Because I don't use elevators.
  • On last day we simply packed our laptops and food for journey.
  • Kept 30 litres drinking water and ample dry snacks to survive for few days if stuck on road.

Route I have taken
Pune - Ahmadnagar - Rahuri - Shirdi - Malegaon - Dhule - Indore - Bhopal - Sagar - Damoh - Katni
  • Roads from Pune to Ahmadnagar is good.
  • Ahmandnagar to Shirdi is mixed bag.
  • Shirdi to Dhule is again a mixed bag.
  • Dhule to MP border, road is bad (according to the toll collected)
  • Roads in MP are fantastic.
  • Speed guns installed in Maharastra on certain sections of NH3. Got fined.
  • Fasttag is boon. Your drive pass like a VIP where other lanes are full of queue.
  • State highways yet to implement Fasttag thus cash transaction. Risky too.
  • Few Dhabas are operational but the brunt on economy is visible.
  • Road manners are deteriorated over the period of time. Lot of bikers, cars approaching from wrong side (left and right both).
  • Diesel is Rs 82 per litre now

XUV5OO loaded
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-team_bhp.jpg

Mr Mahindra should reward us with some loyalty bonus. XUV meets her elder siblings.
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-team_bhp2.jpg
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-team_bhp3.jpg
dicor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 21:58   #195
BHPian

Is home quarantine (14 days) required if I'm travelling from Chennai to Palakkad and back within 24 hrs? Need to pick up my parents from Palakkad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks