Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2014, 18:11   #1531
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
+1
True, i too noticed it and from outside, it seems to be the original chain from Madurai folks. Will be a good break option in both the ways !
I assume their website is not yet updated

-Ravi
Yes, I noticed it too during my trip over the weekend and looks like a genuine one. I tried Sai Sangeeth (after the Ranipet toll) for dinner the last couple of trips and seems to be a decent option. Also there is a "STAR Biryani" just before entering Ambur ( CHN-BLR) which I believe came up in the last couple of months. I am not sure which is the best / authentic biryani place in Ambur. I have tried some of them but yet to find something really good.

Also during my trip ( BLR-CHN) on thursday evening, I reached Kanchipuram around 9.30 PM and had to encounter insanely large number of trucks from there all the way till Koyambedu! Not sure if it's the time or the day. Any thoughts?
sbkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2014, 20:23   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Also during my trip ( BLR-CHN) on thursday evening, I reached Kanchipuram around 9.30 PM and had to encounter insanely large number of trucks from there all the way till Koyambedu!
The cross all of us driving towards Chennai on NH4 have to bear. All stuff from the various industrial units meant for Chennai and Ennore ports, I think.
Old 12th March 2014, 11:38   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
The cross all of us driving towards Chennai on NH4 have to bear. All stuff from the various industrial units meant for Chennai and Ennore ports, I think.
I have done this route multiple times and I have experienced a good amount of truck traffic in this segment and it's due to the reason you have mentioned. But it was really bad that day. I took nearly 20/25 mins to get through the Sriperumputhur toll. It was a first for me and and that's why I was wondering if it has something to do with that specific time/day.
Old 12th March 2014, 18:27   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
I have done this route multiple times and I have experienced a good amount of truck traffic in this segment and it's due to the reason you have mentioned. But it was really bad that day. I took nearly 20/25 mins to get through the Sriperumputhur toll. It was a first for me and and that's why I was wondering if it has something to do with that specific time/day.
Trucks are allowed inside the city only between 10 pm and 6 am. So this might have been one reason.
Old 12th March 2014, 20:49   #1535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
+1
True, i too noticed it and from outside, it seems to be the original chain from Madurai folks. Will be a good break option in both the ways !
I assume their website is not yet updated

-Ravi
Yes it indeed is the original Murugan Idly Shop. They inaugurated on the day I drove back mid-February. They were giving out flyers in the toll booths as well!
Old 13th March 2014, 08:13   #1536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Trucks are allowed inside the city only between 10 pm and 6 am. So this might have been one reason.
Is that correct? As far as I know Chennai, unlike other cities, does not have a blanket ban on truck entry during day time - just that some roads (Anna Salai, for example) are off-bounds for them till 9 PM.

I've been living away from Chennai for quite a while now, so might be mistaken here - new rules might have come into effect.
Old 13th March 2014, 09:20   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Yes, trucks are not allowed in the city during those times. That is one of the main reasons why if you start after 430pm from Bangalore and reach Ranipet around 9 or so, you would invariably have to weave in and out of trucks all the way till the city.

This is where the four laned with median road from Sriperumbudur till oragadam and vandalur helps to reach the city faster than the usual poonamalle-porur route..

Shyam
Old 13th March 2014, 10:12   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Is that correct? As far as I know Chennai, unlike other cities, does not have a blanket ban on truck entry during day time - just that some roads (Anna Salai, for example) are off-bounds for them till 9 PM.

I've been living away from Chennai for quite a while now, so might be mistaken here - new rules might have come into effect.
Yes trucks are not allowed inside city limits between 6 am and 10 pm. This is one of the reasons why Chennai Port - Maduravayal Elevated Corridor is being built now to allow round the clock movement of cargo vehicles to Port.
Old 13th March 2014, 20:06   #1539
BHPian

Guys, Need help on a hotel suggestion on NH4 for breakfast around Kanchipuram/Sriperumbudur.
Route: Tambaram to Yelagiri
Time: Start around 7am from Medavakkam - through Manimangalam route.
I assume around 8:30/9'ish I would be somewhere between Sriperumbudur and Kanchipuram. Depends on the time we start. :-)
Old 13th March 2014, 20:24   #1540
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
Guys, Need help on a hotel suggestion on NH4 for breakfast around Kanchipuram/Sriperumbudur.
Route: Tambaram to Yelagiri
Time: Start around 7am from Medavakkam - through Manimangalam route.
I assume around 8:30/9'ish I would be somewhere between Sriperumbudur and Kanchipuram. Depends on the time we start. :-)
- Kanchi bypass : Shakthi
- Sriperumbudur - CCD
- Pallikonda- CCD/Aryas
- Vellore : Saravana Bhavan
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 08:49   #1541
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
Need help on a hotel suggestion on NH4 for breakfast around Kanchipuram/Sriperumbudur.
Newly-opened Murugan Idli Shop located between Kanchipuram bypass and Kaveripakkam, a few km before Chennasamudram [Walajapet] toll plaza on the LHS of NH 4.

Sai Sangeetha's: just after Chennasamudram toll plaza on the LHS.

Aryaas: at Vellore bypass [ RHS below the flyover at the junction of NH 4 and Katpadi road]

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-dsc00925.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 14th March 2014 at 08:51.
  (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 09:35   #1542
Senior - BHPian

Where exactly is this new Murugan Idly Shop ? I plan a Bangalore - Kanchi - Bangalore trip on the 21st and would love to go to Murugan's for their snacks.
Old 14th March 2014, 09:53   #1543
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Newly-opened Murugan Idli Shop located between Kanchipuram bypass and Kaveripakkam, a few km before Chennasamudram [Walajapet] toll plaza on the LHS of NH 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Where exactly is this new Murugan Idly Shop ? I plan a Bangalore - Kanchi - Bangalore trip on the 21st and would love to go to Murugan's for their snacks.
The best pointer : A few km before the Walajapet Toll booth. After you cross Ranipet/Walajapet town you should see the place before the toll booth.

Last edited by ampere : 14th March 2014 at 10:21.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 10:14   #1544
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Where exactly is this new Murugan Idly Shop ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
After you cross Ranipet/Walajapet town you should see the place before the toll booth.
Let me clarify here. Murugan Idli Shop is located on the LHS of NH 4 before the toll plaza while driving from Chennai to Bangalore. If driving from Bangalore, it is located after the toll plaza and Kaveripakkam on the RHS of NH 4.

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-mis.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 14th March 2014 at 10:23.
  (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 12:35   #1545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Let me clarify here. Murugan Idli Shop is located on the LHS of NH 4 before the toll plaza while driving from Chennai to Bangalore. If driving from Bangalore, it is located after the toll plaza and Kaveripakkam on the RHS of NH 4.

Attachment 1219170
Thats correct. While driving from Bangalore towards chennai, after you cross the toll plaza, slow down and keep right. You will see the shop in less than 2 kms IIRC.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks