Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2012, 10:44   #511
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Coimbatore round trip - Update

I am driving to Coimbatore from Bangalore, the destination in Coimbatore is Saravanampatti. So, will be taking Bangalore-Salem-Avinashi-Annur-Saravanampatti route. Taking this route(annur) for the first time so would like to know the following,

Is it easy to find the right to Annur after crossing Avinashi and again the left from Annur?

How is the road condition and how much time(approx) will it take from Annur to Saravanampatti?

Last edited by arun_josie : 4th August 2012 at 11:07.
Old 4th August 2012, 11:52   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

Is it easy to find the right to Annur after crossing Avinashi and again the left from Annur?

How is the road condition and how much time(approx) will it take from Annur to Saravanampatti?
Avanashi bypass is open if you take that road you have to take a U turn and come back to reach the road to Annur.
If you passby the Avanashi town then after crossing the town the signboards
are well marked so it should not be a problem.
Travelling in the day then you might take about 5-10mins to cross Annur sometimes.
It might take 45mins-1hour to reach Saravanampatti.
Hope this helps.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2012, 21:28   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Avanashi bypass is open if you take that road you have to take a U turn and come back to reach the road to Annur.
Thanks gajadonga, any toll collection in the Avinashi bypass? If so, I will avoid this bypass.
Old 4th August 2012, 22:38   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie

Thanks gajadonga, any toll collection in the Avinashi bypass? If so, I will avoid this bypass.
No tolls as of now at Avinashi.
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 15:30   #515
BHPian

I am planning to drive to Cochin this weekend. Is there any good place for overnight stay (with family) near Avinashi (so that i can start from Bangalore on Fri itself)? Something like Anamalais in Udumulpet?
Old 6th August 2012, 15:53   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
I am planning to drive to Cochin this weekend. Is there any good place for overnight stay (with family) near Avinashi (so that i can start from Bangalore on Fri itself)? Something like Anamalais in Udumulpet?
Check out this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ngalore-4.html

You can try.

1. Hotel Chennis -Perundurai
2. Hotel Rithanns -Before Coimbatore bypass
3. Hotel Saravana Bhavan - Sankari

Hotel Saravana Bhavan would be the best of the lot followed by Chennis.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 09:56   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

Couple of days back I drove to Coimbatore and came back, while going I totally missed Avinashi entry point. I didn't know where the bypass road for Avinashi started, realized it only after reaching Karumathampatti. Hence drove till Coimbatore airport, then took the Kalapatti main road to reach Saravanampatti.

While returning I took the Annur route and the road was excellent with no potholes and took only 40 minutes to reach Avinashi. Traffic was very less and hence I was able to maintain 80-90. After joining the highway I looked if there are any signboards indicating the entry point for Avinashi before the bypass(While coming from Coimbatore) but couldn't find any. So if any one wants to enter Avinashi then you will have to be very careful not to miss the entry for Avinashi.

Also, in all the new fly-overs after Avinashi the center point of the flyover is very uneven which will make you to brake. So, beware of this when you are crossing this stretch.

Last edited by arun_josie : 7th August 2012 at 09:58.
Old 13th August 2012, 11:21   #518
BHPian

I am travelling to Kottayam on Aug 15th but would be starting on Aug 14th late afternoon for coimbatore, planning a halt there and then the next morning to Kumarakom for two days and then to Munnar for the next 3 days.
I have booked the night accomodation at Hotel KK Residency in Coimbatore @ Sstri Road, so in order to reach there, which route is advisable post Avinashi? Any inputs about the hotel mentioned above would also help.
Old 13th August 2012, 11:35   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
I am travelling to Kottayam on Aug 15th but would be starting on Aug 14th late afternoon for coimbatore, planning a halt there and then the next morning to Kumarakom for two days and then to Munnar for the next 3 days.
I have booked the night accomodation at Hotel KK Residency in Coimbatore @ Sstri Road, so in order to reach there, which route is advisable post Avinashi? Any inputs about the hotel mentioned above would also help.
Take the NH47 and just before the L&T Bypass road at the signal,take a right and go towards CBE airport.Straight at the signal would take you to the L&T bypass.Keep on the Avinashi road and go beyond the airport.Here is the GM link to the hotel.Nothing great about the hotel,usual budget place.Havent stayed there.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=Avi...t=m&z=17&via=1
Old 13th August 2012, 11:43   #520
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I would say best is go to Annur and take the NH209 (Kanakpura road). From Google maps, I see the hotel to be very close to Central Bus stand off the NH209.
Hence suggesting to take the Annur option.

Last edited by ampere : 13th August 2012 at 11:44.
Old 13th August 2012, 11:48   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I would say best is go to Annur and take the NH209 (Kanakpura road). From Google maps, I see the hotel to be very close to Central Bus stand off the NH209.
Hence suggesting to take the Annur option.
Thanks Ampere, but I would start from Bangalore at about 3PM tomorrow with family, do you still suggest I should take the kanakapura route? or Is it advisable to take the GQ route?
Old 13th August 2012, 11:52   #522
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Ampere, but I would start from Bangalore at about 3PM tomorrow with family, do you still suggest I should take the kanakapura route? or Is it advisable to take the GQ route?
Sorry I did not mean suggesting Kanakpura road. I meant take GQ till Avinashi.
At Avanshi divert to Annur and then come to CBE via NH209.
Hope that clears it !

Here is what I was referring to :
Route Link
Old 13th August 2012, 13:37   #523
BHPian

Quote:

Route Link
ampere, a small last stretch of Gokhale street is a No Entry, while coming from Cross-cut road.

Quote:
I have booked the night accomodation at Hotel KK Residency in Coimbatore @ Sstri Road, so in order to reach there, which route is advisable post Avinashi?
AltoHoncho, except for a small deviation, you can follow ampere's route link. You have to take the previous left from Cross-cut road to reach Sastri road. Here is the link. In case, if you need an alternate accommodation, you can try Hotel Sri Lakshmi, inside Lakshmi Complex on the Cross-cut road.
Arun.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 17:34   #524
BHPian

Quote:
... I meant take GQ till Avinashi.
At Avanshi divert to Annur and then come to CBE via NH209.
Route Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
...You have to take the previous left from Cross-cut road to reach Sastri road. Here is the link. In case, if you need an alternate accommodation, you can try Hotel Sri Lakshmi, inside Lakshmi Complex on the Cross-cut road.
Thanks guys, Ampere/Arun, if I could get your contact numbers just in case required.
For the hotel, I had done the booking from makemytrip so as of now I'll go by that, lets see if any changes to this come up on the day. Its just a night-hold that I need, and then morning I would be moving to kumarakom. Any suggestions on that would be welcoming. Thanks again.
Old 13th August 2012, 18:23   #525
BHPian

Quote:
...then morning I would be moving to kumarakom. Any suggestions on that would be welcoming.
Avoid Palakkad-Alathur-Vadakkenchery-Thrissur, it's just only pot-holes in most part of this stretch. Instead take Palakkad-Kulapully-Shoranur-Wadakkanchery-Thrissur.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks