Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore to Coimbatore : Route Queries

Hello all

For updates on Mecheri-Nangavalli-Idappadi stretch, kindly refer this link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-pleasure.html
Old 19th May 2014, 16:40   #692
Senior - BHPian

Irrespective of the TN checkpost side hold-up and toll gate traffic, traveling time in the NH7 is getting reduced and the driving is effortless too.

For someone like me who keeps the needle around 80 kmph, the return through NH209 proved to be involving to drive; and it is in the same pristine condition as it used to be; Cauveri bridge to Malavalli continues to be the best 2 lane road i have ever driven.
Old 19th May 2014, 17:39   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Irrespective of the TN checkpost side hold-up and toll gate traffic, traveling time in the NH7 is getting reduced and the driving is effortless too.

For someone like me who keeps the needle around 80 kmph, the return through NH209 proved to be involving to drive; and it is in the same pristine condition as it used to be; Cauveri bridge to Malavalli continues to be the best 2 lane road i have ever driven.
May be the next time, you can explore this route (if not tried before): Via Hosur, Rayakottai, Palacode, Thoppur,Omalur, Tharamangalam, Sankagiri and Avinashi. Very good roads all the way.
In case your destination happens to be North CBE, then you can try the Mettur-Ammapettai-Anthiyur-Sathy and Annur.
Old 21st May 2014, 16:02   #694
BHPian

Hi everyone, need some suggestions for a trip between Bangalore and Coimbatore.

I would be starting from near MG road and in CBE my destination is Sundarapuram, Pollachi Road.

I have travelled by the 4 lane NH - Hosur - K'giri - Salem- Avinashi many times and I am quite bored by it. I have also done the route why Mettur where you turn right somewhere near Thoppur.

Any route that avoids the toll roads , but more importantly takes me through some scenic routes would be very welcome. I need some refreshment for my eyes.
Also, I am travelling with my parents so some decent eating options for evening snacks etc would be welcome too!

Thanks!

PS: I did try reading the thread but couldnt make out the places, got too confused. So apologies if I am asking what is available already.
Old 21st May 2014, 16:12   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post

I would be starting from near MG road and in CBE my destination is Sundarapuram, Pollachi Road.

I have travelled by the 4 lane NH - Hosur - K'giri - Salem- Avinashi many times and I am quite bored by it. I have also done the route why Mettur where you turn right somewhere near Thoppur.

Any route that avoids the toll roads , but more importantly takes me through some scenic routes would be very welcome. I need some refreshment for my eyes.
Also, I am travelling with my parents so some decent eating options for evening snacks etc would be welcome too!

Thanks!

PS: I did try reading the thread but couldnt make out the places, got too confused. So apologies if I am asking what is available already.

Bangalore-Kanakpura-Malvalli-Kollegal-Chamrajnagar-Sathy-Coimbatore is good alternate to the Hosur route.

Scenic-Yes,
Toll roads-none,
Eateries- no decent ones. Others can correct me here since I think Chamrajnagar should have few.

Apart from that, it is a single lane well paved roads and a you will enjoy the drive. Leave early morning and it will be a joy to drive this route.

Last weekend I drove this route till Chamrajnagar after which I cut off to Gundlept. The roads are good 90% of the way.
Couple of months I had rode this route till Sathy and to Mettur. The ghats and roads in TN are even better.

If you can manage the snacks bit and rest stops, I would suggest this route any day over the expressways.
Only be careful of two wheelers since there will be loads of them on this route and of course livestock on the road.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 16:25   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I would suggest the following route

Via Hosur, Rayakottai, Palacode by pass, Thoppur, Omalur, Tharamangalam, Sankagiri, Erode, Kangeyam, Palladam and Sulur. In this route, you have to pay toll at Attibele and Thoppur only. If you are willing to go via TVS Factory in Hosur, you can avoid paying toll at Attibele.
Good roads all the way. Going via Omalur and Tharamangalam is better than going via Mettur-Bhavani courtesy the lorry traffic.

Another option is to go
Via Hosur, Rayakottai, Palacode by pass, Thoppur, Mecheri, Nangavalli, Jalakandapuram, Idappadi and Sankagiri.

Please go through the link below for more details about the second route

suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 19:37   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
If you are willing to go via TVS Factory in Hosur, you can avoid paying toll at Attibele.
Toll Free Suresh(LOL)!

More than avoiding toll, it is the skipping of traffic at TN border that makes one take TVS road.

If taking Attibelle-TVS road, there must be an 'acceptable' link road to connect to Hosur-Rayakottai road. Have you got any idea?

http://goo.gl/maps/cIFZN
Old 22nd May 2014, 09:18   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Toll Free Suresh(LOL)!

More than avoiding toll, it is the skipping of traffic at TN border that makes one take TVS road.

If taking Attibelle-TVS road, there must be an 'acceptable' link road to connect to Hosur-Rayakottai road. Have you got any idea?

http://goo.gl/maps/cIFZN
I have modified the route map shown by you. I have shown the directions fron TVS Factory onwards. Follow the directions shown in green arrow.
If you see the map, once you reach the 4 road junction, the left will take you to hosur railway station, the right will take you to denkanikottai. The right is also the shortest route to go to hogenakkal.
If you go straight, it takes you to Rayakottai. But this road is not in the best of conditions as bridge construction work has been done at many places and they have not been patched up properly. At some places, work is going on.
So i would suggest you to turn left at the 4 road junction till you see hosur railway station on your right side. This road leading to railway station is good.
From there ask for uzhavar sandhai road. I have been on this stretch twice before. Since you pass through town, the road is not great. Watch out for potholes. The uzhavar sandhai road meets the hosur rayakottai road. From here onwards , the road is great to drive.

I had been on this stretch in April 2014. Treat to drive on this road.

For more details please refer this link.

Bangalore to Coimbatore : Route Queries-route-map.jpg

Last edited by suresh_gs : 22nd May 2014 at 09:32.
Old 22nd May 2014, 09:40   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This road leading to railway station is good.
From there ask for uzhavar sandhai road. I have been on this stretch twice before.
Today i had to drop someone at the Hosur railway station. Took the Attibelle-TVS-Denkanikottai road.

The road from Attibelle to TVS is broken with a nasty pothole here and there. Once inside TN side, it is great; looks like they have relaid the road recently.
Old 22nd May 2014, 09:53   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today i had to drop someone at the Hosur railway station. Took the Attibelle-TVS-Denkanikottai road.

The road from Attibelle to TVS is broken with a nasty pothole here and there. Once inside TN side, it is great; looks like they have relaid the road recently.
You are spot on with your observation. On the KA side, stretch from Attibele to TVS has been always bad. Whatever you saw is somewhat OK. Prior to this it was still worse. I still remember seeing the huge pothole at the KA TN border.
But after the border in TN, the stretch is good. It has been relaid recently all in the name of elections.
Old 23rd May 2014, 14:55   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Bangalore-Kanakpura-Malvalli-Kollegal-Chamrajnagar-Sathy-Coimbatore is good alternate to the Hosur route.

Scenic-Yes,
Toll roads-none,
Eateries- no decent ones. Others can correct me here since I think Chamrajnagar should have few.

Apart from that, it is a single lane well paved roads and a you will enjoy the drive. Leave early morning and it will be a joy to drive this route.

Last weekend I drove this route till Chamrajnagar after which I cut off to Gundlept. The roads are good 90% of the way.
Couple of months I had rode this route till Sathy and to Mettur. The ghats and roads in TN are even better.

If you can manage the snacks bit and rest stops, I would suggest this route any day over the expressways.
Only be careful of two wheelers since there will be loads of them on this route and of course livestock on the road.
Thank you tharian for your suggestion! Ihad some reservations on this route as I would be passing through the Satyamangalam Forest (acc to Google Maps -hope its correct?) and also if there any specific timings when this route would be open etc.

However a friend travelled by this same route enroute to kottayam and he called up saying the roads are in a great condition. So I am taking this route to CBE.

Quote:
I would suggest the following route

Via Hosur, Rayakottai, Palacode by pass, Thoppur, Omalur, Tharamangalam, Sankagiri, Erode, Kangeyam, Palladam and Sulur. In this route, you have to pay toll at Attibele and Thoppur only. If you are willing to go via TVS Factory in Hosur, you can avoid paying toll at Attibele.
Good roads all the way. Going via Omalur and Tharamangalam is better than going via Mettur-Bhavani courtesy the lorry traffic.

Another option is to go
Via Hosur, Rayakottai, Palacode by pass, Thoppur, Mecheri, Nangavalli, Jalakandapuram, Idappadi and Sankagiri.

Please go through the link below for more details about the second route

Suresh_gs,

Thanks for your suggestion as well, However I am trying the route mentioned above. Reg your route, I have done 60% this route before - BLR->Hosur->Rayakottai->K'Giri->Erode->Kangeyam->Palladam->Karadivavi->Eachanari(CBE)

Will update this thread once I finish the trip!

Thanks again!
Old 23rd May 2014, 15:14   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you tharian for your suggestion! Ihad some reservations on this route as I would be passing through the Satyamangalam Forest (acc to Google Maps -hope its correct?) and also if there any specific timings when this route would be open etc.
In the Sathyamangalam route, there is clear demarcation between the NH and forest unlike the route via Nilambur where one has to pass through Bandipur and Mudhumalai forest
Old 30th May 2014, 11:11   #703
Senior - BHPian

Folks
A good friend of mine is traveling to coimbatore. In the return trip, he intends to come via Sathy, Athani, Mettur, Thoppur route. I had been on the metur-bhavani road in aug 2013. Roads were in pristine condition then.

Any updates on the latest road conditions. Do give feedback
Old 25th August 2014, 07:33   #704
BHPian

Hotel Gowrishankar on NH47 close to Coimbatore

Made a trip from Coimbatore, vadavalli to Bangalore, Bellandur on Sunday Aug 24. Left @ 6.15am, travelled 30km approx, found on the NH 47 left side Hotel Gowrishankar. Had to go about 200 meters and take an U turn on the same side of the road to service road and get to the hotel just behind Reliance petrol pump. The petrol bunk is dysfunctional. Gowrishankar started about 40 days back serves excellent breakfast and has neat wash rooms. Met with the manager Ravi there and he said that lunch is even better Promised to make an extended U trip and try out lunch there in stead of going up to Peelamedu to have lunch in Anandhaas.

The bye pass roads are almost over except that speed bumps are not removed on top of the bye pass bridges and at the ends; this is till about 60 KMs to Coimbatore. Otherwise a non-stop Bangalore - Cbe trip would be about 5 hours at 80-100kmph excluding traffic jams at Hosur, Salem bye pass. We made it in that time excluding BF time and vegetable shopping at farmers market @ RS puram; OT the vegetables in these farmers market are fresh n lot less expensive. Why can't we have them in Bangalore :(

Cheers
Old 25th August 2014, 19:22   #705
BHPian

Re: Hotel Gowrishankar on NH47 close to Coimbatore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Made a trip from Coimbatore, vadavalli to Bangalore, Bellandur on Sunday Aug 24. Left @ 6.15am, travelled 30km approx, found on the NH 47 left side Hotel Gowrishankar. Had to go about 200 meters and take an U turn on the same side of the road to service road and get to the hotel just behind Reliance petrol pump. The petrol bunk is dysfunctional. Gowrishankar started about 40 days back serves excellent breakfast and has neat wash rooms. Met with the manager Ravi there and he said that lunch is even better Promised to make an extended U trip and try out lunch there in stead of going up to Peelamedu to have lunch in Anandhaas.

Cheers
Is this Annapurna Gowrishankar? And can you please point out where exactly is this? Is it somewhere near karumathampatti?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks