Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2014, 12:53   #676
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore to Coimbatore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
How is the road condition between Bhavani/ Erode to coimbatore. last time I had been there there was a lot of 4 laning work going on.
- Bhavani to Avinashi is full 4-lane
- Avinashi bypass is complete
- The drive till LT Bypass (CBE) is also almost done I think. Check with regulars on this.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 16:07   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere

- Bhavani to Avinashi is full 4-lane
- Avinashi bypass is complete
- The drive till LT Bypass (CBE) is also almost done I think. Check with regulars on this.
I did this route last Saturday and is in good condition except for a deviation. Bumps on flyover joint is still there which is marked either with a 30kmph sigh or a big Bump image.
Old 9th April 2014, 21:07   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
- - The drive till LT Bypass (CBE) is also almost done I think. Check with regulars on this.
I do this stretch almost once a month. Bhavani to Coimbatore is good. Humps on flyovers are well marked with bump sign or speed limit indicators. But would be difficult to spot during night. Only way is to look for other vehicles ahead of ours on the fly over and their driving speed! There are two deviations after avinashi and be mindful of Y fork at Nilambur where bypass and road to Coimbatore city fork out.
Old 10th April 2014, 08:24   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Are you talking about Metur Bhavani Road to Coimbatore?. I had been on this stretch to Erode in August 2013. Excellent 2 lane road after a long long time. In your case you have to deviate from a junction called Ammapettai along the Metur-Bhavani Road to Coimbatore.
I was thinking of using Hosur, Palacode, Thoppur, Mecheri, Mettur, Bhavani, Avinashi, CBE.

I followed your journey where you had gone to a couple of temples close to Bhavani. However after that I need to know how to get to CBE i.e. how to get onto NH 47 from Bhavani? Ammapetai to NH47 doesn't look connected as per Google maps.

Last year had taken the 4 lane route K'giri NH7 and 47 to CBE but towards CBE there was a lot of 4 laning work in progress.
Old 10th April 2014, 08:32   #680
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was thinking of using Hosur, Palacode, Thoppur, Mecheri, Mettur, Bhavani, Avinashi, CBE.
Hosur-Palacode are decent roads. But you are on teh Mettur road, truck increases. And I think its more even Mettur-Bhavani road.

Quote:
However after that I need to know how to get to CBE i.e. how to get onto NH 47 from Bhavani?
Bhavani IS on NH47.

Quote:
Ammapetai to NH47 doesn't look connected as per Google maps.
Where do you want to head in CBE, if north, then you can do :

Mettur-Ammapetai-Anthyur-Athani-Sathy-Sirumugai-Karamadai.

Or : Palacode-Dharmapuri (NH7) - Thoppur-Omalur (exit 4-lane) -Tharamangalam - Sankari-Bhavani-Avinashi-CBE.

If you are looking for good roads, NH-NH47 is four laned all the way up to Avinashi and further till L&T bypass. Passing through Salem is also not that big a deal.
Old 10th April 2014, 12:19   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I followed your journey where you had gone to a couple of temples close to Bhavani. However after that I need to know how to get to CBE i.e. how to get onto NH 47 from Bhavani? Ammapetai to NH47 doesn't look connected as per Google maps.

Last year had taken the 4 lane route K'giri NH7 and 47 to CBE but towards CBE there was a lot of 4 laning work in progress.
Are you put up in North Coimbatore or South Coimbatore. If it is North, then going via Mettur, Ammapettai, Sathy and Annur is the best option. No need to go to Bhavani.
If it is South, going via NH7/NH47 is the best option. Instead of going via Mettur, Bhavani, and then touching NH47, i would suggest going via Omalur, Tharamangalam , Sankagiri to reach Avinashi. The latter is faster compared to the former.
Old 15th April 2014, 12:04   #682
Senior - BHPian

We went both ways through the 4 laned roads. The 4 laning is almost comlete but still some work going on nearing Coimbatore. Flyover work is also going on near Hosur. But from the quality of the finished work it is going to be smooth driving when completed. OT rode a Kawasaki ZX 10 R from Salem to Coimbatore. What a blast it was except for the unfinished expansion joints on the flyovers.
Old 17th April 2014, 16:03   #683
BHPian

Hi,

I am driving tonight to R S Puram from Bangalore. Do not have much idea about Coimbatore. Would be helpful if you can give directions to be taken after one is near the city.

Also for a 5:30pm start where can we (family) take a dinner/restroom break?

How much time would we take to reach RS Puram with a 30 min break?

Thanks

Vindy
Old 17th April 2014, 16:08   #684
Team-BHP Support

Since you are driving at night, stick to 4-lane. No point taking the Kanakpura road. For dinner I think you should enough places on NH7. By 8 you should be around Thoppur. You can break at A2B or Raja Bhojanam. If you need to splurge, drive further towards Salem and you have Park Plaza.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 16:52   #685
BHPian

Any good restaurants for dinner near Coimbatore? Especially on Palakkad - Bangalore highway.
Old 17th April 2014, 17:02   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Any good restaurants for dinner near Coimbatore? Especially on Palakkad - Bangalore highway.
perundurai there is Aryas,Annalakshmi,saravana bhavan.

Just before the L&T Bypass there is Rajabhojanam to your right.On the L&T bypass,you would find a Saravan Bhavan on the pollachi road junction.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 17:50   #687
BHPian

You might already be on the road nevertheless this should help.
Once you skip the L&T bye pass and get into the city you just have to keep it straight all the way through numerous signals on the Avinashi road until you climb up a flyover. This flyover is a roundabout at the top. Once you climb up just circle around and take the third exit. Essenrially it is like taking a U turn but not on the same road that you came in but the adjacent. Once you get down keep it straight, you'll pass the Brookefield mall on your right, and will merge into DB Road. This is RSPuram, you could then head to your final destination.
Old 18th April 2014, 13:08   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
On the L&T bypass,you would find a Saravan Bhavan on the pollachi road junction.
Ranjit, Saravana Bhavan is at L&T bypass - Trichy road Junction. It's a on the Trichy road, 100 meters approx from the bypass. I guess you mean this restaurant.

Last edited by Arun.K : 18th April 2014 at 13:18.
Arun.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 13:30   #689
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Just before the L&T Bypass there is Rajabhojanam to your right.On the L&T bypass,you would find a Saravan Bhavan on the pollachi road junction.
Is there one more Raja Bhojanam? I thought there is only one at Thoppur.
Old 18th April 2014, 14:08   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
Ranjit, Saravana Bhavan is at L&T bypass - Trichy road Junction. It's a on the Trichy road, 100 meters approx from the bypass. I guess you mean this restaurant.
Apologies,yes its Trichy Road jn.Thanks for pointing this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is there one more Raja Bhojanam? I thought there is only one at Thoppur.
The original Rajabhojanams were either ends of the CBE L&T Bypass.The one at Thoppur is a recent addition.The Rajabhojanam at Walayar end IIRC has shut down.Both the old Rajabhojanams are attached to Reliance pumps.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks