Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2014, 16:39   #136
BHPian

Re: Best Route From Mumbai To Kochi

MODs: sorry for the back to back post. the time had elapsed to Edit

Also i will be driving a newly registered KL car, what precautions should i take if i get caught by the bangalore police and asked to pay the tax there. How can i prove that i am just passing through on the way to Mumbai

Also any route suggestions to avoid getting caught by the cops in the first place?

thanks ampere for the reply. i will be travelling from Palai to Mumbai. So if i start early can i push ahead beyond tumkur. is there any place after couple of hours from tumkur where i can break

Last edited by Mohan Mathew A : 18th November 2014 at 16:42.
Old 18th November 2014, 17:05   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Also if i drive within speed limits what will be the driving time from kochi to Tumkur and also from Tumkur to mumbai
Kochi to Tumkur will take you 13-14hrs.
It will be better if you continue upto Davengere .
Davengere to Mumbai will take you about 12hrs,if you start early. Expect traffic at the Pune bypass.

Take the Trichur-Pattambi-Nilambur-Mysore-Hiriyur route only if you are doing it past midnight else the small towns in between Trichur and Nilambur will slow you considerably.
Old 18th November 2014, 19:22   #138
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
thanks ampere for the reply. i will be travelling from Palai to Mumbai. So if i start early can i push ahead beyond tumkur. is there any place after couple of hours from tumkur where i can break
Sorry its the other way round! In that case, you should be able to push till Hubli. Its about a 1000km. If you are not confident, then Chitradurga. Again you have a hotel by Naveen Regency right on the 4-lane.

If you can push till Hubli, then great (I greatly doubt it though). The hotels are better. The preferred one is Clarks Inn on Gokul road.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 19:54   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also i will be driving a newly registered KL car, what precautions should i take if i
Also any route suggestions to avoid getting caught by the cops in the first place?
I did Mumbai Kochi during last Easter holidays. Left Mumbai at 0630 in the morning and stayed at Davangere on the first day reaching there by seven in the evening. We avoided the Konkan route solely because it is mainly single lane roads and to avoid the heavy truck traffic.reached Kochi by seven the next day, leaving Davangere by eight in the morning.
There is nothing to worry if you have all the valid vehicle documents and proper ID docs.
Old 22nd November 2014, 10:24   #140
BHPian

Hi guys, I am planning for a road trip from Pune to Cochin (Kothamangalam to be precise) on Dec 1. Planning to leave at around 0400 HRS from Pimpri, Pune. I am not much concerned about the duration as I am driving alone and hence thinking to take the Mysore route. The sheer beauty around the roads and the drive through the forest is making me think like this. Only advantage if I take the Bengaluru route is that i can stay for free at my Cousin's place . So my query is about the quality of road through mysore. Is it in good condition or would I break my spine?

And my ride is will be Ford Classic.
Old 22nd November 2014, 15:47   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikr View Post
And my ride is will be Ford Classic.
The problem is not till Mysore. But it actually starts after that. The route via Nilambur/Shornur is twisty and also has traffic. That would slow you down considerably. The roads around Nilambur is also not that great.
Old 22nd November 2014, 16:06   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The problem is not till Mysore. But it actually starts after that. The route via Nilambur/Shornur is twisty and also has traffic. That would slow you down considerably. The roads around Nilambur is also not that great.
What about the route via Wayanad - Calicut? Twisty roads are something that I love. But heavy traffic and bad road surfaces will keep me back.
Old 22nd November 2014, 16:34   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What about the route via Wayanad - Calicut? Twisty roads are something that I love. But heavy traffic and bad road surfaces will keep me back.
No way! Its way too long and also its a BIG round about. And last you dont want to take the NH17 esp in Kerala where its only traffic and less of fun.

Instead try this:

Pune-Mysore-Chamarajanagar-Dimbam-Annur-Avinashi-Palladam-Pollachi-Kollengode-Vadakkenchery-Trichur bypas - Angamaly - Perumbavoor - Kothamanagalam.

You get best of both worlds. Good nice interior roads and also 4-lane when you need to speed up.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd November 2014 at 16:39.
Old 22nd November 2014, 16:45   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Instead try this:

Pune-Mysore-Chamarajanagar-Dimbam-Annur-Avinashi-Palladam-Pollachi-Kollengode-Vadakkenchery-Trichur bypas - Angamaly - Perumbavoor - Kothamanagalam.

Never thought about this one. Can think of this route.
So shall I break at Mysore and continue the next day or is it possible for me to extend it bit after Mysore?
Thanks a lot

Last edited by harikr : 22nd November 2014 at 16:50.
Old 22nd November 2014, 16:49   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Never thought about this one. Can think of this route. Thanks a lot
If you want a relaxed drive, then go till Mysore on Day 1 and the next day start at leisure and go past Nanjangud-Chamarajanagar-Dimbam-Annur and there on.

Dimbam has hairpins where you come down. Do note, traffic may get held up if a some thing breaks down on the hairpins. Thats the only caveat.

Annur-Avinashi-Palladam-Pollachi-Vaddakkencherry also bypasses Coimbattiore-Walayar-Palakkad

Last edited by ampere : 22nd November 2014 at 16:50.
Old 22nd November 2014, 16:57   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Annur-Avinashi-Palladam-Pollachi-Vaddakkencherry also bypasses Coimbattiore-Walayar-Palakkad
Yea, that is a blessing. It is the real bottle neck on the route.
Old 22nd November 2014, 17:02   #147
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yea, that is a blessing. It is the real bottle neck on the route.
Sorry forgot to address the other question:

If you think you can push beyond Mysore on day one, you can drive to Chamarajanagar. Nijaguna is a good place to stay. It about another 60km.

http://www.nijagunaresidency.com

In that case you may also bypass Mysore:

Route Link

Pandavpura-Srirangapatana-Bannur-T-Narasipura-Chamarajanagar

Last edited by ampere : 22nd November 2014 at 17:07.
Old 22nd November 2014, 17:07   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry forgot to address the other question:

http://www.nijagunaresidency.com
Thanks. And you didn't forget, I edited the post later and by that time, your reply was already there. You are too prompt

Thanks a lot ampere.
harikr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 15:34   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Yes thats the best option. You should be able to drive down to Tumkur/Bangalore end of day one. An early start the next day should take you to the destination with quite ease. No need for any query on road conditions. Good from start to end.
Hi Ampere

After vadakkencheri towards kollengode google map is suggesting the road through Alathur, i see another road through nemmara again leading to Kollengode. which one should would you suggest i take?

also does the NICE road start from the electronic city flyover itself. how far is the exit ramp to NICE road from the start of the flyover (just so that i don't miss it)
Old 24th November 2014, 16:24   #150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
After vadakkencheri towards kollengode google map is suggesting the road through Alathur, i see another road through nemmara again leading to Kollengode. which one should would you suggest i take?
The Nemmara road is the one you should take to Kollegode. The idea is to stay away from NH47 as much as a possible around CBE/Palakkad/Trichur.

Quote:
also does the NICE road start from the electronic city flyover itself. how far is the exit ramp to NICE road from the start of the flyover (just so that i don't miss it)
No. When you hit the Electronic City signal, get on to service road on to your extreme left. In another 1-1.5 km you would see the NICE road exit on your left.

Last edited by ampere : 24th November 2014 at 16:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks