Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2020, 21:53   #12826
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Buddy, do you have a link to this G.O. somewhere? Not able to find this G.O. in Kerala Govt Websites. Asking because, I do not see any signature or seal in the document. Don't want to spread this information among family, friends until 100% sure. No offense to you. Thanks in advance.

Spike
It’s there in Malayalam news sites as well.
Old 22nd September 2020, 22:07   #12827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Buddy, do you have a link to this G.O. somewhere? Not able to find this G.O. in Kerala Govt Websites.
I don't think this got uploaded online yet, because the decision was made today. May get uploaded in a day or two probably.

Attaching the second page of it which has a signature, if that helps.

All Roads to Kerala-screenshot_20200922220226_drive.jpg

I don't see a reason to not trust this. Surprised why even the 7 day quarantine is in place still.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 22:12   #12828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
I don't think this got uploaded online yet, because the decision was made today. May get uploaded in a day or two probably.
The same is reported in Malayala Manorama also. (It's in Malayalam)

https://www.manoramaonline.com/news/...overnment.html
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 22:53   #12829
BHPian

Quote:
I don't see a reason to not trust this. Surprised why even the 7 day quarantine is in place still.
I am surprised as well. I was expecting that Kerala would take away this rule soon, but they reduced the number of days to 7. Ridiculous, especially when 95% of daily covid positive cases are from inside the state.
My cousin meantime went to Bangalore and returned within 24 hours through Muthanga checkpost without a pass, he was let through when he said it was a short trip. There are still no official guidelines for short term travelers. Talk about being literate everywhere and they want a healthy person with no symptoms to get tested on the 7th day of quarantine at testing centres which are usually well crowded.

Last edited by Xaos636 : 22nd September 2020 at 23:04.
Xaos636 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 08:15   #12830
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The order is out:
  • All who visit other states and return to Kerala and all visitors to Kerala shall be advised to undergo quarantine for 7 days.
  • They can be tested on the 7th day after arrival and if tested negative, further quarantine of 7 days is optional and not mandatory, though 14 days quarantine is desirable as per health protocol.
  • Those who don't get tested would be advised to continue on quarantine for the remaining 7 days and complete total of 14 days in quarantine.

Attachment 2058196
Well the police are not stating this.

My wife has been in Kochi since 14th. It is the 9th day, the police literally stalk her. Ringing up daily, asking inane questions. Warning them not to step out and get rid of the waste, send a what app location.

Appreciate the random check but the stalking is near intrusive and comical at the same time.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 09:42   #12831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636
I am surprised as well. I was expecting that Kerala would take away this rule soon, but they reduced the number of days to 7. Ridiculous, especially when 95% of daily covid positive cases are from inside the state.
The linked report is in Malayalam and it says that "Community spread threat is high in Kerala, Test positivity is also higher than the national average".

Now this is the situation with the 14 day quarantine and n number of travel restrictions already imposed. And as of yesterday hotels & restuarants within the state can also serve food on-premise. The present community spread is NOT because of people from outside Kerala travelling to the state, but due to the social interactions happening within the state. I am sorry to say this, but looks like there is an attempt to give a message that COVID spreading in KL is mainly because of people outside the state.

Pretty much every other state has adopted different strategies other than lock downs, travel bans, two weeks quarantine etc. It is now becoming obvious that the country will have to live with this virus around for some time.
Old 23rd September 2020, 09:58   #12832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
I am sorry to say this, but looks like there is an attempt to give a message that COVID spreading in KL is mainly because of people outside the state.
Yes, it is indeed weird. There is no quarantine if you travel 500 Kms up north from Covid infested Trivandrum to say Kasargod or Kannur. But 14 days quarantine if you travel from some 350 Kms away Bangalore. (Kms has nothing to do, just saying)

Sorry, a rant and

Last edited by balenoed_ : 23rd September 2020 at 10:06.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 11:27   #12833
BHPian

Applied for a short visit pass on Sep 20th for travel to KL on Sep 23rd.
Pass got approved on Sep 21. Had applied under "property management" and attached the return TN epass for Sep 27th.

Started from CBE home at 5.30a on Sep 23 and reached Walayar at 6.20a. Could not locate any police officer anywhere on the border. But on the TN side I could see a police guy directing all cars to the same make shift tent for epass verification. I just drove off and reached Cherthala at 9.45a. No checks anywhere in between. I am not sure if this is happening with all or I am just lucky. Even last time same thing happened with me.

One of my neighbour family went with out pass on Sep 21st and they were directed to the tax office at Walayar, were they had given the details of the travellers.

About road condition-

Walayar toll plaza always fails to read my Fastag. They have the sensor placed hanging above the vehicles. Had to move back and forth to get the reader read my Fastag. Thrissur it was as usual, complete mess with 10 minutes to pass through.
Wadakkancherry service road is completely damaged and full of slush due to recent rains. The roads till Thrissur has few unexpected potholes and bigger ones in Kuthiran. Heavy vehicles are seen driving criss-cross negotiating the potholes. Private buses in the Thrissur - Palakkad route have started plying.
Couple of scary moments were given by those Mahindra Bolero Pick up trucks which were carrying liquor (Toddy ). These guys are very dangerous and overtakes from all possible sides. They even overtake trucks from the left doing mild off-roading on Kuthiran roads. These guys are not 1 or 2, there are many. They were also seen tailgating vehicles.
Looks like everything is back to normal in Kerala.
Road condition is getting worser day by day, especially the Wadakkancherry - Thrissur (Mannuthy). It survived all this while due to lockdown.

Last edited by deemash : 23rd September 2020 at 11:35.
deemash is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 12:54   #12834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

My wife has been in Kochi since 14th. It is the 9th day, the police literally stalk her. Ringing up daily, asking inane questions. Warning them not to step out and get rid of the waste, send a what app location.

Appreciate the random check but the stalking is near intrusive and comical at the same time.
I arrived in Kerala on Saturday, 19th. I had a valid pass, made an entry at Walayar at the checking point, where they took down my pass number.

Reached home and called the area ASHA worker and one of the health officials. This guy sends qurantine and other health related guidelines on whatsapp. But apart from that no one from either the health department or police have contacted me till date.

Just seems a bit weird. Hopefully at the end of the quarantine period when I apply for a quarantine release certificate the guys will not say that they became aware of my entry only now, so I have to quarantine myself for further 2 weeks.

Maybe I am procrastinating.
Old 23rd September 2020, 13:30   #12835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Just seems a bit weird. Hopefully at the end of the quarantine period when I apply for a quarantine release certificate the guys will not say that they became aware of my entry only now, so I have to quarantine myself for further 2 weeks.
I got my quarantine release certificate online, on the day of completion of my 14 day quarantine. Didn't have to apply or go anywhere, got a link through SMS.

On a slightly different note, any member here who can suggest me the best route from Mavelikkara to Chennai (Vandalur)? I will be driving back to Chennai and not sure which is the best route considering road condition, google throws up with 3 options. I have driven down from Chennai once via Walayar but that was 10+ years back, not aware of the ground reality now, also due to the prevailing COVID situation. Any helpful suggestions are welcome.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 17:04   #12836
BHPian

Is it required that we need to transit only via the selected checkpost?

Asking since I need to go via Kootupuzha (makutam) but the portal shows no slot availability, hence selected Panathur (Kasargod) that showed available.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 17:29   #12837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post

Asking since I need to go via Kootupuzha (makutam) but the portal shows no slot availability, hence selected Panathur (Kasargod) that showed available.
Register for the next available slot and you can travel on any date you want, even before that. There is no issue in doing that.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 17:52   #12838
BHPian

Quote:

I have similar dilemma if anyone could clear the doubt on this:

1. I have a regular entry pass(BLR-TRV) which has point, date and time of entry(Aryankavu) printed on it. I had to change to this route because of short entry pass still in waiting state.

2. I have a short entry pass now as well which got approved later. On this, no mention of entry place.

I had initially planned to travel via madurai-nagercoil-trv(entering KL at Inchivila). Can I take this route and use my short entry pass instead of the other pass where entry is mentioned?
Old 23rd September 2020, 18:53   #12839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amods View Post
I have similar dilemma if anyone could clear the doubt on this:

1. I have a regular entry pass(BLR-TRV) which has point, date and time of entry(Aryankavu) printed on it. I had to change to this route because of short entry pass still in waiting state.

2. I have a short entry pass now as well which got approved later. On this, no mention of entry place.

I had initially planned to travel via madurai-nagercoil-trv(entering KL at Inchivila). Can I take this route and use my short entry pass instead of the other pass where entry is mentioned?
With the short pass, you need not bother about entry / checkpost.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 20:32   #12840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...hence selected Panathur (Kasargod) that showed available.
You can travel via Makkutta itself with this pass. There are people who even come to the check post and then register there. So this is not an issue anymore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks