Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2020, 17:14   #12781
can

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Traveled from Bangalore to Thrissur on 8th Sept with wife and kid by car. Started from BLR at 9 AM.

I had stuck the TN transit pass on the windshield. While entering TN after Attibele, the cop at the entry point glanced at the pass and waved me to proceed. No where else was I stopped in TN.

At Walayar only I had to get out of the vehicle and go over to the counter and show the Kerala e-pass printout. The lady noted down the details and asked me to proceed.

Reached home at around 5:30 PM. Got a call from the local police station reminding to stay in quarantine and to call health dept if we feel any symptoms.
can is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 18:33   #12782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by can View Post
At Walayar only I had to get out of the vehicle and go over to the counter and show the Kerala e-pass printout. The lady noted down the details and asked me to proceed.
So this is status quo! Meaning checkposts are still there? Or did you voluntarily stop and showed the pass?
bejoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 19:15   #12783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
This is the problem, there is no standard procedure. Certain places they call and enforce strict HQ, other places no follow ups at all. Couple of my friends who traveled from BLR were pushed to take a Covid Test after completion of 14 days HQ even when they didnt report any issues. I guess by doing this state govt is inadvertently trying to restrict interstate travel.
Were they allowed to complete their quarantine at their respective houses in Kerala or were they made to quarantine elsewhere?
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 19:56   #12784
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Were they allowed to complete their quarantine at their respective houses in Kerala or were they made to quarantine elsewhere?
One family was made to quarantine elsewhere since their's was a single storeyed house and had aged parents. Other family was allowed as they had a double storeyed house and were able to convince the officers that they will HQ upstairs. This was again last week, not sure how the situation is now since I hear that border checks are relaxed. Maybe recent travellers can confirm this.
pms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 19:59   #12785
pms
BHPian

Quote:

Reached home at around 5:30 PM. Got a call from the local police station reminding to stay in quarantine and to call health dept if we feel any symptoms.
Looks like nothing has changed then, were you stopped at Walayar to show the Kerala E-Pass?
Old 9th September 2020, 20:05   #12786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
After completing your drive, please do update about the drive and experience through TN and at Walayar.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
So this is status quo! Meaning checkposts are still there? Or did you voluntarily stop and showed the pass?
Crossed Walayar at about 5 pm yesterday. There were half a dozen cars and a bus at that time. Police personnel divert you to this point and direct you to the counter, where the pass is checked and details noted. A couple of people did not have the pass & their details were being recorded. Didn't want to spend more than bare minimum time there, hence am not sure what happened. Subsequently one of the cars overtook me, so guess they were allowed without pass.

P.S.
1. My previous applications for short visit got approved today.
2. Roads are bad at few places between Palghat & Angadipuram, including a couple of spots on the highway before Walayar. And, the turn off to Calicut before Perintalmanna bypass (before Jubilee Road) is in bad shape.
3. Saw only a couple of transport buses enroute. But lorry traffic has increased, both in TN as well as Kerala compared to my previous trip in early May.

Last edited by vrprabhu : 9th September 2020 at 20:08.
vrprabhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 20:10   #12787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Crossed Walayar at about 5 pm yesterday. There were half a dozen cars and a bus at that time. Police personnel divert you to this point and direct you to the counter, where the pass is checked and details noted. A couple of people did not have the pass & their details were being recorded. Didn't want to spend more than bare minimum time there, hence am not sure what happened. Subsequently one of the cars overtook me, so guess they were allowed without pass.
Thanks for the update. What about quarantine requirements? I am assuming that it is still there. Did health officials contact you?

I am planning to drive down next weekend, 19th Sep
Old 9th September 2020, 20:30   #12788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
P.S.
My previous applications for short visit got approved today.
May I know the Purpose of visit that you selected? For me, short visit passes are getting rejected.
Old 10th September 2020, 01:11   #12789
can

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Yes, status quo continues... just that only one person need to get down. Other passengers can remain in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
Looks like nothing has changed then, were you stopped at Walayar to show the Kerala E-Pass?
We were stopped, it was not voluntary.. but only one person needs to get down instead of all passengers which was the procedure earlier. And no temperature check was done.

Quote:
Thanks for the update. What about quarantine requirements? I am assuming that it is still there. Did health officials contact you?

I am planning to drive down next weekend, 19th Sep
No calls from health officials. Got a call from the police station asking to stay in quarantine for 14 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
May I know the Purpose of visit that you selected? For me, short visit passes are getting rejected.
I chose 'To Join with family'.
can is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 11:52   #12790
BHPian

Quote:

I chose 'To Join with family'.
I could not see this option when I select short visit. Fortunately, this morning my pass got approved for the reason "property management". I did not attach any proof other than my return TN epass for 13th Sept.
All this while the passes were rejecting. Since this monday I heard that the epasses are more liberal now and gets approved. I applied at 5pm and the next day 9am the pass was approved. Just need to meet ailing grand mother. The pass got approved for 4 members including kids less than 10.

Has any one travelled via the Velanthavalam checkpost? How's the situation there? Any checks done at this border?
I don't want to get down anywhere and take risk. I will take a print and stick the pass on the windshield. Our plan is to leave from TN38 by 6a on 12th Sept and reach KL32 by 10a.

Last edited by deemash : 10th September 2020 at 11:54.
Old 10th September 2020, 12:12   #12791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What about quarantine....
Didn't receive any communication till now - probably because of susequent approval of short visit application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
The pass which I used was NORKA. But, subsequently my application under property management for short visit also got approved.
vrprabhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 18:03   #12792
Team-BHP Support

Have to travel this month-end to Palakkad and applied for a return pass on TN's roads website. The pass was generated automatically which is good considering they were rejecting applications before during July.

For Kerala's entry pass I used the short visit option but I did not get a Family Visit option under the drop-down menu whereas my friend had it! Submitted the application using the Property Management option thus attaching TN's return pass as the proof of travel. Got an SMS too. Let's see how this goes.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th September 2020 at 18:08.
Old 10th September 2020, 19:41   #12793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

For Kerala's entry pass I used the short visit option but I did not get a Family Visit option under the drop-down menu whereas my friend had it! Submitted the application using the Property Management option thus attaching TN's return pass as the proof of travel. Got an SMS too. Let's see how this goes.
I don't know if it is a bug in the application. The first time when the page loads, the purpose of visit has Family Visit. But once you select the pass type as Short Visit, the option vanishes from the dropdown. I tried selecting Regular Visit option and then the options reduced to trade and one more.

Mostly, your KL epass will be approved as mine got approved today for the same Property Management option. Last month the rejection rates were higher for short visits.

Last edited by deemash : 10th September 2020 at 19:43.
Old 11th September 2020, 14:56   #12794
BHPian

After fed up with rejection of short stay applications, registered in Domestic Entry. But next available time slot at Walayar is on 16/9. Will they deny entry at the border, if I am going earlier. Thanks.
Old 11th September 2020, 15:02   #12795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Will they deny entry at the border, if I am going earlier. Thanks.
No, they do not. They just check the registration number at the check post.

At some check posts (like the one towards Kannur district), there is an option to register at the check post itself, so the date doesn't matter.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 11th September 2020 at 15:04.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks