Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2020, 14:05   #12916
BHPian
 
sun_king's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: KA05
Posts: 234
Thanked: 293 Times
Default Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of cochin View Post
Finally got the Short Visit Pass to travel to Kerala for a period of 7 days. I first applied for Self Declaration on the Jagratha Portal and mentioned the From and To as my home town itself. The pass was auto approved.

Then I applied for Short Visit pass, purpose as Tourism and as documentary proof I submitted the Self Decalaration document. This too was auto approved.

With the elusive Kerala Short visit epass to Ernakulam finally granted I applied for and received the KA->KL and KL->KA Transit Passes from TN's portal.

Finally after almost 8 months I am going to my hometown.
Is there any requirement for COVID-19 Negative test results to be in hand when you enter the state for short visit?

I took the Domestic Returnee pass to go for a 10 day stay in Kerala and now am hearing stories about returnees being cautioned by the police for being seen in the sit outs or terrace during the quarantine period. I have no intentions to be venturing out of the compound, but to be locked inside the house for the 10 days I will be there is kind of too extreme. If there are clear guidelines on the short stay, then it is lot better to return in 7 days with the freedom to go around in our own compound than being locked indoors for 10. I can cancel the existing returnee pass and be a tourist in my own place if that is how Kerala wants it (the tourist quarantine exemption does not really make any sense to me!)
sun_king is offline  
Old 20th October 2020, 14:21   #12917
BHPian
 
king of cochin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 26
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_king View Post
Is there any requirement for COVID-19 Negative test results to be in hand when you enter the state for short visit?

I took the Domestic Returnee pass to go for a 10 day stay in Kerala and now am hearing stories about returnees being cautioned by the police for being seen in the sit outs or terrace during the quarantine period. I have no intentions to be venturing out of the compound, but to be locked inside the house for the 10 days I will be there is kind of too extreme. If there are clear guidelines on the short stay, then it is lot better to return in 7 days with the freedom to go around in our own compound than being locked indoors for 10. I can cancel the existing returnee pass and be a tourist in my own place if that is how Kerala wants it (the tourist quarantine exemption does not really make any sense to me!)

I travelled to Calicut for a short visit in September for 2 days. I was not asked for any Covid negative tests. But local cops in Calicut were unaware of Short Visit Guidelines and were of the impression that everyone coming into Kerala had to be quarantined. When I offered to show him the printed guidelines and details on the pass the cop let me go without much fuss.

With Short visit we are allowed to go about normally, within reason. Police will caution, for legitimate reasons or otherwise, but that is something we just have to deal with.

I have opted for Short visit mainly because I dont want to stay in Quarantine for 7-14 days and I have no intention of being in Kerala for longer than a week anyways.
king of cochin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 14:38   #12918
BHPian
 
Repsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: KA51/KL66
Posts: 321
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_king View Post
I took the Domestic Returnee pass to go for a 10 day stay in Kerala and now am hearing stories about returnees being cautioned by the police for being seen in the sit outs or terrace during the quarantine period. I have no intentions to be venturing out of the compound, but to be locked inside the house for the 10 days I will be there is kind of too extreme.
I don't think there is any restriction on coming out of your house (within your compound wall though) or going to terrace.

My in-laws traveled last month, and they did ask this to the health department representatives who visited to check during the quarantine. They told that you can do whatever you want, within your compound wall. They don't care unless you step outside your main gate.

Also, police did visit a couple of times and asked them to come out to the sit-out area, so that they can take snaps as proof (that you are still in your home and not gone outside )
Repsol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 15:25   #12919
BHPian
 
createrkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 249
Thanked: 367 Times
Default Re: All Roads to Kerala

I want to travel to Wayanad from Bangalore with my family. What are the necessary requirements? We shall be staying at a resort. What documents are they checking at the border?
createrkid is online now  
Old 21st October 2020, 15:47   #12920
BHPian
 
madhavgpai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Kochi/Bangalore
Posts: 69
Thanked: 102 Times
Default Re: All Roads to Kerala

Recent posts on this thread makes my planning a lot easier.

Finally, I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Kochi in the next 10 days.

I will have elderly people in my car and they require comfort breaks every couple of hours.

Even though we plan to pack as much food as practically possible, we would have to stop somewhere where they could use restrooms.

Could anyone please suggest considering everything about the safety and hygiene measures taken up at places we could stop (or should better avoid)?

I remember that we used to start at 3:30 am - 4:00 am and reach Salem for breakfast. Will prefer to start at the same time.
madhavgpai is offline  
Old 21st October 2020, 17:08   #12921
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 19,517
Thanked: 12,877 Times
Default e pass needed for short visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
I want to travel to Wayanad from Bangalore with my family. What are the necessary requirements? We shall be staying at a resort. What documents are they checking at the border?
The same question I had, earlier there was a short visit pass that can be applied which will get an instant SMS confirmation. I have been trying to apply the same since yesterday and everything goes through, except the darn confirmation SMS does not come. Tried checking application status, which is also not being listed. The link shared below.

https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/shortVisit

So any updates on the current status? Have they stopped the pass system or something?
Jaggu is offline  
Old 21st October 2020, 17:23   #12922
BHPian
 
bejoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 802
Thanked: 822 Times
Default Re: e pass needed for short visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/shortVisit

So any updates on the current status? Have they stopped the pass system or something?
It worked for me. I did today morning and got instant SMS with the link for the pass.
bejoy is offline  
Old 21st October 2020, 17:49   #12923
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 19,517
Thanked: 12,877 Times
Default Re: e pass needed for short visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
It worked for me. I did today morning and got instant SMS with the link for the pass.
Could you please tell me which district you did this for? Trying to figure if Wayanad has an issue.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 17:57   #12924
BHPian
 
bejoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 802
Thanked: 822 Times
Default Re: e pass needed for short visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Could you please tell me which district you did this for? Trying to figure if Wayanad has an issue.
I did for Ernakulam. While submitting, did you get the confirmation that the pass will be sent by SMS?
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 18:18   #12925
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 19,517
Thanked: 12,877 Times
Default Re: e pass needed for short visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I did for Ernakulam. While submitting, did you get the confirmation that the pass will be sent by SMS?
Yes after that nothing happens, but now I tried again and it went through and I got the SMS phew! There are 3 more guys who are riding with me, have told them also to keep trying.

Edit: I had used MS Edge browser instead of Safari, and my BSNL number for the last SMS bit to work. So am not sure if airtel was blocking the SMS with the link or was it a browser issue.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st October 2020 at 19:36.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 21:39   #12926
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 285
Thanked: 401 Times
Default Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of cochin View Post
When I offered to show him the printed guidelines and details on the pass the cop let me go without much fuss.
Do you have the link where the guidelines for short visit are mentioned? On the pass there are no such guidelines
Sandy28 is offline  
Old 21st October 2020, 23:44   #12927
BHPian
 
venkyhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: hump city
Posts: 825
Thanked: 2,443 Times
Default Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_king View Post
I can cancel the existing returnee pass and be a tourist in my own place if that is how Kerala wants it (the tourist quarantine exemption does not really make any sense to me!)
Making sense has been left behind long ago.

When the centre has declared that there is no point in "border scanning or individual tracking" and asked all states to open their borders, here we have one state, still clinging to the belief that corona is mainly "coming in through borders" , whilst people who are travelling unrestricted within the state have no contribution to the daily increasing caseload.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 07:08   #12928
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,155
Thanked: 21,146 Times
Default Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Making sense has been left behind long ago.

When the centre has declared that there is no point in "border scanning or individual tracking" and asked all states to open their borders, here we have one state, still clinging to the belief that corona is mainly "coming in through borders" , whilst people who are travelling unrestricted within the state have no contribution to the daily increasing caseload.
However draconian that Kerala has been, the numbers have been increasing but they still persist with a lot of testing and do regular follow up of cases. My wife was in quarantine and they followed up diligently daily. Also health care for the common man has been pretty good. You are assured of proper care, unlike in Bangalore
ajmat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 00:37   #12929
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: All Roads to Kerala

When applying for Tamil Nadu pass to go via Salem, Coimbatore to Kottayam, do we need to mention the reason that is given for the Kerala Pass?
jaisonjose is offline  
Old 23rd October 2020, 06:51   #12930
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 6,315
Thanked: 15,514 Times
Default Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisonjose View Post
When applying for Tamil Nadu pass to go via Salem, Coimbatore to Kottayam, do we need to mention the reason that is given for the Kerala Pass?
You do have to mention a reason when you apply for a TN e-pass. There's also the Others option.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks