Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2020, 12:40   #13006
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
A toll plaza in Kerala has been shut after 20 members of staff tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday. The Paliyekkara toll plaza in Thrissur district was closed down following the positive tests, and the health department has asked all other staff to go into quarantine.
Passed through this toll booth on Monday late evening. Had Fastag, so did not have to transact at the toll booth. Thank god for FASTAG!
Old 24th November 2020, 20:06   #13007
BHPian

Update from my travel to Bangalore from Kerala on 21st Nov.

Drove from Cochin to Bangalore early morning, there was no checking anywhere. Traffic was thin all the way till Attibele toll booth in Bangalore. From then on it was almost normal Bangalore traffic.

Fastag worked like a charm at all the toll booths so no complaints.

Road conditions are really bad at Kuthiraan as others have described. In TN the roads are great. Bangalore roads, the less said the better.
Old 24th November 2020, 21:05   #13008
BHPian

Drove to Trivandrum from Bangalore via Madurai on Sunday,22nd Nov. Started at 415am and reached Tvm at 4pm. Fastag worked fine on all the tolls.

We carried our food , but had to stop at a few fuel stations on the way for restroom breaks. At injivila check post I was stopped and I had to step down and provide details like destination,no of co-passengers and phone number .Also the police man asked if I had a pass ,but he didn't even look at it. It's been 2 days and I haven't got any calls yet.
kap04 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 13:10   #13009
BHPian

What is the procedure for visiting Bangalore for a day from Kerala? What all passes do I need to have?
Old 29th November 2020, 18:56   #13010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nair View Post
What is the procedure for visiting Bangalore for a day from Kerala? What all passes do I need to have?
No pass needed from KA.

There is no well defined procedure for re-entry to KL. Each check posts have their own system. For the sake of it, you may do a registration in Covid Jagratha portal.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 13:55   #13011

Update about by recent travel:
I travelled to Kottayam from Bangalore via Salem, Coimbatore on Nov 23rd ( Monday) and returned on Nov 28th (Saturday).. Had taken both TN and KL passes but there was no checking anywhere while going and return, Started at around 7AM in the morning from Bangalore and reached Kottayam by around 6:15PM. Return we started at 8:15AM and reached Bangalore by around 8PM. Had packed the food for a safer side, but I see lot of crowd in hotels on the way both in TN and KL. There was no calls or any enquiry from local health department or local body. Looks like the interstate travels are more lenient now. On 24th or 25th Malayala Manorama news paper it was mentioned that Kerala Government is planning to waive off quarantine needs for all Interstate travels, irrespective of the duration of stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nair View Post
Kerala - Bangalore : You need to take Tamil Nadu transit pass. No pass required to enter Karnataka.

For your return : Tamil Nadu transit pass and Kerala Pass.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd December 2020 at 19:52. Reason: Back to back posts merged
jaisonjose is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 14:15   #13012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisonjose View Post
Kerala - Bangalore : You need to take Tamil Nadu transit pass. No pass required to enter Karnataka.
I drove from alapuzha to bangalore on 22 Nov. I had forgotten to take the TN e pass and tried to apply for it once I reached palakkad, but the portal was constantly throwing up some error. In the end, I decided to proceed basis inputs that there are no more checks and indeed there wasn't any as I crossed the border without any hassle.

But it's better to have a pass, one never know when they would start to have stricter checks again.
Old 1st December 2020, 14:21   #13013
BHPian

Hi All,

I'm planning to drive down to Karunagapally from Chennai during Christmas weekend and stay there for a week.

I will be applying for the short visit pass sometime next week.

I will be driving on my usual route via Tenkasi, Aryankavu, Baranikavu to Karunagapally.

Can you please let me as to where the pass would be checked?

I'm little worried about the crowd at the interstate border.
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:04   #13014
BHPian

As per the new covid guidelines by central govt

no passes required,

"The home ministry guidelines said that there shall be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement of persons and goods, including those for cross land-border trade under treaties with neighbouring countries. No separate permission/approval/e-permit will be required for such movements"

As per the new guidelines from TN govt registration not required for those entering from karnataka, puducheri and AP

No clarity from Kerala govt as they are busy with elections and left to our imagination so better to register in covid jagrata Portal
svkndv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 18:37   #13015
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by svkndv View Post
As per the new covid guidelines by central govt

no passes required,
"guidelines" being the operative word here.
The hallmark of our country is that "rules and regulations" are intentionally composed in vague language, because only then can power be exercised over citizens. With power comes a lot of personal benefits. Think about the above sentence for a second and test it against _any_ govt regulation about _anything_ in our country, it will become crystal clear.
venkyhere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 10:14   #13016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi All,

I'm planning to drive down to Karunagapally from Chennai during Christmas weekend and stay there for a week.

I will be applying for the short visit pass sometime next week.

I will be driving on my usual route via Tenkasi, Aryankavu, Baranikavu to Karunagapally.

Can you please let me as to where the pass would be checked?

I'm little worried about the crowd at the interstate border.
Hi All,

Can someone clarify my query?

I’m hearing that there’s perineal crowd at Aryankavu checkpost. Is that true?

But, driving via Ilanjivila to Karunagapally is like adding another 130 kms which Im prepared to drive provided checking at the border is not extensive.
Old 3rd December 2020, 11:13   #13017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Can someone clarify my query?

I’m hearing that there’s perineal crowd at Aryankavu checkpost. Is that true?

But, driving via Ilanjivila to Karunagapally is like adding another 130 kms which Im prepared to drive provided checking at the border is not extensive.
You might want to check in the Bangalore-Trivandrum thread also.

But if you are OK with entering Kerala from Nagercoil side a far better option could be to enter via Walayar. These small entry points nestled in the ghats could get overwhelmed, especially during Christmas time.
Old 3rd December 2020, 15:20   #13018
BHPian

My friend is planning to drive to Ranny next week from Bangalore, Via Theni Kumily route. Any updates about the road condition and border checkings could be helpful
motor_breathing is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 05:41   #13019
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I drove from Bangalore to Wayanad. Though I had taken the travel pass via jagratha portal there wasn't any checks whatsoever while entering Kerala unlike last time(3 weeks ago). https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4928234 (All Roads to Kerala). The Border Covid Fecilitation Centre seemed to have stopped functioning. Guess the district administration and police force are busy with election preps.

There was the routine flagging down at Muthanga excise checkpost and random check of the vehicle besides asking their usual questions on origination of journey and the destination.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 4th December 2020 at 06:00.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 10:52   #13020
BHPian

Planning to travel Perumbavoor this Sunday via Salem-Coimbatore-Palakkad-Trissur. How is the road condition?

Any surprise at Kuthiran ?

Most Viewed