Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2020, 14:00   #12991
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
Could anyone please explain about the procedures to obtain the short visit pass (for 8 days) from the Jagartha website.
You just have to register under short visit portal in Covid Jagratha site. Choose a reason and upload a relevant document. If the reason is not mentioned, choose something and type the matter in a word document and upload it is proof. You will get a registration number immediately. You can stay in KL upto 7 days without quarantine.
Old 13th November 2020, 14:33   #12992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
You can stay in KL upto 7 days without quarantine.
Thanks for the response balenoed.
Applied through the COVID Jagartha website and received the download link for the pass through SMS instantly! The process was simple than what I had expected for!

However, is short visit stay permit valid for 7 or 8 days?
The site mentions it as 8 days! A clarity on this part would be more helpful.
Old 13th November 2020, 18:44   #12993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by george.joe View Post
Any latest updates on Blr- Salem- Theni-Kumily-Changanacherry route? Should I opt this route or the regular Blr- Salem- Theni-Kumily-Changanacherry ? Would like to get inputs on both the following:
1. Road condition
2. Covid checkposts(crowded or not? diligent or not etc)
Did BLR- Salem- Theni-Kumily-Changanacherry (Till Karukachal) last Saturday.

Roads are good. Only areas which have issues are:
1. The climb from Lower Camp to Kumily is undergoing pipe maintenance work. 2. The roads from Kumily up to Pervunthanam are patchy

On the Covid Check Post - I had to spend around 30 minutes there owing to huge lines.
aajohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 00:20   #12994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
However, is short visit stay permit valid for 7 or 8 days?
The site mentions it as 8 days! A clarity on this part would be more helpful.
Found this somewhere:

Quote:
You are expected to leave the state on the 8th day. As per the order, one can stay in the state without mandatory quarantine for 7 days.
This is however not strictly followed. No clue how this is being tracked. But in the interest of sincerely following rule, we may as well adhere to the rules.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 11:54   #12995
BHPian

Covid screening center at Kaliyikkavila closed down. Police checkpost may continue:

https://www.manoramaonline.com/distr...ng-center.html
Old 14th November 2020, 13:30   #12996
BHPian

Travelled to Ernakulam from Bangalore yesterday through Walayar. Did not apply for TN or Kerala permit. No checking at Walayar. Drove through the trip without checking / stopping at any place

Passed Walayar at 11 AM

Last edited by dish : 14th November 2020 at 13:31.
dish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 16:04   #12997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dish View Post
Did not apply for TN or Kerala permit. No checking at Walayar.
It's been at least a few weeks since the checking stopped at Walayar. This doesn't mean that you don't need to take a pass/permit to Kerala. You still need to take one but since no one is manning the border right now, many are not taking the passes at the moment. I think the govt would stop it altogether very soon.
Old 15th November 2020, 12:21   #12998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Anyone know the current condition of Bhavani-Mettur-Thoppur road?
Traveled again to Kochi yesterday and I took this road (after more than 10+ years) and found to be decent most of the stretch. The initial few kms till Mecheri were having pot holes some very deep. One needs to be careful in the night. Excellent roads afterwards, with occasional speed breakers. Due to the festival mood there were lot of two wheelers, but no other traffic. The drive was pleasant with lush greenery all around. Covered 74 kms in around 1.5 hrs, skipped 2 tolls and 3 flyover constructions and saves 20kms.

As usual no covid checkposts operating at Walayar.

Paliyekkara Toll is closed due to being a covid cluster, was in the news. Stupidly I drove through the fastag lane, promptly the amount got deducted.
Old 17th November 2020, 07:37   #12999

Thanks for this information. Took the usual route via coimbatore.
Roads are as usual, except the 3-4 diversions after Salem for construction work and the usual diversions near Kuthiran. The ones after Salem are decent and drivable though it slows you down for about 200 mtrs or so. The ones near Kuthiran have some big potholes, better to be very slow especially if you do not have any vehicles in the front to guide you. Some of them are so deep that you are likely to scrape you bottom. Thrissur toll plaza was working as usual. ETC worked seamless including the one in Coimbatore.

No COVID checking at Walayar. There is no trace of a facility itself. Voluntarily disclosed my status with Asha worker. Had 2 options of taking 7 day quarantine and testing or take 14 days quarantine. Opted for the second, though there is no certificate by the end of 14 days it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Did BLR- Salem- Theni-Kumily-Changanacherry (Till Karukachal) last Saturday.

Roads are good. Only areas which have issues are:
1. The climb from Lower Camp to Kumily is undergoing pipe maintenance work. 2. The roads from Kumily up to Pervunthanam are patchy

On the Covid Check Post - I had to spend around 30 minutes there owing to huge lines.
george.joe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 17:43   #13000
BHPian

Drove from Chennai to Thrissur on 15th. There was occasional rains till Salem and was a dry weather after that!

No COVID checking at Walayar. There were boards and a make-shift type camp indicating their old presence but aren't functional now. FASTag worked flawlessly on all tolls.

As advised by BHPian george.joe in the earlier post, be EXTREMELY cautious while crossing the sections near Kuthiran. The roads are in awful state and can badly scrape the vehicle if not taken slowly. Just be slow and you can pass through without any issues.
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 13:20   #13001
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove from Bangalore to Tirur via Salem Palakkad on 15th. As mentioned already above, no checking anywhere. Once I reached voluntarily called up a local health contact and informed. No follow ups so far. Also, he said if you need to test after day 7, need to do it in private lab. Have contacted an authorized lab for that.

Since it was a Sunday and day after Diwali, traffic was pretty light all through. Road conditions were good through out. Route taken was Salem-Palakkad-Ottapalam-Pattambi-Trithala-Kuttipuram-Tirur.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 18:27   #13002
BHPian

Is there any compulsory quarantine for travelling outside the state and returning within 8 days? I could only find information regarding short visits to the state in the covid19jagratha portal. I plan to travel to Kodaikanal next month end, any suggestion regarding which route to take?
Old 19th November 2020, 07:01   #13003
Senior - BHPian

A toll plaza in Kerala has been shut after 20 members of staff tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday. The Paliyekkara toll plaza in Thrissur district was closed down following the positive tests, and the health department has asked all other staff to go into quarantine.

https://www.theweek.in/news/india/20...-positive.html
Old 19th November 2020, 11:28   #13004
BHPian

Drove from Bangalore to Thrissur via Muthanga on Sun, 15th. We had registered on the jagratha portal. There were cops stopping and checking vehicles at the Muthanga checkpost. They did not ask for any pass, but enquired if we had registered and where we were headed. Upon hearing Thrissur, asked us to move on. There were 6-7 cars queued up on the side when they let us go. Later I learned that they are doing a rapid test if your destination is Wayanad. They dont care if it's any other district.

For the first time ever, we were also stopped at the excise check post. They asked few questions around what we have in the car, destination, etc and let us move on. The car ahead of us was stopped and they were opening and checking all bags in the boot.
PADAS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 12:16   #13005
Senior - BHPian

Planning to travel to Wayanad from Goa, will I need an E-pass?

Also, which is the best route for the same? I am okay distance being longer as long as the roads are amazing.

Most Viewed