Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2020, 18:03   #12976
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post

After reaching home, we informed our local health rep, and they came to paste a sticker outside our home informing about quarantine. They informed that either we can go for a 7 day quarantine and then Covid test in 8th day, but we opted not to go for test. So, they said we need to be quarantined for 28 days. Not sure where this 28 days came, when asked, they said, this is because our ward is containment zone.
Good to hear there were no unwanted checks enroute.

Gosh, where did 28 days come up from? I live near Mavelikkara, they never pasted quarantine stickers outside our home. It was 7 days then test or 14 days without test till recently, not sure if rule is different for a containment zone.

Which part of Alleppey are you located in?

Spike
Old 5th November 2020, 18:30   #12977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Which part of Alleppey are you located in?

Spike
I am in Thakazhy.

I didn’t take there 28 days crap, as I have never heard of it. The max I have heard in Kerala is 14 days without test.

What they mentioned was, it’s up to the local health officer to decide what norms need to be implemented. But when I questioned them to show any such orders, they couldn’t, and then they said you may go out in your private vehicle after 14 days, and ensure not to go to any public gatherings.
Old 6th November 2020, 09:38   #12978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
I
I didn’t take there 28 days crap, as I have never heard of it. The max I have heard in Kerala is 14 days without test.
What is the logic in compulsory quarantine for those coming from outside KL? KL reports more cases than most neighbouring states now. So isn't riskier to travel within KL than outside?
JohnnyBoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 13:03   #12979
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
What is the logic in compulsory quarantine for those coming from outside KL? KL reports more cases than most neighbouring states now. So isn't riskier to travel within KL than outside?
I guess this is the question everyone is trying to answer. There is no restriction in within state travel, short term visit up to 7 days can be done without quarantine, and I think the positivity data clearly shows that the % of numbers from people outside the state is miniscule now.

Border checking also seems to be inconsistent, so I assume there are lot of people coming in and not reaching out to health officials. Not sure why the restrictions are still there on quarantine.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 22:26   #12980
BHPian

So, I travelled last Thursday by road to Kochi.

Had registered on the portals and kept printed copies handy. But there were absolutely no checks. After reaching it's now been 3 days, nobody called me even on the phone. So I don't know what the official quarantine requirements are.

Nevertheless we are a family who travelled and are staying in for as long as we can. 14 days shouldn't be a problem. Working from home. No other plans.
madhavgpai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 15:45   #12981
BHPian

Planning to drive from Bengluru to Thrissur on the Diwali weekend with the spouse. Three day trip starting on 14th & returning on 16th. Have taken the transit pass from TN for 14th & 16th with entry/exit points as Zuzuvadi & Walayar. Have also obtained ntry pass from jagratha portal of Kerala.

While it is exhilarating to learn that there are no checks being conducted at the borders, should I be registering & carrying any more documents? Is a Covid -ve certificate mandatory?
Old 9th November 2020, 15:49   #12982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhavgpai View Post
So, I travelled last Thursday by road to Kochi.

Nevertheless we are a family who travelled and are staying in for as long as we can. 14 days shouldn't be a problem. Working from home. No other plans.
I was planning a trip to Bangalore and was inquiring about the procedures and came to know that there are no checks at borders now. Not sure why and whether it will resume again.
Old 9th November 2020, 19:10   #12983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinWheels View Post
I was planning a trip to Bangalore and was inquiring about the procedures and came to know that there are no checks at borders now. Not sure why and whether it will resume again.
You don't have to worry about Bangalore, there are no checks or restrictions or quarantine requirements for coming in-either for short or long visit. Don't expect it to change the near future.
Old 9th November 2020, 22:13   #12984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhavgpai View Post
But there were absolutely no checks. After reaching it's now been 3 days, nobody called me even on the phone. So I don't know what the official quarantine requirements are.
If there wasn't any checking at the border, then do not expect any calls. Only if there was a check at the border would the health or police dept would know that you have arrived. There is no way otherwise they know you have arrived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pariwar View Post
While it is exhilarating to learn that there are no checks being conducted at the borders, should I be registering & carrying any more documents? Is a Covid -ve certificate mandatory?
Not really necessary. Even if they resume screening at check post, you can get the registration done then and there itself at the check post. No need of Covid -ve certificate. I have crossed through one of the check post 2 days back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinWheels View Post
Not sure why and whether it will resume again.
Absolutely no checks. I do not think there is a reason to resume it again.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 14:51   #12985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
You don't have to worry about Bangalore, there are no checks or restrictions or quarantine requirements for coming in-either for short or long visit. Don't expect it to change the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Absolutely no checks. I do not think there is a reason to resume it again.
Thanks, folks. I am going in couple of weeks to Bangalore. Even though it's a work trip, I am excited to go somewhere after so long.
Old 11th November 2020, 09:41   #12986
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to drive from Bengluru to Thrissur on the Diwali weekend with the spouse. Three day trip starting on 14th & returning on 16th. Have taken the transit pass from TN for 14th & 16th with entry/exit points as Zuzuvadi & Walayar. Have also obtained ntry pass from jagratha portal of Kerala.

A couple of weeks ago, we had travelled to Thrissur, stayed there for 6 days and returned to Bangalore. We had the Short Visit permit (no quarantine!) from Jagratha, transit passes through TN, there was no checking anywhere, local authorities did not bother and we returned to Bangalore as planned.

As for what happens in Kerala, there seems to be big disconnects in communications across the state. So each locality has different procedures, some overenthusiastic and others quite lax. A friend of mine had travelled to a different locality in Thrissur on the same week (he too had the permits and had no checking at Walayar entry) and he was regularly called by the police and health authorities during his 14 day quarantine period. As for the COVID-19 negative certificate, I know more than a dozen folks who went to Kerala in the last month and none of them was asked for such a certificate on entry.
sun_king is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 13:23   #12987
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday(10.11.20) I drove from Bangalore to Wayanad. Had applied for travel pass in covid jagratha portal. Same gets approved immediately and an sms is received with the link to download the pass.

No checks/questions while exiting Karnataka at their border check post Moolehole(before entering Kerala). I was stopped by Police after Muthanga checkpost(at a place called 67) at the Border Covid Fecilitation Centre. There wasn't much crowd. I was asked to do only a temperature check at a dedicated counter after which they issued a manual pass(in pink colour below) which carries the same registration number as in the travel pass. For travellers coming in without updating jagratha portal, there was another queue where details are collected and travel pass is issued. They insist temperature checks basis the location one is coming from. I enquired with the health officials if I can travel to other districts within Kerala to which they replied yes. I plan to travel to Alapuzha in couple of days. The jagratha portal pass is valid for 8 days before which I plan to return to Bangalore. Not sure how they would verify if one is exiting Kerala within the stipulated timeframe as no checks are done for exit. Few pictures
Attached Thumbnails
All Roads to Kerala-20201110_153401.jpg  

All Roads to Kerala-20201110_155224.jpg  

All Roads to Kerala-screenshot_20201111085354_whatsapp.jpg  

All Roads to Kerala-20201110_154523.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 11th November 2020 at 13:49.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 21:51   #12988
BHPian

Planning to travel from Chennai to Thrissur on sunday (15-11-20). Could anyone please explain about the procedures to obtain the short visit pass (for 8 days) from the Jagartha website.

Also, when returning back, is their any pass or permit required for Tamil Nadu?

Thanks in advance!
Old 13th November 2020, 10:32   #12989
BHPian

Quote:
Is a Covid -ve certificate mandatory?
I wouldn't worry about it. Stay safe.
Old 13th November 2020, 13:29   #12990

Any latest updates on Blr- Salem- Theni-Kumily-Changanacherry route? Should I opt this route or the regular Blr- Salem- Theni-Kumily-Changanacherry ? Would like to get inputs on both the following:
1. Road condition
2. Covid checkposts(crowded or not? diligent or not etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
Planning to travel from Chennai to Thrissur on sunday (15-11-20). Could anyone please explain about the procedures to obtain the short visit pass (for 8 days) from the Jagartha website.

Also, when returning back, is their any pass or permit required for Tamil Nadu?

Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks