Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2021, 15:28   #13726
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinbindra View Post
Was planning to travel to Kalpetta in Wayanad.
Please suggest the best possible route.
For Kalpetta, as balenoed suggested, best route is Mysore-Gundlupete-Muthanga- Kalpetta.
Road widening is in full swing on the Bangalore to Mysore road, so expect plenty of diversions. Alternative route is via Kanakapura-Malavalli-Bannur-Mysore or Nelamangala-Kunigal-Belur cross-Nagamangala-Pandavapura-Srirangaptna-Mysore.
Former has bad roads up to Kanakapura. The latter has excellent roads almost all the way.

Also note, the road through the forest between Maddur check post (near Gundlupete) and Muthanga is closed for traffic between 9PM and 6 AM.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 08:07   #13727
BHPian

Walayar : Update as on yesterday evening 2nd Dec 2021. The barriers which were used to block the traffic towards Kerala side are now fully removed. So no more slowing down while entering Kerala. The barriers towards the Tamilnadu side still cover half the road but then has been unmanned for a long time now.
rohitoasis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 08:20   #13728
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Walayar : Update as on yesterday evening 2nd Dec 2021. The barriers which were used to block the traffic towards Kerala side are now fully removed. So no more slowing down while entering Kerala. The barriers towards the Tamilnadu side still cover half the road but then has been unmanned for a long time now.
Good. Kindly keep the thread posted as we now have the new variant and holiday season coming up.
Old 5th December 2021, 11:32   #13729
BHPian

hi folks,

can someone share me the route for hosur -bagalur-chikkatirupathi- malur- whitefield while coming into bangalore? I would like to try this route during my next return trip to kochi.
I usually take the Attibelle - sarjapur- varthur -whitefield but that route is in pathetic state now.
I found the below route in Gmaps.
Attached Thumbnails
All Roads to Kerala-hosur_bagalur_chikkatirupathi.jpg  

Last edited by AshiqueS : 5th December 2021 at 11:51.
Old 5th December 2021, 14:07   #13730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
For Kalpetta, as balenoed suggested, best route is Mysore-Gundlupete-Muthanga- Kalpetta.
Road widening is in full swing on the Bangalore to Mysore road, so expect plenty of diversions. Alternative route is via Kanakapura-Malavalli-Bannur-Mysore or Nelamangala-Kunigal-Belur cross-Nagamangala-Pandavapura-Srirangaptna-Mysore.
Former has bad roads up to Kanakapura. The latter has excellent roads almost all the way.

Also note, the road through the forest between Maddur check post (near Gundlupete) and Muthanga is closed for traffic between 9PM and 6 AM.
How bad is the road till Kanakpura? I will be driving to Kerala during the Christmas holidays and plan to go via Bandipur-Mudumulai-Nilambur as its been a long time I havent done this route. Tired and bored of the Salem-Coimbatore route. But not sure of the road condition on this route post the heavy rains of this year. Any route updates pl?
Old 5th December 2021, 16:42   #13731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
How bad is the road till Kanakpura?
Pretty bad. Especially if you are on a low slung car, then expect an unpleasant drive. For that matter, the regular Mysore road is much better even though there are construction and diversions.
Old 6th December 2021, 10:53   #13732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
I don't think the date matters. Get the pass with today's date and proceed.

Not sure if this happens at the month ends, but I faced the same on Oct 31st for my planned trip on Nov 1st morning. I applied the pass with date as Oct 31st, and next morning till 7 AM, the date for 1st was not listed.
That trip was to Parambikulam and we went through Chemmanampathy check post (scarcely travelled route). On that day, we were duly stopped, checked for epass and vaccination certificates.
I am planning to drive down to Kerala from Bangalore via Salem - Coimbatore. Do we still need to take Tamilnadu epass?
I tried to take it from https://eregister.tnega.org (Inter-State travel registration for Individuals) option.

It's asking me to upload travel reason document. Normally for an annual vacation what document we can upload or I am looking at some different options?
Old 6th December 2021, 13:12   #13733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Pretty bad. Especially if you are on a low slung car, then expect an unpleasant drive. For that matter, the regular Mysore road is much better even though there are construction and diversions.
Thanks Balenoed. Any idea of the road conditions beyond Mysore? Gundlupet-Bandipur-Nilambur-Perintalmanna sections? I am travelling with family and while we want to enjoy some scenic route, dont want to get stuck or slowed down due to bad road.
Old 6th December 2021, 13:22   #13734
BHPian

I had uploaded Aadhaar PDF when I had done it last time; nobody bothered to check it in the border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
I am planning to drive down to Kerala from Bangalore via Salem - Coimbatore. Do we still need to take Tamilnadu epass?
I tried to take it from https://eregister.tnega.org (Inter-State travel registration for Individuals) option.

It's asking me to upload travel reason document. Normally for an annual vacation what document we can upload or I am looking at some different options?
ccnarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 18:28   #13735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
You can upload your ID proof as ccnarayanan mentioned. The reason for travel is not relevant any more, just need to upload something for the 'workflow' to proceed.
MSAneesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 18:37   #13736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
You can upload your ID proof as ccnarayanan mentioned. The reason for travel is not relevant any more, just need to upload something for the 'workflow' to proceed.
Thanks All.
As ccnarayanan mentioned, just uploaded my license to complete the workflow and generated epass.
Old 7th December 2021, 08:27   #13737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Good. Kindly keep the thread posted as we now have the new variant and holiday season coming up.
Will do sir. As of now status quo remains. Both side of borders remain unmanned.

On the quality of roads, L&T Bypass relayering work is onto the last third segment between Madukarai and Pollachi road (I do not traverse the rest of the stretch but i have been made to understand there is no road work in the balance of the stretch till Neelambur). Hopefully will get completed before the holidays. I will give an update few days ahead of Christmas or in case of any change in status quo whichever comes earlier.

Last edited by rohitoasis : 7th December 2021 at 08:50.
rohitoasis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 09:11   #13738
BHPian

Hi, planning to travel Bangalore-Kochi and back on the usual NH route via Salem-Coimbatore.

Requesting for latest information on:

1. Are there any RT-PCR checks being mandated at any points of entry into TN, KL, and also TN,KA when returning? Or is double vaccination proof good enough?
2. Is e-pass required (and checked) for the transit in TN?

Thanks!
Old 7th December 2021, 16:17   #13739

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
1. Are there any RT-PCR checks being mandated at any points of entry into TN, KL, and also TN,KA when returning? Or is double vaccination proof good enough?
I crossed the border from KA to TN at 05:30 AM on 6th December. We were stopped by the TN police for normal checking, but nothing to do with Covid 19. The policeman had a torch flashed into our faces and then waived us on.
Since we were travelling from Mumbai, (and KA has mandated travellers from MH to carry RT-PCR test negative reports) we were carrying the RT-PCR negative reports as well. However, KA to TN & TN to KL needs either the final(both doses) vax certificate OR the RTPCR negative certificate.
By the way, we were stopped at the MH-KA border, but neither our final vax certificate or our RTPCR negative reports were checked.

The TN to KL border was crossed at about 1PM. Again, no checks anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
2. Is e-pass required (and checked) for the transit in TN?
I had carried both the TN & KL e-passes. No checks anywhere.
Hope this helps.
Yatra Moksha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 20:58   #13740
BHPian

I'm planning to visit Calicut the coming weekend. Will be driving from Bangalore. Me and my wife are double vaccinated, however kids are with us as well. Can anyone please help clarify whether the following are required for the travel?
  • e pass for KL for the onward and KA for the return journey?
  • RTPCR test for the kids - both ways?

Most Viewed