Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2020, 12:02   #12766
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
The irony is that there is no checking at Walayar for the epass ...
Yes. I have been informed similarly by a couple of others who travelled in the same route. Waiting for approval, but planning to travel. Irony is that my TN e-pass for return journey is already approved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dish View Post
Also, looks like the duration of the stay is of no consequence
Two week quarantine (followed by two week isolation) was enforced for my relative who returned from Bangalore to Calicut by flight couple of weeks back. Corporation officials had even pasted the quarantine requirements in their house .....

Last edited by vrprabhu : 7th September 2020 at 12:02. Reason: Missed an important point
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 12:56   #12767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post

Two week quarantine (followed by two week isolation) was enforced for my relative who returned from Bangalore to Calicut by flight couple of weeks back. Corporation officials had even pasted the quarantine requirements in their house .....
From my own experience of driving into Kerala on 5 Sep night and information gathered from a couple of folks who flew into Kochi, I understand that this is not being enforced since 6 Sep. No traveler details are collected at the point of entry / airport and consequently no follow up to enforce quarantine rules. This is irrespective of the type of travel - short stay / long term / emergency
Old 7th September 2020, 12:58   #12768
pms
BHPian

Quote:

This is the problem, there is no standard procedure. Certain places they call and enforce strict HQ, other places no follow ups at all. Couple of my friends who traveled from BLR were pushed to take a Covid Test after completion of 14 days HQ even when they didnt report any issues. I guess by doing this state govt is inadvertently trying to restrict interstate travel.
Old 7th September 2020, 13:03   #12769
BHPian

Quote:
What is the difference between quarantine and isolation?

In which district was this? I am asking because few people earlier said that all districts/ panchayats seems to be following different rules (maybe as per availability of health resources)?
Old 7th September 2020, 13:48   #12770
Senior - BHPian

Calicut.

Quarantine was the visitor being confined to a separate room with no contact with any one.

Isolation was after completion of quarantine, with interaction restricted to the people staying in the house i.e. no outside contacts
Old 7th September 2020, 14:03   #12771
BHPian

Quote:
Calicut.

Quarantine was the visitor being confined to a separate room with no contact with any one.

Isolation was after completion of quarantine, with interaction restricted to the people staying in the house i.e. no outside contacts
So while in isolation, they still were/ are confined to their homes and cannot go out?
Old 7th September 2020, 15:10   #12772
Senior - BHPian

Yes, you are supposed to stay within your compound. No idea how this works for flats / apartment complex ....
Old 7th September 2020, 16:01   #12773
BHPian

Quote:
Any updates on the e-pass requirements for inter state travel to Kerala?

I have planned to travel from TN to Kerala and applied for e-pass - thrice (twice under short visit category and once under regular visit category). All are pending.

Help desk says that if we give proof, e-pass will be issued. I have uploaded my Aadhar card (with Kerala address) and PAN.

Some of the people travelling to & from from Karnataka to Kerala from Mangalore report that no e-pass verification is being undertaken now.

I have to cross at Walayar. Planning to travel tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any inputs.
Any reason you did not try the domestic returnees option?
In both the regular visit and short term visit, under reason I see only Employment and trade. Where as in the domestic returnees I see options like Annual Vacation and Join with Family.
Garth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 16:30   #12774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
In both the regular visit and short term visit, under reason I see only Employment and trade. Where as in the domestic returnees I see options like Annual Vacation and Join with Family.
I think domestic returnees are meant to be for Kerala residents(It talks about NORKA registration). He should have tried that.

I am planning to visit(From Bangalore) my in law's house(They are in defence and posted in Thiruvananthapuram) in Sep end. All of us are non-kerala residents.

The "Short visit" visit page has 2 options:

1. Short visit
2. Regular visit

Once landing on the page and none of these options are selected, the "Purpose of visit" section shows all options including "Family visit/pilgrimage/tourism" etc.

The moment I select "Short visit" in application type section, the purpose of visit section strangely removes family visit option alongwith few other options and only remaining options are like "Agriculture/medical/marriage/death/property management/education" etc.. - NO family visit option.

The "Regular visit" option too has only 2 purpose of visit "Employment/trade".

I am really confused what to do here. If someone can please guide me what to do? I plan to cross border after Nagercoil.

Few people suggested me to falsely enter "Property managment/agriculture" and travel. But I am really skeptical about this as I do not want to do a return journey of 650Kms from border after a rejected entry.

Please guide and prior thanks!
Old 7th September 2020, 16:53   #12775
BHPian

My situation is similar to yours. I want so stay with family for a couple of months before schools and offices reopen.

Short visit means I have to travel back within 8 days. While in the regular visit option both options are not applicable.

I dont know how long you intend to stay, but if its more than 8 days, you can try the domestic returnees option. But as you said will need Norka registration.

Last edited by Garth : 7th September 2020 at 16:55. Reason: Corrected typo
Old 7th September 2020, 16:58   #12776
BHPian

Quote:
My situation is similar to yours. I want so stay with family for a couple of months before schools and offices reopen.

Short visit means I have to travel back within 8 days. While in the regular visit option both options are not applicable.

I dont know how long you intend to stay, but its more than 8 days, you can try the domestic returnees option. But as you said will need Norka registration.
Mine is a short visit for 8 days. But it is an absurd behavior of the form that it hides applicable options without any other available valid classification for those.

I have written an email to the website team, but there is little hope they'll reply(Govt agencies you know!).

Last option will be to try entry by filling any other reason and hope for the best.
amods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 17:05   #12777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tried. The time slot option is blank and save / submit does not go through because time slot is blank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amods View Post
I think domestic returnees are meant to be for Kerala residents(It talks about NORKA registration). He should have tried that.
As above. But, thinking that I am not actually a returnee, because I have to return to Tamilnadu after four or five days, tried the other options stated above .....

Quote:
Precisely.

Update -

Took cue from above and tried again. Application submitted and approved. Voila! Thank you, Garth (there could have been some issue with the browser, I guess, when I was trying earlier). Best part is not a single document required for NORKA registration!

Last edited by vrprabhu : 7th September 2020 at 17:16. Reason: Latest development updated
Old 7th September 2020, 17:37   #12778
BHPian

Just to clarify @vrprabhu, you applied for the pass under the Domestic Returnees option?
Did you also apply for the TN transit epass?

If yes, is there a specific time slot to enter TN?
Old 7th September 2020, 18:15   #12779
Senior - BHPian

1. Yes - Domestic returnees (NORKA)

2. Yes - Applied here https://tnepass.tnega.org/#/user/pass

3. No - there is no time slot (in fact, there are two days allotted - additional day i.e. next day, over and above the one requested by me permitted for return journey)
Old 7th September 2020, 19:43   #12780
BHPian

After completing your drive, please do update about the drive and experience through TN and at Walayar. Also about the quarantine and isolation rules in Kerala.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks