Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2020, 23:19   #12646
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Now no more waiting for an official "approval" to travel to Kerala. A big relief.
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 12:12   #12647
Senior - BHPian

I have two queries.

Do we still need a TN transit pass to travel from Bangalore to Kerala? I applied yesterday and is showing pending after 1 day. I do have another 2 days to travel and I hope it will be done by the.

Do we need to apply for a pass in Karnataka while going to Kerala? It is not a short term travel
Old 9th July 2020, 08:25   #12648
BHPian

Got our quarantine completion certificates over the weekend. You receive an sms with a link to download each individual’s certificate, sent to the number you provided on the covid19jagratha portal. Surprisingly, my wife’s quarantine completion date was one day after mine, must be an administrative mix-up. The certificate clearly mentions a further 14 day observation period during which you are advised to undertake only necessary travel.
philipmathen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 08:48   #12649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I have two queries.

Do we still need a TN transit pass to travel from Bangalore to Kerala? I applied yesterday and is showing pending after 1 day. I do have another 2 days to travel and I hope it will be done by the.

Do we need to apply for a pass in Karnataka while going to Kerala? It is not a short term travel

To come from Bangalore to Kerala, all you need is a valid KL pass for all the passengers in the car. There is a checking point before Hosur where they will sign and stamp your KL pass. That will be enough till Walayar where they will give you another pass after checking your temperature and noting entry into the state. The quarantine officers will call you the next day after you clear Walayar.

My TN pass was rejected on the morning of travel and I drove to KL with only a valid KL pass.
JayD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 13:10   #12650
BHPian

Does the Karnataka Sunday lockdown affect highway travel? Are people travelling interstate with a valid pass allowed to take the road on Sunday?

This question is even more relevant for folks travelling via Muthanga or Majeswaram from Bangalore as there is a long distance to be covered on KA roads.
Old 10th July 2020, 14:03   #12651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
Does the Karnataka Sunday lockdown affect highway travel?
Looks like it does affect travel plans:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4838370 (Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions)
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 17:01   #12652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Looks like it does affect travel plans:
Thank you! I somehow had missed the other thread.
Old 11th July 2020, 08:40   #12653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
To come from Bangalore to Kerala, all you need is a valid KL pass for all the passengers in the car.
Our TN pass also got approved and we travelled on Thursday. TN pass was inspected and stamped at Hosur, there were police checks at few places in TN where we had to show the pass. I am not sure if having the pass made it any easier.
Old 11th July 2020, 20:31   #12654
BHPian

Can someone advise me, my sister and brother in law (senior citizens) have booked a taxi and arranged all passes to come to Trichur from Bangalore on 14th/July (Tuesday), and it appears there is lock down from that day. Will this lock down effect their travel plans, viz. can they leave the state that day, as it will be difficult to get all passes changed to Monday.
Old 11th July 2020, 21:26   #12655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
as it will be difficult to get all passes changed to Monday.
Date of the pass doesn't matter. They are not particular about the date at check post. Just need to have that registration done. But expect long queues at check post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Trichur from Bangalore on 14th/July (Tuesday), and it appears there is lock down from that day.
And lock down starts from 8pm only, Tuesday.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th July 2020 at 23:03. Reason: Back to back posts merged
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 18:20   #12656
BHPian

Hi friends,

Hope you and your near and dear ones are keeping well in these tough times!!

Need some advice on how to manage the below travel from Bangalore to Kerala and return on the same day.

My wife is expecting and need to drop her to Palakkad (her hometown in Kerala) for the rest of her maternity period. Planning to drive down sometime early Sept (date not yet fixed). My parents will accompany us in the drive.

The plan is to drive until Walayar check-post and have someone from my wife's family pick her up from Walayar check-post to her home so that we can return back to Bangalore the same day and home quarantine ourselves in Bangalore (not sure if its mandated).

I suppose TN transit pass for 4 travelers and 1 KL entry pass for my wife should be sufficient. Will we need a KA entry pass if the return is within the same day?

Maybe rules may change by then, but if the current rule prevails, is the above assumption valid?

Thanks

Stay safe!!
Old 13th July 2020, 18:53   #12657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Hi friends,

Hope you and your near and dear ones are keeping well in these tough times!!

Need some advice on how to manage the below travel from Bangalore to Kerala and return on the same day.
Too early to think about the plan. More than a month and half to go, the rules will certainly change by then.

Note that if you have to take this up in the present condition, you are effectively travelling to TN and coming back, so you need a TN one day pass (not transit) for rest of them except your wife.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 13th July 2020 at 18:54.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 17:45   #12658
Distinguished - BHPian

Kind of a late update. With the current situation with frequent changes, not sure if this will be of much use.

However, a friend of mine did Bangalore - TVM on 2nd July. Started from Bangalore around 4.30AM and reached TVM around 06.30PM.

He did only two quick stops apart from those at check-posts enroute, to have packed food he was carrying.

He mentioned that there were around 15 check-posts in total, mostly in TN. There was no major delay at any check-posts and unlike in earlier reports, there was a barricade put up near the check-post personal. One has to go near the barricade and display the pass.

Only the TN check-post near KL border, he had to give all details of his.

He had taken TN transit pass, even-though there was a mention that it was not mandatory.
Old 18th July 2020, 01:30   #12659
BHPian

Anyone know about the 7day temporary pass for visiting kerala? I had applied for 20th Monday (going from Mangalore to Thrissur) but still pass showing "waiting for taking action". I had applied before 10days...
Old 18th July 2020, 12:20   #12660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuchel View Post
Anyone know about the 7day temporary pass for visiting kerala? I had applied for 20th Monday (going from Mangalore to Thrissur) but still pass showing "waiting for taking action". I had applied before 10days...
Re-check the details entered in your application, i faced a similar issue when i applied for the normal entry pass, i entered the wrong division/ward number. The request got routed to the wrong person, who, understandably, did not have the time to call and ask me. I called on the local helpline number when i saw the same status for a number of days, and they helped me out, the request was approved the same day. Also, the helpline numbers mentioned on the portal are invariably busy. Try to get someone based in your destination to contact the local health worker of your ward/division, who in turn will have multiple numbers for the district helpline/control room. It is also usually this health worker who usually logs in and approves your request if it falls in their jurisdiction.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks