Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2021, 21:39   #13396
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
I drove the same route yesterday. It's in pretty decent state with the odd pothole here and there. It's not in it's usual nightmarish condition as you fear.
Your input saved me a detour via Ottapalam. I reached Thrissur today evening. Kuthiran roads were in decent shape and with minimal traffic.
Thanks a lot.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 22:01   #13397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
I reached Thrissur today evening. Kuthiran roads were in decent shape and with minimal traffic.
Thanks a lot.
Can you please give update on Walayar checkpost?. On Covid certificate checking. RTPCR a must?
Old 4th July 2021, 08:23   #13398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Can you please give update on Walayar checkpost?. On Covid certificate checking. RTPCR a must?
Hi Sree, I was carrying soft copies of test report for myself and wife, didn't do for my 9 yo son. At the checkpost a police officer stopped us and asked for documents. I first showed him the Epass and 1st vaccine certificate printouts which I was carrying. When he asked for RTPCR I told that I will fetch from the mobile, he waved us off. After that no stops anywhere.
Please note that I only interacted with the lone officer who was on the road managing traffic, not at the few counters setup. I didn't go there nor know what's been checked there.
Old 4th July 2021, 10:49   #13399
pms
BHPian

Travelled from Bangalore to Kollam on 1st July via Salem, Karur, Tirumangalam, Shenkottai, Aryankaavu, Punalur. Started at 6AM from my apartment near old airport road and reached home at Kollam at 6:45PM. Had carried TN Transit pass, KL E-Pass and vaccination completed certificate. Didnt do RTPCR tests.

There was elaborate checking at Aryankaavu checkpost and all vehicles were stopped. Had to park the car and display KL Pass along with vaccination completed certificate of all passengers at the designated counter. Whole process took around 20 mins and after noting down the contact details were let go immediately. Only one person to visit the counter with all documents. That was about it and there was no checks of any sort in KA-TN borders or within TN.

Passing through all toll booths was a breeze. Traffic was very less till Punalur after which heavy traffic till Kollam city. There is strong weekend curfew currently in all cities of Kerala and it would be difficult for intra state travel without valid reasons.
pms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 11:15   #13400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At the [Walayar] checkpost a police officer stopped us and asked for [...] RTPCR
Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
Had carried TN Transit pass, KL E-Pass and vaccination completed certificate. Didnt do RTPCR tests [...] at Aryankaavu checkpost [displayed] vaccination completed certificate [...] after noting down the contact details were let go immediately.
This is all totally confusing. I am planning a solo trip to Kerala during the coming week (Wednesday out, Friday return to Bangalore). I am fully vaccinated, so do I need to take RT-PCR? Still not able to get a clear answer to this.

Also does Kerala have any night travel / inter-district travel restrictions as of today?

Which government website has all the Kerala guidelines, orders, notifications etc. arranged date-wise?
Old 4th July 2021, 11:46   #13401
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
This is all totally confusing. I am planning a solo trip to Kerala during the coming week (Wednesday out, Friday return to Bangalore). I am fully vaccinated, so do I need to take RT-PCR? Still not able to get a clear answer to this.
There is no RTPCR need if you are fully vaccinated and carry KL e pass. They also let go even if you are vaccinated with one dose.

Nutshell, to enter KL you need KL e pass and vaccination certificate (soft copy is enough).
pms is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 16:39   #13402
BHPian

Travelled by train twice in the past week into thrissur. No checking for pass or RT PCR at exit or entry. For those who want entry into kerala without doing an RT PCR hassle, arrive by train
Old 4th July 2021, 18:14   #13403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no RTPCR need if you are fully vaccinated and carry KL e pass. They also let go even if you are vaccinated with one dose.
This does not seem to be correct. They might be letting you go, but I cannot find anything newer than the 18/4 order that mandated RT-PCR which negated it.

https://dhs.kerala.gov.in/wp-content...h_covid_18.pdf

Quote:
All domestic travellers irrespective of vaccination status shall undergo SARS CoV-2 RT-PCR test either within 48 hours prior to entering the state or immediately after entering the state of Kerala.
Old 4th July 2021, 18:36   #13404
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sree, I was carrying soft copies of test report for myself and wife, didn't do for my 9 yo son. At the checkpost a police officer stopped us and asked for documents. I first showed him the Epass and 1st vaccine certificate printouts which I was carrying. When he asked for RTPCR I told that I will fetch from the mobile, he waved us off. After that no stops anywhere.
Please note that I only interacted with the lone officer who was on the road managing traffic, not at the few counters setup. I didn't go there nor know what's been checked there.
Quote:

Nutshell, to enter KL you need KL e pass and vaccination certificate (soft copy is enough).
Quoting my post for reference.

If there is a system in place it's not followed fully and is followed on a case to case basis, it seems.

In my case when I showed mine and wife's single vaccination certificate printout the police officer murmured " onnu porallo..." (one's not sufficient). Then I told him that I have the RTPCR report on my mobile and he followed me to my car (few steps away). Near the car he peeked into the backseat and saw wife and kid, then he told me it's ok and waved us off.
Downside - ended up spending unnecessarily for the tests.
Old 4th July 2021, 19:56   #13405
pms
BHPian

Experiences seem to be different at different check points. For instance in Aryankaavu check post they dont have facility for RTPCR/RAT tests in case the travellers dont carry vaccination certificate. I believe in Walayar they have a mobile testing unit for RAT and seems like you get the results in 20 mins if am not wrong. They insist atleast one traveller to do the test.

In Aryankaavu they direct or inform them to conduct tests at a govt facility (at their destination) or go in HQ for 14 days. Am not sure how far this is/can be enforced. Hence the ask is primarily for vaccination certificate. They were asking one set of travellers to return as they didnt carry any valid document including KL E-Pass, they were from Madurai. Not sure what happened at the end.

For complete peace of mind one can take an RTPCR before travel, even I thought about it but my cousin who travelled in the same route 2 days before told me vaccination certificate is enough. Hence I took the plunge.
Old 4th July 2021, 21:20   #13406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For complete peace of mind one can take an RTPCR before travel
Yeah I have decided to take the test tomorrow for Tuesday's travel.

Quote:
Experiences seem to be different at different check points.

In addition Tamil Nadu's rules are also not clear. So I'm thinking of avoiding TN altogether and enter Kerala via Muthanga. This means I have to start earlier in the day and adjust everything else accordingly (which in my case is a bit of a pain).

For example they need a mandatory "Travel Reason Document". What can I produce, if I'm just going to visit my mother?
Old 4th July 2021, 21:23   #13407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

For example they need a mandatory "Travel Reason Document". What can I produce, if I'm just going to visit my mother?
I just attached the KL Epass at this checklist point.
Old 4th July 2021, 21:37   #13408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just attached the KL Epass at this checklist point.
Thanks. So had to take the KL epass first. Fine. Did this and I now have a TN-KL epass. But for the return journey, what do I do? KA does not have the epass system, so attach my address proof in Bangalore?

And this shows my Bangalore address as in Hosur. Basically the pass is for journeys originating from TN. The option to choose "transit through TN" doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Still, I make progress. Hopefully won't have to take half a day off on Tuesday.
Old 6th July 2021, 10:25   #13409
Senior - BHPian

Might have to travel to Madurai for a wedding. Plan is to leave on Friday evening and return on Sunday evening.

With Sunday being a strict lockdown here, would it be ok to enter KL?

And i am assuming only epasses are required for both states now? No mandatory tests right?
Old 6th July 2021, 17:39   #13410
BHPian

Update from my sister-in-law and family who travelled from Bangalore to Kochi today.

"Was asked for RT-PCR. When informed we were fully vaccinated, they let us pass without checking any documents."

My sister-in-law and her husband had Covaxin shots which they managed to get both doses for within the last month, thanks to only 28 day gap for Covaxin. But interestingly they had along their 2 children under the ages of 10, who obviously are not vaccinated, who were let through as well despite not having RT-PCR.

They left at 4:30 AM and reached Kochi by 3PM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks