Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2021, 06:05   #13486
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Did a Kerala - Bangalore yesterday via Walayar. Cops were checking for RT-PCR negative reports at the border. They were diverting all private cars to the service lane and the only question asked was RT-PCR report. Nothing else. Show the report and move on. There was no other check whatsoever on the entire stretch, not even at Atebelle.

Left kodungallur at 5.40 am, had an hour break for breakfast in Coimbatore and reached Bannerghatta Road at around 2 pm. Peaceful drive.
bijayks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 10:34   #13487
BHPian

I am not getting OTP for registration in the covid jagratha website for the past 2-3 days. Anyone else facing this issue?
Old 9th August 2021, 11:18   #13488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkk View Post
I am not getting OTP for registration in the covid jagratha website for the past 2-3 days. Anyone else facing this issue?
I was having the same issue for 2 to 3 days from last Thursday. I tried with another number and a different laptop, then it started working for my number as well on Saturday. could be an issue on the server side.
Old 9th August 2021, 11:54   #13489
BHPian

btw. Is there any ePasses we need to obtain to come back to KA/Bangalore?
Old 10th August 2021, 08:23   #13490
BHPian

Update as on 10th August 2021.

Walayar:

Travel towards Coimbatore has been a mixed bag for the last week. All the passenger vehicles are positively directed to the service road. All commercial vehicles and some two wheelers (Those who are able to explain they are daily commuters) are allowed without the detour.

Please keep the E Pass on you as well as either RT/PCR or Vaccination certificate. One of my colleague's cousin reported that in absence of RT/PCR two doses certificate, they were made to stay and get tested for COVID and ZICA. I have fortunately not been subject to those. In fact today while i was looking for the E Pass and my company ID to show, the cop noted the AGV logo on my helmet and started discussing on what model of Helmet i was using. Then we went on discussing on the newer Models like AGV K6 etc. Guess enthusiasts come in all shapes and sizes and professions. The cops have been reasonable for all of the past week but this event did take the cake.

Also for those planning to take L&T Bypass, please be aware of scraping and Resurfacing is happening in this stretch. Yesterday a stretch of around 2 Km from the toll near Eechanari Karpagam college was being resurfaced and all traffic was filtered through a single lane. So expect delay of 15-20 minutes on this account if you plan to travel during daytime. Work continues today. Towards weekend, i will update in this thread if the work is getting completed for the benefit of those who plan weekend travel.
rohitoasis is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 09:06   #13491
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
btw. Is there any ePasses we need to obtain to come back to KA/Bangalore?
No Epass for KA entry. Only RTPCR reports.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 15:43   #13492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Also for those planning to take L&T Bypass, please be aware of scraping and Resurfacing is happening in this stretch.
Bummer. I'm driving to Kerala later this month for Onam - I suppose it makes more sense to drive through Coimbatore city instead of taking the bypass (given that my expected arrival time at Coimbatore will be after 9 PM)?
Old 10th August 2021, 16:23   #13493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Bummer. I'm driving to Kerala later this month for Onam - I suppose it makes more sense to drive through Coimbatore city instead of taking the bypass (given that my expected arrival time at Coimbatore will be after 9 PM)?
Sir, from what i saw, they completed scraping and resurfacing a small stretch on the same day. So at night you might have no interruptions. Also going by the pace, i think the work will be completed before Onam. I will keep this thread updated with the progress of this work.
rohitoasis is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 07:23   #13494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Driving through Coimbatore city will be even more frustrating because of the flyover work going on at Ukkadam, or is it completed?
Old 11th August 2021, 15:24   #13495
Distinguished - BHPian

Any inputs on what exactly is being checked at Walayar towards entering Kerala. Is the RTPCR enough or do they actually look at the E-Pass print out?

Been trying to register on Jagratha from yesterday, but the OTP is not coming. Will try later tonight, but wanted to understand what checking is being done.
Old 11th August 2021, 16:33   #13496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Any inputs on what exactly is being checked at Walayar towards entering Kerala. Is the RTPCR enough or do they actually look at the E-Pass print out?
Requoting my earlier post. Depending on the time of the day and the crowd at the borders you can expect tough scrutiny or casual check up. You can either show the printout of even the mobile. On crowded days they barely glance at these documents. On free days, they take time to read it.

Quote:
I would like to add a bit. Between the two journeys listed in post #13414 (27th June) and #13415 (7th July), One thing that has changed is the volume of vehicles. Since i have been doing a daily commute. I have seen an increase in the number of vehicles at least 5-6 times of what it was in the Month of June.

One thing that good for the travelers is that if we show a little bit of inclination to show some documents, we are usually allowed to move on. So you can show the E Pass and either of these reports either in printout or in mobile and you are let go.

One bad thing is if we happen to reason and engage in discussion, the wait tends to get tedious because the number of the police are limited and they are juggling their attention between your documents and a bunch of others evading checking. They are really at their edge. For sake of providing real time updates on this thread. I try to ask them queries. But this entire week, they barely glance the document and move on to the next case.

What remains same is their insistence on RT PCR report. From what i had shared in the earlier post, even antigen report should do.
Only people with regular travel pass are let go without the need of RT PCR or antigen.
Quote:
Been trying to register on Jagratha from yesterday, but the OTP is not coming. Will try later tonight, but wanted to understand what checking is being done.
I think it has to do with server load. I tried just now. OTP came in less than 30 seconds.
rohitoasis is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 19:22   #13497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I did an overnighter on Friday, from Bangalore to Kerala. No checking anywhere in TN. The KL cops insist on only the RT-PCR report - they verified the result and the date. The E-Pass from COVID19 Jagratha was not checked. Traffic was thin, so we exchanged some pleasantries. While showing the print-out, the cop noticed my dashcam and he asked me about it in those few minutes. The interaction was extremely cordial.

Used to do frequent Palakkad-CBE runs last month, I concur with what @rohitoasis has posted.

Quote:
My suggestion: avoid going through the city. L&T would be the known devil.

Last edited by silversteed : 11th August 2021 at 19:26.
silversteed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 20:26   #13498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Requoting my earlier post. Depending on the time of the day and the crowd at the borders you can expect tough scrutiny or casual check up. You can either show the printout of even the mobile. On crowded days they barely glance at these documents. On free days, they take time to read it.
I think it has to do with server load. I tried just now. OTP came in less than 30 seconds.
Thanks for the update. I tried from mobile and was got the OTP instantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I did an overnighter on Friday, from Bangalore to Kerala. No checking anywhere in TN. The KL cops insist on only the RT-PCR report - they verified the result and the date. The E-Pass from COVID19 Jagratha was not checked. Traffic was thin, so we exchanged some pleasantries. While showing the print-out, the cop noticed my dashcam and he asked me about it in those few minutes. The interaction was extremely cordial.
Thanks. One other question I have is regarding the '72 hr' RT PCR window? Do they check to the exact hour? My brother ended up giving the sample for test today morning for a Saturday drive. Technically it would be more than 72 hrs when we reach the border. Would that be an issue?
Old 11th August 2021, 23:51   #13499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One other question I have is regarding the '72 hr' RT PCR window? Do they check to the exact hour? My brother ended up giving the sample for test today morning for a Saturday drive. Technically it would be more than 72 hrs when we reach the border. Would that be an issue?
I would've given the sample on Thursday morning for a Saturday drive. The labs do not start testing exactly at the time they collect the samples - my experience has always been like this: sample is collected early in the morning, before 9 AM, I get the result in the evening but the sample collection time printed on the report is anywhere between 11AM to 3PM.

The cops have been quite reasonable, so a couple of hours can be squeezed out, me thinks. But do wait for others to pitch in before deciding on the next course of action.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 20:26   #13500
BHPian

Did a Quick trip yesterday to Palakkad and back to Ernakulam. As the Kuthiran Southbound traffic is through the newly commissioned Tunnel, noticed an advantage even for the North bound traffic too; North bound traffic passing through the Original route, does not have any oncoming traffic; thus have ample width to safely overtake slow moving vehicles. Further, as the total traffic is reduced to half, there is no crowding and the cars can conveniently pass through Kuthiran Hills at a decent safe speed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks