Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2021, 19:31   #13456
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: All Roads to Kerala

L&T cbe bypass toll itself is a scam. I am 100% sure it's by design. I keep sending complaints to ICICI fastag (online portal) whenever this happens (happens every single time I pass, whichever direction) and each time, within a week or so, the extra charges are refunded. I am 100% sure NHAI knows about this con. Probably some under-the-table deal to keep the lid on this scam.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 19:42   #13457
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
L&T cbe bypass toll itself is a scam. I am 100% sure it's by design.
Probably some under-the-table deal to keep the lid on this scam.
It probably needs a dedicated thread to discuss if we can get more information on the contract that L&T has been awarded. Usually these BOT contracts are for 15 years but in this case it seems to be 20+ years since it was commissioned in 1998 ? I think L&T's contract is a one sided one that is even preventing NHAI from widening this stretch to a 4 or 6 lane road. Either side of this bypass now has 4 or 6 lanes already.

This is also eerily similar to the Hubli-Dharwad stretch which the Nandi infrastructure company manages.

I remember one of our forum members had gotten some information via RTI for the L&T bypass, but not much has happened after that.

Last edited by NPV : 22nd July 2021 at 19:43.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 22:31   #13458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Usually these BOT contracts are for 15 years but in this case it seems to be 20+ years since it was commissioned in 1998 ? I think L&T's contract is a one sided one that is even preventing NHAI from widening this stretch to a 4 or 6 lane road.
From what I understand, the concession or agreement period is 30 years. There is a dispute with the GoTN regarding the toll collection at a bridge L&T built inside Coimbatore city as part of this bypass project, which is I think still unresolved. Sometime back NHAI awarded the upgrade contract to IVRCL but L&T challenged that in court and got a stay on it.

Summary, nothing good will happen for a number of years more I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
I keep sending complaints to ICICI fastag (online portal) whenever this happens (happens every single time I pass, whichever direction) and each time, within a week or so, the extra charges are refunded.
I also agree to the "one issue each time I take the bypass". My issues are of two kinds:

1. The first deduction of Rs. 17 at one of the earlier toll booths is not honoured at a subsequent one. It is deducted again.

2. Both the Salem-bound and Palakkad-bound toll lanes read a given tag. So toll is double-charged. This happens when we take the right lane (closer to the lane going the other way) at any of the toll booths.

I used to raise these issues diligently, but now I don't bother. I just adjust these against all instances of "passed through the lane, but no toll deducted" elsewhere.
Old 23rd July 2021, 11:39   #13459

If you are going to kerala through the Mysore -> Gundlupete -> Mudumalai tiger reserve route, please be ready with a negative RT-PCR , irrespective of your vaccination status. The TN police is turning back people from KA without this. You have the option of getting an RT-PCR test at Gundlupete within 30 minutes(!!) as per the people manning the border. Supposed to be the district collector's order as per the police.
fluke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 21:21   #13460
BHPian

Travelled from Bangalore to Cochin today. Started at 6.30 Am and reached by 4.30 Pm. Roads were really busy in Tamilnadu so were the hotels with multiple kerala cars in view. There was no checking in atibele and whole of Tamilnadu though there were some covid checkpoints. They were mainly checking commercial vehicles and private vehicles were let through.

Was stopped at Kerala border and asked if Kerala pass has been taken? Just replied yes and was let through. No checking in Kerala other than the border. Roads were relatively empty till Angamaly and then traffic picked up.
Old 24th July 2021, 21:54   #13461
BHPian

We planned to go to Bandipur-Ooty and Tuskers hill by Poppys in Annakati, Kerala on Friday 23rd July, we planned this just one day in advance, so we did not research thoroughly. When we looked for options that were pet friendly, we found very few and Poppy’s turned out to be a good property. As we did not have any other option, but to carry our Groot (a GT) because of the covid circumstances and we wanted to explore our trip with a pet, to plan the other future travels accordingly. We were delighted that Poppy’s was having good amenities was pet friendly, not to forget to mention that the property was beautiful and the prices, under our budget.
Considering the pandemic we stopped for our breakfast at Shivalli MTR, SH 17 ,Mudagere, Channapatna, as it seemed hygienic and we felt good to stop here, the kadubu is famous and so we tried it and it was pretty good. Apart from kadubu, we tried tasty dosas and hot vada. We resumed our journey with a smile as we had tasty breakfast. Zoom!
We resumed the highway- Maddur SH17, we took a right turn at Malavalli and continued towards Bandipur (we had to take this route because we had an E-pass to cross Nilgiris; the TN border) and reached Mudumalai checkpost. At the checkpost, all the spirits were dampened as we were asked to produce documents of the E-pass and the RT-PCR. As mentioned earlier the hotel management did not specify the RTPCR we had to return back to Gundlupet since Madumali police asked us to get RTPCR from Gundlupet where we took a decision go back to Bangalore because of Govt Hospital and other clinic was not Hygiene. Despite the disappointment faced, we enjoyed the ride to bandipur as we sighted many animals like peacocks, elephants and even Deers

Resort Management did not specify latest RT-PCR Report of Travelers that we needed to cross the respective TN & KL Border. They have mentioned only KL E-PASS required to cross KL Border, (they might have thought that we will travel via Hosur, Coimabtore Road), Im not sure whether Zuzuwadi Police personal will ask RTPCR report. As for us, we decided to be safe and carry an E-pass for TN & KL.

All Roads to Kerala-img_2448.jpg

All Roads to Kerala-img_2482.jpg

All Roads to Kerala-img_2483.jpg

All Roads to Kerala-img_2497.jpg

All Roads to Kerala-img_2505.jpg

All Roads to Kerala-img_7216.jpg

All Roads to Kerala-img_7218.jpg

All Roads to Kerala-img_7227.jpg

All Roads to Kerala-img_7237.jpg

All Roads to Kerala-img_7238.jpg

All Roads to Kerala-img_7240.jpg

I was not aware of KL will be complete lockdown on 24th and 25th July 2021 (Saturday and Sunday)

The below route was considered with nice scenery and enjoy breathing of Bandipur and madumalai RF:

Bangalore> Ramannagara> Maddur> KM Doddi> Malavalli> Bannur> Mysore ORR> Nanjangud>Begur> Gundlupete>Bandipur> Masinagudi> Kalhatty>Ooty>Mulli>Anaikatti
SVMBLR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 09:36   #13462
Senior - BHPian

Drove Bangalore - Tirur on Saturday 24th and Tirur-Bangalore on 26th Monday.

Started at 4.20 AM from my home near Hebbal. Route taken was Nelamangala-Bellur Cross- Nagamangala - Pandavapura- Mysore city - Gundlupet- S.Bathery- Kalpetta town- Kozhikode- Kunnamangalam - Medical College- Ramanattukara- Chelari - Chettipadi - Tirur. Reached wife's home between Tirur and Tanur at 12.10 PM.
Since I was driving solo, took only a short 15 minute break for breakfast at Gundupete. Roads are excellent throughout the way.
Had an extremely lucky sighting of two leopards crossing the road one after the other inside Bandipur! This was around 10kms after the Maddur check post.
Right at the KL-KA border at Moolaholle, KL officials were stopping incoming cars and asking for RTPCR or double vaccination certificate. My RTPCR report was yet to come and when I mentioned this, they asked me to show any proof for sample given. I had an sms for sample receipt which also had the SRF number, and they let me in after noting name and phone number. There was no further checking at Thakarapady or Muthanga. Being a curfew day in KL, traffic was sparse but heavy rain made progress a bit slow. Thamarashery Ghats is in superb condition.

For the return journey (with family),started at 5.15 AM and took the same route. Was in Bangalore home at 2.15 PM with a in-car breakfast break near Kalpetta and a lunch break at Swati Delicacy, Yediyur.
Heavy rains accompanied us till S. Bathery and the ghats were a beautiful sight, covered with mist and rain!
At Moolaholle KA checkpost, there were two disinterested officials who just had a glance at the RTPCR PDF report in my phone and waved us off. Did not ask or check my wife's report, just had a glance at mine. No records or entry made.

> The only bit of bad roads I encountered in the whole of 875km journey
was inside Bangalore city!
> Heard from many travelers that eastern part of Mysore ORR is in bad
shape , so took the city route to cross Mysore city. Was relatively easy both > ways without any traffic jams!
> The stretch from Ramanattukara to Chelari is in superb shape now!
> The newly resurfaced Chettipadi- Tirur road is beautiful. Widened, and very
well marked with cat's eye reflectors, looked much more safer to drive even in heavy rains.
sandsun7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 08:57   #13463
BHPian

folks,

I plan to travel from kochi to Bangalore on Aug 1st ,via Walayar,coimbatore,hosur.

I am trying to apply for TN EPASS under https://eregister.tnega.org/
In the TN epass, registration forum , it is asking to provide Travel reason document which is mandatory

Need your inputs on what needs to be uploaded here?
Attached Thumbnails
All Roads to Kerala-tn-epass.jpg  

Last edited by AshiqueS : 28th July 2021 at 08:59.
Old 28th July 2021, 09:00   #13464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Need your inputs on what needs to be uploaded here?
I had asked this question here a few weeks ago. Based on the advice I got, I do this:

When going to Kerala from Bangalore via TN, I upload the Kerala e-Pass.

When returning to Bangalore from Kerala via TN, I upload my address proof.

And the one time I had to go to a destination in TN, I just uploaded the hotel reservation confirmation.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 09:23   #13465
BHPian

thanks Bianand,

I uploaded my bangalore address proof and got the TN EPASS generated.

Last edited by AshiqueS : 28th July 2021 at 09:25.
Old 28th July 2021, 11:49   #13466
BHPian

folks,

Is RT PCR test mandatory for children below 10 years while travelling from Kerala to bangalore?
Old 28th July 2021, 11:54   #13467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the TN epass, registration forum , it is asking to provide Travel reason document which is mandatory. Need your inputs on what needs to be uploaded here?
I just upload my Aadhar copy every time since one won't have any other specific travel reason document. It gets accepted and the pass gets generated.

As Binand suggested, updating KL pass makes more sense. I shall be doing the same the next time around.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 28th July 2021 at 11:56.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 13:46   #13468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
folks,

Is RT PCR test mandatory for children below 10 years while travelling from Kerala to bangalore?
If you are coming in from Kerala to Bangalore via Hosur-Attibele border in a KA registered car, chances are almost nil that you will be stopped and asked any RTPCR report.
Old 28th July 2021, 14:00   #13469
BHPian

Drove from Thrissur to Bangalore via Salem, started at 5:15 AM today, reached Nice Road entry just short of 12:10 PM. Had taken the TN e-Pass but was not stopped anywhere, Attibele Toll was almost empty, no checking and did not see any other stopped vehicles at the KA entry.

For TN e-Pass, I gave second dose vaccination as the reason and uploaded the first dose certificate.
Old 28th July 2021, 18:15   #13470
BHPian

Quote:
folks,

Wayanad / Bandipur/Talamalai RF route strictly checking EPASS and RTPCR (they are not asking for Kids below age 10)
SVMBLR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks