Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2021, 20:21   #13306
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranknair View Post
Drove from Bangalore to Kochi today. Started at 5.30 AM and reached 1.30 PM.
Was the movement smooth within KA, I mean till Attibele check post? No stoppages as such due to curfew? or probably early morning helped.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 20:33   #13307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Was the movement smooth within KA, I mean till Attibele check post? No stoppages as such due to curfew? or probably early morning helped.
It was smooth - probably since I started at 5.30. Also, I stay near Begur Road, so we are almost close to Electronic City - we didn't have to travel through the main city areas. Even if you get stopped by cops, they will most probably let you go if you have the proof (valid pass for travel).
kiranknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 20:26   #13308
BHPian

Sorry to hijack this thread.I have a route query, particularly from Sarjapur, KA to Erode, TN.

I would like to skip Attibele because of the check posts. Also I would like to go without PTRCR (Corona negative report) but only with TN pass. My neighbor suggested to take Bagalur -> Shoolagiri route.

I never traveled via this route. How safe is this route? Also are there any check posts etc in this route. I will be traveling with my family and in a car. I am planning to go this week.

All Roads to Kerala-route-query.png
Old 3rd May 2021, 13:38   #13309
BHPian

Not Kerala related, but I made a day trip to TN and back from Bangalore yesterday. Went up till Arcot for a medical purpose, thought info on Attibele would be useful for KL travellers.

Was during Sunday lockdown in both KA and TN and left my home in Vijayanagar by 5.30 AM, reached Attibele toll by 6.15. Zero checks while entering or in TN, all the way Arcot. Reached Arcot by 8.30AM, with almost non existent traffic, barring a few trucks.
Charged up my Kona at MG Vellore showroom for 45 min for the journey back.
Started at 12.30, again no checking in TN till KA border. Drive was flat out, and again thanks to very low traffic, covered the distance of 135km from Vellore to Krishnagiri in 1hr and 15 min.
Was stopped at Attibele around 2.30pm toll by KA cops to check purpose of travel. Explained it and showed my fastag SMS of my onward crossing at Attibele, and they allowed me to pass. Time stopped was less than 10-15 seconds and I didn't have to get out of my car. Reached Vijayanagar, Bangalore by 3.30pm.
Rossiter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 13:48   #13310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
I have a route query, particularly from Sarjapur, KA to Erode, TN.

I would like to skip Attibele because of the check posts. Also I would like to go without PTRCR (Corona negative report) but only with TN pass. My neighbor suggested to take Bagalur -> Shoolagiri route.

I never traveled via this route. How safe is this route? Also are there any check posts etc in this route.
I routinely take these routes on my trips to Kerala. You can search for my posts in this thread. Briefly:

1. Be aware that Sarjapur town and a bit beyond are going through extensive road reconstruction work. Most low-hung sedans will have trouble covering this section. This is the case till the junction where the Chikka Tirupati road separates from Bagalur road outside of Sarjapur.

2. If you have such a vehicle yet still want to avoid Attibele/Zuzuwadi, then consider taking the Sarjapur-Attibele road, cross NH 44, take Attibele-Kelamangalam road and connect back to NH 44 anywhere in TN.

3. If you have an SUV+ (I take my Endeavour), take this route: https://goo.gl/maps/Kbrrat5NMcpaphQ87. This avoids Attibele toll, and the interstate checkpost on this road is rather non-functional. If you take this, then turn right immediately after you cross into TN and join NH 648 (Hosur-Bagalur road) about 2 km prior to its junction with NH 44. Note that this road does not go into Bagalur.

4. If you want to avoid Hosur city limits also, don't take the right after interstate border - instead, proceed straight to Bagalur town. At the T-junction turn left and take a right a bit beyond to Bagalur-Berigai road (all these are signposted). At Berigai take another right to Berigai-Soolagiri road. Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/dtK9McNZdzUN86kn6. All these are minor district roads with hardly a bus+car width (7-10 m wide roads, at a guess). These are very low traffic roads - you will see occasional bikers and maybe a TNSTC bus or two. Also the three towns en route - Bagalur, Berigai and Soolagiri - all have very narrow roads and/or are jam-prone.

5. If you are adamant on skipping Attibele and have a compatible vehicle, then take route in #3 above.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 17:34   #13311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I routinely take these routes on my trips to Kerala...

1. Be aware that Sarjapur town and a bit beyond are going through extensive road reconstruction work. Most low-hung sedans will have trouble covering this section. This is the case till the junction where the Chikka Tirupati road separates from Bagalur road outside of Sarjapur.

2. If you have such a vehicle yet still want to avoid Attibele/Zuzuwadi, then consider taking the Sarjapur-Attibele road, cross NH 44, take Attibele-Kelamangalam road and connect back to NH 44 anywhere in TN.

4. ... Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/dtK9McNZdzUN86kn6. All these are minor district roads with hardly a bus+car width..

Thank you Binand for your detailed info. I will be traveling on my Baleno hatchback. It will be fully loaded since I want to work from Erode for sometime due to lot of COVID cases in Bangalore and particularly in my apartment. So the ground clearance will be reduced even further.

I am only worried about whether the police will ask for a corona negative report (RTPCR) or not. If they don't ask for it, then I will just go via Attibelle.
Old 3rd May 2021, 20:01   #13312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will be traveling on my Baleno hatchback. It will be fully loaded
Then don't go through Sarjapur town, unless you can independently verify that the road works are over (I doubt this) or alternate routes exist (also unlikely). My last trip was on 13/4.

Quote:
I am only worried about whether the police will ask for a corona negative report (RTPCR) or not.
As far as I know there is not RT-PCR requirement to enter Tamil Nadu at all. Only special case is people coming from Kerala, who are required to quarantine themselves for a week. Just honour the curfew hours of the two states, and you should be fine.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 19:17   #13313
BHPian

Walayar. Update as of today. 1835hours. While crossing the border, I inquired with the cops if they have received any notification about the lockdown announced. They have been on duty since morning so yet to hear officially. Maybe the guys tomorrow night have better update. As my company is insisting attendance I inquired if that would be feasible. The cops suggested to stay at Coimbatore rather than plan the daily commute that I do. Anyway crossing border till tomorrow night will be allowed in case anyone is planning travel before the weekend. If I get a better update tomorrow, I will post the same by tomorrow evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Also please note the stretch from the first signal after the Walayar toll and the second signal is being re-layered. It would be wise to take the service road in this stretch till it is done.
Update on the road conditions. The stretch just before the first signal after the Walayar toll (wise park, Sri saravana Bhavan signal) has fine loosw dust on the road. Bit slippery for my bike. Be wary.

The work between 1st and 2nd signal completed. The undulations are removed.

A 100 metre stretch before the third signal has been scraped off for delayering. The traffic has not been diverted to the service road, but traffic has to cross the scraped off road. Braking distance might be effected. Be wary.

Similarly road surface scraped off at the downslope just beyond pudussery and before marutharode. As you are aware no service roads in this stretch. So traffic has to cross this scraped off section. Please be wary.
This work may get delayed due to lockdown and ever moving traffic.
rohitoasis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 19:29   #13314
BHPian

Is a negative RT pcr test still a requirement to go to bangalore from Kerala?
I heard that the requirement was removed for entry into kerala but not sure about the other way round.
Old 6th May 2021, 20:44   #13315
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

planning travel from chennai to bangalore either 10th monday or 11th tuesday.
Sorry to be asking this in KL routes thread, but this thread has the latest updates on KA border attibele.

Considerations :
1. From 8th onwards, TN is going into lockdown, I have no clarity on vehicular movement on highway. Also, current lockdown in KA likely to be extended beyond 12th into a more stricter avatar. How is cross-border movement from TN to KA currently ? are vehicles plying ? checks present in daytime only or 24 hrs ?
2. What would be a good time to start and finish, considering that both states impose night curfews (unsure about the strictness of it, since never stepped out of home) ? usually I travel early mornings or late night.

People who have travelled recently/know people who travelled recently,
Kindly help me

Last edited by venkyhere : 6th May 2021 at 20:45.
Old 6th May 2021, 21:36   #13316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer View Post
Is a negative RT pcr test still a requirement to go to bangalore from Kerala?
I heard that the requirement was removed for entry into kerala but not sure about the other way round.
Though it was a requirement earlier, it was never enforced except at the border between Northern districts directly bordering Karnataka. And it still continues.

But if your question is for Attibele border for travelers from south Kerala, then it never was mandated and still the same. The only difference is KA is in curfew mode and not sure what are the other restrictions enforced at border apart from RTPCR. What I heard is there could be stoppages where you need to explain the need for travel.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 6th May 2021 at 21:45.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 12:35   #13317
Senior - BHPian

I travelled from Bangalore to Munnar via Walayar on Friday 7th May. We had taken TN transit and Kerala pass. Started from Bangalore after 10 am, there was no check on TN and traffic was very thin. Walayar was a breeze with no crowd, we only had to show the pass through the closed window (they did a thorough read to check date, no of people etc). There was moderate traffic till Perumbavoor, there were no police checks anywhere.
Things might have changed with lockdown in Kerala from Saturday, and TN is going on lockdown from Monday
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 20:38   #13318
BHPian

Hello friends, I have to travel back to Bangalore from Thrissur on coming weekend. Can you pl tell me the latest update on returning to Bangalore? As per latest govt order on extension of lockdown in Karnataka, there is no restriction on inter and intra state travel. However I also hear that one needs to carry -ve RTPCR report or have documents to show that there is an emergency etc. Anybody can help me with the correct information please?
Old 31st May 2021, 14:09   #13319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
Hello friends, I have to travel back to Bangalore from Thrissur on coming weekend.
Did you travel? What time did you cross into karnataka and did they stop you to ask for pcr?
Old 31st May 2021, 17:34   #13320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
Did you travel? What time did you cross into karnataka and did they stop you to ask for pcr?
Just saw the updates here.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5072657 (Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions)
kavu75 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed