Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2020, 08:32   #12631

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Is there still a requirement to have Pass? I saw a news clip in Manorama today that there is no longer any travel restrictions for inter state travel and passes are no more required.
Old 30th June 2020, 08:42   #12632
Senior - BHPian

People heading to Wayanad for short visit from KA, TN etc has to produce a medical certificate that they're free of any covid related symptoms. Please note it's not the covid certificate they need. Same needs to be uploaded while applying for short visit pass in the jagratha portal. This is w.e.f 29 June.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 09:54   #12633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by george.joe View Post
Is there still a requirement to have Pass? I saw a news clip in Manorama today that there is no longer any travel restrictions for inter state travel and passes are no more required.
Very very very unlikely in the current situation.

By looking at the way things are not in favour, the pass would still be enforced. I could not find any such information in any news. Please share if you have.
Old 1st July 2020, 09:18   #12634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by george.joe View Post
Is there still a requirement to have Pass?
You seem to be correct. As part of Unlock 2.0, there is no need of a pass for interstate travel. It is there on today's Mathrubhumi as well. Only a registration on the portal is enough. Good, a bit of relaxation now. Hope it doesn't back fire.
Old 1st July 2020, 10:58   #12635
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
You seem to be correct. As part of Unlock 2.0, there is no need of a pass for interstate travel. It is there on today's Mathrubhumi as well. Only a registration on the portal is enough. Good, a bit of relaxation now. Hope it doesn't back fire.
Quote:
Accepting the central guidelines for the second phase of unlock, Kerala issued an order including easing lockdown restrictions. The Centre had directed not to ask for pass or permit for inter-state travelling. Though this was accepted, Kerala will continue the condition to register on the Jagratha portal to enter into the state.
Source: Mathrubhumi
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 09:29   #12636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Those who completed quarantine in Kerala - any process to follow once the quarantine ends?
We will be completing our quarantine today, but as per the local health department, there is a 14 day observation period before they issue a certificate. Still not clear what the modalities are, and what the observation period entails apart from avoiding non-essential travel. Will update when i have more information.
philipmathen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 21:00   #12637
BHPian

I am planning to drive to Trichur from Mangalore on 04.07.2020. I have registered in jagratha portal. Status shows "pending". Is a printout of the application sufficient to cross border (Manjeswaram border)
Old 2nd July 2020, 21:16   #12638
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuchel View Post
I am planning to drive to Trichur from Mangalore on 04.07.2020. I have registered in jagratha portal. Status shows "pending". Is a printout of the application sufficient to cross border (Manjeswaram border)
Your pass application is pending approval. Ideally you should get it by tomorrow with an SMS intimation. Do call up your ward to speed up the process in case you do not get it by noon tomorrow.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 22:19   #12639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuchel View Post
I have registered in jagratha portal. Status shows "pending".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Your pass application is pending approval.
But then there is no "Pass" system anymore right. So what is this "pending" and "approval" about. Does a registration also needs an active approval by authorities?
Old 3rd July 2020, 16:36   #12640
BANNED

What are the rules for interstate movement as of today (03/07/2020)? Somebody I know wants to exit KL and go to Theni for 2 -3 days and return by 08/09 July. Is quarantine needed?

They will use shared mass transport - probably a contract carriage or jeep.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 07:52   #12641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
But then there is no "Pass" system anymore right. So what is this "pending" and "approval" about. Does a registration also needs an active approval by authorities?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Your pass application is pending approval. Ideally you should get it by tomorrow with an SMS intimation. Do call up your ward to speed up the process in case you do not get it by noon tomorrow.
Thanks for the replies. Now pass is not required. Just registration on the corona jagratha portal with time slot for entry at kerala border. Just showing the registration number is sufficient
vinuchel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 17:51   #12642
BHPian

Can someone advise me, my sister N husband want to travel from bangalore to trichur (both senior citizens) in their car with a driver, how can we send back the driver to bangalore. I checked IRCTC but no tickets are shown, what options do we have. Any buses running to Bangalore now, I have no knowledge.
Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 17:59   #12643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Can someone advise me, my sister N husband want to travel from bangalore to trichur (both senior citizens) in their car with a driver, how can we send back the driver to bangalore. I checked IRCTC but no tickets are shown, what options do we have. Any buses running to Bangalore now, I have no knowledge.
Thanks
I think Kerala still allows return in 7 days without quarantine for temporary visitors. You can register the driver accordingly in jagratha portal and he should be able to drop and come back.

Another option is to arrange a car to walayar border and get a driver from here to drive till the border and do the switch. This is a safer option for the driver.

Third option is to take a flight. I see 3-4 flights to kochi in a day at reasonable rates. But of course , this is a risky option especially with senior citizens and not advisable unless urgent.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 23:01   #12644
BHPian

Travelled yesterday from Bangalore to Palakkad. Original plan was to go through Muthanga checkpost but later decided to take the Walayar checkpost.

I applied for a Kerala pass on the portal, which took two working days to get approved. After Kerala pass approval, I applied for the TN transit pass, which was approved on the same day. TN pass requires submitting the Kerala pass. I pasted a copy of the TN pass on my windshield.

At the first KA - TN checkpost, cops flagged us down. We were very politely shown a small parking area and I was directed to a temporary shed. A lady officer there asked for the TN transit pass, stamped it and returned it back. All done in 2 mins.

We continued our onward journey and in a couple of places in TN, cops waved us to stop, checked the pass stuck on the windshield and very politely asked us to continue our travel. Very good arrangements by TN and very courteous staff. No confusion anywhere.

After reaching Walayar checkpost on the Kerala entry side, the cops guided us to a parking area. I and family walked up to a counter were they took temperature and gave a slip approving all of us were good to go home.

Reached home and informed the local health department. They came today morning and asked us to be in qurantine for 14 days. A notice is also stuck on the door informing people about the home quarantine. Also got a phone call from the police station asking to attend the phone if called.

Though the general understanding is pass is not needed, I think I did not face any issues because I had both TN and Kerala pass.

Hope this information is helpful to people who are planning to travel. Thanks.
KVNair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 23:09   #12645
Senior - BHPian

For people entering via Walayar, the only mandate is to have your travel details updated in jagratha portal. The allocated date of journey is not an issue and need not be adhered to as per a circular issued by Palakkad district administration. They're still allowing people to enter Kerala after collecting the requisite details at the border for those who are reaching there without updating in Jagratha.

Mods, I'm not sure if a notification in vernacular is allowed to update as per forum rules. If so, you may please remove the same.
Attached Thumbnails
All Roads to Kerala-screenshot_20200704190950_whatsapp.jpg  

Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks