Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2020, 20:25   #12901
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Just to update. I went to Karnataka from Calicut and returned within 24 hours without quarantine or pass. Informed the checkpost while going that I wont take more time and they were cool to let me through on the return without taking details or requiring quarantine.

Just an FYI, if you dont take a pass online for entering Kerala, you can take it at the checkpost. They enter all the details and give you a pass. Usually the Covid-19 checkpost opens at 7am and its mostly deserted at this time, so there is a good chance that you can pass this checkpost without a pass if your travel is before 7am. In short, the interstate check isnt as serious as it was before, probably because over 90% daily cases now are within the state only.
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 08:59   #12902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinnair View Post
So I drove down to Palakkad on sunday.

About the border crossing: Nothing happened.

I'll keep you all posted about my return trip on saturday
I drove back yesterday from Palakkad to Chennai. Again, no checking or anything. I crossed Walayar by 8. 30 am. On the TN side, one cop glanced into the car from about a meter away. I held up the epass printout, and he glanced at it for half a second, and waved me through. They do have a shamiana with a few official looking people and cops, and other cars were standing there. But I guess they were people without passes or trying for spot passes or something.

Roads conditions are good, like I said earlier
sachinnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 13:19   #12903

I applied for a “Short Visit” pass on Wednesday last week, giving “Property Management” as the reason wile applying on the Jagratha website. I submitted property ownership documents as proof, though that was probably not needed. The application was immediately approved and I could download a pdf of the pass.

I also took a transit pass through Tamilnadu. The TN transit pass mentioned that you can cross border check posts only between 7 am and 7 pm. Others had mentioned that there is actually no checkin in TN, so I started from Bangalore at 1:30 am yesterday. Nobody stopped me at the Attibele check post, though there were policemen at a temporary barricade and shed set up on the road immediately after crossing the Attibele toll booth. There was no checking anywhere in TN.

At the Walayar check post in Kerala, they diverted me onto a side road. I had to go to a counter and explain my visit and duration. They did not check my temperature, but gave me a sticker for my car mentioning I came through Walayar. No dates or anything else on the sticker. There were no other checks anywhere, and I reached Perumbavoor by 10:30.

Short visits don’t have quarantine requirements, and nobody called or came to check. I will return to Bangalore tomorrow morning.

-ajay
ajija is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 12:04   #12904
BHPian

Did a Cherthala-CBE-Cherthala trip. Started on 16th Oct 7.30pm from CBE. Had applied for Short Visit pass under Property management and unlike earlier it was auto approved instantly. Had attached only TN return epass for 18th Oct.

At Walayar one police guy was there sitting and seeing his smartphone. As soon he saw me he got up from his seat but in that fraction of second I crossed as nothing was there in front of my car. I don't know if he was trying to wave at me to go to the epass counter to show the epass.

Toll plaza: No problems at any toll plazas as now I know where the scanners are at all toll plazas. The queue is getting bigger and bigger in the Cash mode and Fastag queue is getting small day by day.

Road condition:
Vadakancherry roads are bad. Especially the service road. Completely broken and till Kuthiran there were couple of surprise potholes. Kuthiran also couple of places road is bad. Kuthiran is back to "Normal". Took almost 20 minutes to cross. Could see police controlling traffic from Thrissur to Palakkad entrance of Kuthiran.

Return journey:
Return journey was a bliss and covered 230 kms in 3.5 hours with one break at Walayar for showing TN epass. Return roads are also good. May be all lorries are coming back empty and the load is less on roads. TN entry point still guarded by many police officials and still they force to show the epass. The officer in the make shift tent notes down pass number, car number and number of occupants.

PS: Had to deal with an ordeal at Cherthala - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4911683 (Ever locked a car with the keys inside?)

Last edited by deemash : 19th October 2020 at 12:12.
deemash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 12:15   #12905
BHPian

Thank you so much! I tried applying just now. After clicking "submit" the site did not confirm if the application got submitted. And the "track your application" option did not throw any results. Did you get any confirmation message soon after submission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Yes, The link is the right one.
I did upload a scanned copy of a paper printed and signed self declaration stating I am visiting Kerala for a particular purpose and assure to return back within 7 days. No specific format. Not sure whether it would be needed now as short passes are also auto approved now.
Old 19th October 2020, 12:36   #12906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Did you get any confirmation message soon after submission?
As soon as I submitted for the epass, I got a popup in the portal that I can download the epass from the SMS sent to the mobile number. When I checked my phone, I had the SMS containing a link to download my visit permit.
deemash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 12:54   #12907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Thank you so much! I tried applying just now. After clicking "submit" the site did not confirm if the application got submitted. And the "track your application" option did not throw any results. Did you get any confirmation message soon after submission?
I did get an SMS telling my application is under process and to click on the link to know the status. After a day, got another sms with a link to download the epass. Now since it is autoapproved, as deemash mentioned, SMS should come immediately. May be you can try reapplying.
sandsun7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 19:41   #12908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
I did get an SMS telling my application is under process and to click on the link to know the status. After a day, got another sms with a link to download the epass. Now since it is autoapproved, as deemash mentioned, SMS should come immediately. May be you can try reapplying.
Yes, now it's instantaneous. As soon as you submit you receive a SMS with link to view your permit.
Old 19th October 2020, 23:37   #12909
BHPian

When traveling on short visit pass, I understand that the stay duration is maximum 8 days. But is inter district travel allowed? My house and my in laws house are in 2 separate districts and we are thinking of staying 4 days each at both houses provided there is no restriction on inter district travel.
Old 20th October 2020, 02:40   #12910

Hello, I understand that there is no quarantine need for visits less than 7 days. My query is about the stay in Kerala during the short visit. Both my parents are 70+ . Is there any restriction to stay with them because of their age?
Old 20th October 2020, 05:39   #12911
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
When traveling on short visit pass, I understand that the stay duration is maximum 8 days. But is inter district travel allowed?
Yep, no problems with inter-district travel. I had taken a short visit pass applied to Malappuram district but drove to my Palakkad home, went to Malappuram later, returned to Palakkad and drove back to Chennai. Since nobody inquired at the checkpost upon my entry, they did not do any follow-ups.

So is the short-visit pass auto generated now without waiting for an approval from the collectorate's office? Asking because I intend to travel this weekend and will have to apply for another short-visit pass.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 09:56   #12912
BHPian

I am planning to drive down to Kerala from Bangalore on the 7th Of Nov. Have applied for TN & KL passes & they have been approved.

I am planning to take Bangalore - Salem-Dindigul-Theni-Kumily - Changanassery. Has any one travelled on these routes recently?

Wanted to check with respect to road conditions and if there are any checkpoint related activities that one needs to be aware off
Old 20th October 2020, 10:40   #12913

Last time I travelled was more than a year back, road work was in progress in KK road that time, post the rains.

If you can move your date to Sunday, Bangalore-Salem- Coimbatore-Palakkad - Aluva - MC Road to Changanacherry is always a better option in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
I am planning to drive down to Kerala from Bangalore on the 7th Of Nov. Have applied for TN & KL passes & they have been approved.

I am planning to take Bangalore - Salem-Dindigul-Theni-Kumily - Changanassery. Has any one travelled on these routes recently?

Wanted to check with respect to road conditions and if there are any checkpoint related activities that one needs to be aware off
Old 20th October 2020, 11:39   #12914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
So is the short-visit pass auto generated now without waiting for an approval from the collectorate's office? Asking because I intend to travel this weekend and will have to apply for another short-visit pass.
Yes, it is auto approved now. You get an SMS to the phone number which you will be using for applying the epass. This SMS contains a link to download the visit permit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisonjose View Post
Hello, I understand that there is no quarantine need for visits less than 7 days. My query is about the stay in Kerala during the short visit. Both my parents are 70+ . Is there any restriction to stay with them because of their age?
No such restrictions. Age does not matter. You can travel with the short visit epass and stay with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
When traveling on short visit pass, I understand that the stay duration is maximum 8 days. But is inter district travel allowed?
As @Gannu_1 told, inter district travel should not be a problem. No such restriction. Whenever I go to KL, I frequent between Alappuzha and Ernakulam districts.
deemash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 12:02   #12915
BHPian

Finally got the Short Visit Pass to travel to Kerala for a period of 7 days. I first applied for Self Declaration on the Jagratha Portal and mentioned the From and To as my home town itself. The pass was auto approved.

Then I applied for Short Visit pass, purpose as Tourism and as documentary proof I submitted the Self Decalaration document. This too was auto approved.

With the elusive Kerala Short visit epass to Ernakulam finally granted I applied for and received the KA->KL and KL->KA Transit Passes from TN's portal.

Finally after almost 8 months I am going to my hometown.
king of cochin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks