Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2007, 17:18   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
planning a trip in the next 45 days to horanadu, now. i want to know if it's worth going to kudremukha from there - no trekking - only to enjoy the drive, and the place. having never been there before, i want to know what i can look forward to.

how are the roads?
You can expect lots of green since its raining roads might be lil bad. but its worth the drive i guess
Old 10th September 2007, 18:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureshS View Post
Thanks guys. I will take your advice and go via the Shimoga route. I have never been on this route before and I also will get to see the bird sanctuary.

S.Suresh
The Mandagadde bird sanctuary is nothing to talk about, anyway it is by the road so no harm is having a look.Just a few pics:

Cheers.
Old 11th September 2007, 16:21   #33

sushrutha,

the road condition once u enter the kudremukh national park is awesome, if u read my last writeup in this thread, u will find that its like a bliss.!!! i mean i didnt know abt the route, bt now i have decided that whenever i go anywhere near that route, i will make sure to traverse inside the park, the greenery, the rock mountains cut to make roads, the awesome roads are all like picture postcard, and at one place if u stop (which actually u should not acc to park rules!!) u can view the full mountain range of kudremukh....its awesome..!! and u can easily do abut 80-90kmph in those curves since the road is that good.....

so anyone travelling from Dharmastala to Sringeri or Horanadu, and u want to drive thru some awesome greenery (apart from Charmadi) then take this route...!!!!!!!
Old 11th September 2007, 16:30   #34

lohit , i guess charmadi u can do anytime of the year on 2-wheeler, but if its car , then guess DSL to HOranadu/Sringeri is better to do via Guruvayanakere-Bajagoli-Kudremukha though its 30km more (120km in all in this route, 90km via Charmadi) but since roads are good u will still do it in about 2.5 hrs or so..... atleast i njoyed the Kudremukh drive...breathtaking !!! ofcourse i want to do the charmadi at some point of time, maybe when rains have stopped and road condition is better, since my car is new, plng to keep it that way atleast for a yr hehe

Regards
Manjunath
Old 11th September 2007, 18:13   #35
Senior - BHPian

[quote=manjunath_c;560414]lohit , i guess charmadi u can do anytime of the year on 2-wheeler, but if its car , then guess DSL to HOranadu/Sringeri is better to do via Guruvayanakere-Bajagoli-Kudremukha though its 30km more (120km in all in this route, 90km via Charmadi) but since roads are good u will still do it in about 2.5 hrs or so..... atleast i njoyed the Kudremukh drive...breathtaking !!! ofcourse i want to do the charmadi at some point of time, maybe when rains have stopped and road condition is better, since my car is new, plng to keep it that way atleast for a yr hehe

Hmmm good.. should try this route sometime
Old 11th September 2007, 18:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjunath_c View Post
sushrutha,

the road condition once u enter the kudremukh national park is awesome, if u read my last writeup in this thread, u will find that its like a bliss.!!! i mean i didnt know abt the route, bt now i have decided that whenever i go anywhere near that route, i will make sure to traverse inside the park, the greenery, the rock mountains cut to make roads, the awesome roads are all like picture postcard, and at one place if u stop (which actually u should not acc to park rules!!) u can view the full mountain range of kudremukh....its awesome..!! and u can easily do abut 80-90kmph in those curves since the road is that good.....

so anyone travelling from Dharmastala to Sringeri or Horanadu, and u want to drive thru some awesome greenery (apart from Charmadi) then take this route...!!!!!!!
Manjunath can you give more info on the route taken by you? thanks
Old 11th September 2007, 18:58   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Manjunath can you give more info on the route taken by you? thanks
Karkala - Bajagoli-SK border - Kudremukha-Kalasa
Vice versa ...
I have said it many a times , Very scenic route
Old 11th September 2007, 19:10   #38
Senior - BHPian

Also try this route if you are coming via Mangalore to Sringeri
Mangalore-Mulki-Udupi-Hebri-Agumbe-Sringeri
Very scenic one toooo
Old 12th September 2007, 12:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Also try this route if you are coming via Mangalore to Sringeri
Mangalore-Mulki-Udupi-Hebri-Agumbe-Sringeri
Very scenic one toooo
Have done this route.... very nice route...

Thanks for the info sushrutha
Old 12th September 2007, 21:58   #40
BHPian

Thanks for the info about Mandagadde Luke Skywalker. I will probably take the Chikmagalur route to Sringeri. A few more questions:

1. Between Chikmagalur to Sringeri are there any decent places for lunch and/or bio break. Will be travelling with family, hence this is important

2. What are the good hotels to eat at Chikmagalur?

3. For my info. What is the ghat section which starts at Kottigehara going towards Kalasa called?

Thanks in advance.

S.Suresh
Old 15th September 2007, 22:21   #41
Senior - BHPian

Well after reading all the posts I'm totally confused. Bangalore to Kukke what route to take? This is kinda urgent as my trip got preponed by a week. Leaving tomorrow morning.
Old 15th September 2007, 22:58   #42
Senior - BHPian

BLR - HASSAN - BELUR - GONIBEED- MUDIGERE-KOTTIGEHAR- UJIRE-DHARMASTHALA - GUNDYA -KUKKE SUBRAMANYA.

How are the roads on this route? Condition wise.
Old 17th September 2007, 12:49   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureshS View Post
Thanks for the info about Mandagadde Luke Skywalker. I will probably take the Chikmagalur route to Sringeri. A few more questions:

1. Between Chikmagalur to Sringeri are there any decent places for lunch and/or bio break. Will be travelling with family, hence this is important

2. What are the good hotels to eat at Chikmagalur?

3. For my info. What is the ghat section which starts at Kottigehara going towards Kalasa called?

Thanks in advance.

S.Suresh
1 & 2.
There aren't many good hotels enroute to sringeri from chickmagalur.
Try the planter's court Chickmagalur ( K.M. Road towards mudigere opposite to KSRTC bus depot)
Now don't hit me for this. Try Taj Garden retreat Chickmagalur ( K M Road towards kadur.. near pavitra vana) ..

3. There isn't any ghats from kottogehara to Kalasa route... it's just lot of twisties, narrow road which passes through beautiful coffee estates n tea estates.

@ vikram_d
BLR - HASSAN (very Good)
HASSAN - BELUR (awesome, Fantastic) But beware of a hump just after hassan ( 10kms from hassan, before hagare).. U'll not find single pothole on this road.
BELUR - GONIBEED- MUDIGERE-KOTTIGEHAR (Good till mudigere... from mudigere till kottigehar .. beware of the potholes)
Kottigehara- UJIRE-DHARMASTHALA - GUNDYA -KUKKE SUBRAMANYA.
Very scenic ... but loads of potholes ....
Old 17th September 2007, 13:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

sushrutha vikram is already in Kukke .
Old 17th September 2007, 22:23   #45
Senior - BHPian

Well I just got to Mangalore after finishing Kukke. The route I took was Mysore - Hunsur - Kushalnagar - Madikere - Sullia - Kukke. The road till a little before Kushalnagar was awesome with small stretches of 2-3 kms being a little bad. From Kushalnagar onwards equal stretches of good & bad roads alternated every 4-6 kms. From Kukke came onto NH48 for Mangalore. Heading to Udupi tomorrow & from there onto Malpe beach for a couple of days of sun, sand & beer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks