Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2007, 15:48   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
We did took the Vijaywada route, its a heaven till Vijaywada and a few ten km more, after which its a little messy. But still, you end up coverin distance quite fast:

Chennai - Gudur : 137km (2 hrs )
Gudur - Ongole : 176km (2.5 hrs)
Ongole - Guntur : 106 ( 1.5 hrs)
Guntur - Vijaywada : 32km (0.5 hrs)

From chennai to Vijaywada, 557km will take 8.5 hrs including breaks.
From Vijaywada, HYD is another 238km, 4.5 hrs including breaks

Total distance :795km, 13hrs.
BunnyPunia:
Chennai - Vijayawada doesn't add up to 557 km, but 451 km as you have broken down; which (451km) by the way is accurate.

envyravi:
We did Chennai - Vijayawada early this month. Started at 9.30 am (Anna Nagar) and reached Vijayawada 4.00pm - i.e. 6.5 hours with 3 tea/sutta breaks and 1 lunch break.

My brother & I did this trip in an Accent (petrol); didn't want to cross 130kmph - were generally in the region of 100 to 110kmph.

Excellent highway, but please take care of the tractors, autorickshaws that come on the wrong side and plenty of cows that are happily herded across the highway. Also be careful with the trucks that you would overtake - make sure by honking away till the truck driver sees you coming behind before you attempt overtaking. We had a near-miss with one idiotic truck driver started changing lanes when we were overtaking him and that was for absolutely no reason. I figured out that these truck drivers just don't bother to look in their rear-view mirrors.

BTW, the toll amounted to Rs.240 one way.
Old 8th September 2007, 19:48   #17
BHPian

please update the route conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by envyravi View Post
Hi,

I didnt knew there were so many routes.Thanks to you all, from your experiences I have ruled out:

HYD-VJA route- heavy traffic
NKTPLLY-Nalgonda-Macherla route-too many villages and speed breakers
Anantpur-Gooty- bad road.

The Sagar-Macherla-Ongole-Nellore route seems to be the best option. On the return, I have to stop at Vijayawada to visit my relatives. Which is the best route to H'bad, from Vijayawada, other than the VJA-HYD highway. I will be starting on 14th afternoon.

envyravi
Ravi

I would like to know how you found the (Hyd-Sagar-Macherla-Addanki or whatever you have taken to Chennai) route to be. I am likely to take on of those routes in a weeks time and return a couple of days later.
Old 14th September 2007, 09:57   #18
BHPian

hi guys,

need an urgent hep pls, what is the fastest route from chennai to hyderabad?

It will be great if you can give as many intermediate points as possible and the total distance

thanks,

PS: I need to travel in 30 minutes!!! :-)
Old 14th September 2007, 10:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
hi guys,

It will be great if you can give as many intermediate points as possible and the total distance

thanks,

You didnt tell me when do u want to reach Hyd, today or tomorrow, assuming you are in a hurry and want to reach there today and you are new to the route, then take the Vijayawada route...

Proxima, if you take the road at 10:30AM, you will reach Vijayawada at 5PM (deduct some time to neogtiate chennai traffic and 30min lunch break at Ongole A1 Plaza), You have drive very steadily throughout...

Now the actual problem starts in the Vijayawada - Hyd, try to make as much distance there before darkness...

Abhi
Old 14th September 2007, 10:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
You didnt tell me when do u want to reach Hyd, today or tomorrow, assuming you are in a hurry and want to reach there today and you are new to the route, then take the Vijayawada route...

Proxima, if you take the road at 10:30AM, you will reach Vijayawada at 5PM (deduct some time to neogtiate chennai traffic and 30min lunch break at Ongole A1 Plaza), You have drive very steadily throughout...

Now the actual problem starts in the Vijayawada - Hyd, try to make as much distance there before darkness...

Abhi
Thanks AKRoy and Pradeep for helping, Im taking this route:
Hyderabad-Nagarjuna Sagar-Piduguralla-Narasaraopet-Chilakalurpet-Ongole-Nellore-chennai

Last edited by Proxima : 14th September 2007 at 10:09.
Old 3rd December 2007, 21:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks AKRoy and Pradeep for helping, Im taking this route:
Hyderabad-Nagarjuna Sagar-Piduguralla-Narasaraopet-Chilakalurpet-Ongole-Nellore-chennai
Hi Proxima,

Which route did you finally take,and do you have any updates for us?
Old 5th December 2007, 15:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi guys,

You gotta travel in a Su-30 or an F-16 in that case
Old 5th December 2007, 18:59   #23
BHPian

Dear All,

I have a different a suggestion.

Chennai-Ranipettai-Chittor-Pileru-Rayachoti-Cuddapah-Nandiyal-Kurnool-Jadcherla-Hyderabad.

While returning from Baroda, I have choosen this route.

Route between Hyderabad to Kurnool is 210 Kms and should take 3.5 hrs. 4 way laning is in full swing.

Route from Kurnool-Chennai 530 Kms. Majority of the route is conventional 2 lane. PLs note there is absolutely no traffic in this route. Roads are excellent. You can really cruise above 100 Kms per hour. I have taken just 6.5 hrs to cross 530 kms to reach Chennai.

Stop at Cuddapah/Kurnool for refreshment and food. State government restaurant on Cuddapah bye-pass has best in class toilets with good foods at a moderate price.

Let me know your feedback.
Old 5th December 2007, 22:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Dhanasekaran. But when did you travel?
Old 6th December 2007, 19:23   #25
BHPian

Hello, the date was 30th November 2007,Firday.
Old 7th December 2007, 13:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a ton, Dhanasekaran. I suppose that State Highway is devoid of speed-breakers, going by the speed that you have driven.
I hope it is not a dacoit infested route, too.

Any ideas?
Old 7th December 2007, 13:51   #27
Team-BHP Support

Can't add much to the query except for a word of caution. Be very careful on ghat sections. I have seen so many taxi cab drivers and HTVs overtaking on blind curves. Many times the berms are in bad shape.
Old 7th December 2007, 14:47   #28
BANNED

If you're taking NH18 or NH205, make sure you travel during daytime. Makes it easier to spot sections under construction or repair. These sectors in AP are generally devoid of traffic, esp. in the afternoons and as tsk1979 said, be cautious on the ghats.
Old 7th December 2007, 16:14   #29
BHPian

I was mentioning about NH-18. The ghat section after Cuddapah has 5 kms distance and still the roads are excellent.
Old 7th December 2007, 22:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanasekaran View Post
I was mentioning about NH-18. The ghat section after Cuddapah has 5 kms distance and still the roads are excellent.
Thanks. Is there any forest stretch on the way? So I suppose I have to travel on Bangalore highway (NH 7) till Kurnool, and then turn left to NH-18, and perhaps join Chennai via NH-5?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks