Old 26th June 2008, 16:36   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That's an avtaar not a profile
Oops, my bad !
Old 26th June 2008, 17:20   #77
BHPian

Took the Hyderabad > Narkatpally > Nalgonda byepass > Miryalguda > Piddugurala > Addanki > Ongole > Nellore > Red Hills route to Chennai on the 20th and returned back on the 23rd via the same route. Total distance one way (from Kukatpally, Hyderabad to Ashoknagar, Chennai) was 623 kms.

Out of this 623 kms around 100 kms would take you to Nalgonda byepass, roads are good except for the traffic till Narkatpally, being the notorious Vijayawada Highway. After Narkatpally, there is no traffic as such. The only hampering factors being the sudden appearance of a speed breaker out of nowhere. The key to this as mentioned by Zappo and bblost here before is to maintain average speeds and not be tempted by the empty stretches. A clue to the existence of these speed breakers, which are unmarked by white paint stripes or any such thing, is to look for dwellings. The moment you see a couple of houses just ease out on the accelerator and move foot towards the brake pedal (depending on the speed you are in).

Potholes, yes, but not too damaging until and after Piddugurala. Its after Piddigurala that the menacing ones challenge you. Don't even think about accepting the challenge. I tried but lost pathetically, with a bent and cracked 15" Plati. Check the snap attached herein to give you a fair idea about the respect the pothole got from a lorry coming from the opposite direction. This series of potholes is bang after a right hand curve after Piddigurala enroute to Addanki. Will post a snap of my bent/cracked rim later.

After Addanki everyone knows NH5 is a breeze. The speed limit is around a 100kmph and even if there is traffic one could weave his way around the slower trucks for they hardly stick to the slow lane.

Overall, once you do this stretch and familiarize yourself it's the ideal route to Chennai, with travel times considerably reduced.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad - Chennai : Route Queries-img00413.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2008, 17:36   #78
Senior - BHPian

hi guys,
I travelled from chennai to hyderabad on june 28th in my indica DLG turbo. I intended to take chennai, ongole, addanki, macherla, sagar and hyderabad but i accidentally took route to from piduguralla to miriyalaguda and there after i proceeded to narketpally hyderabad.

I took about 10 hours from city outskirts to outskirts and about 11 hours from perungudi chennai to vanasthalipuram hyderabad. This was with 4 breaks enroute 3 for tea,1 for breakfast and 1 for lunch.

One can maintain an average speed of 75 kmph including breaks. I touched 120 kmph ocassionally across good streatches. Thereafter the speed fell down to 60 kmph average driving at 80 kmph through addanki piduguralla. From narketpally the speed fell down teribelly being vijaywada highway.

Cautions-

1. Ask the right person and recheck from piduguralla as the one whom i asked misguided me to miriyalaguda route. Try the other route if u want

2. from addanki to piduguralla is a rim breaker. Be careful of sudden craters

3. Numerous speed breakers and some are very tall. low riding cars will hit them definately

4. Never take through vijaywada, terribelly conjested and unsafe.

My car gave a mileage of 16kmpl, very low considering it is indica. We were 3 onboard and a suitcase on top of luggage rack. I get 13.5 to 14 in city.

Happy motoring
Old 3rd July 2008, 07:07   #79
BHPian

Hi,

I will be relocating from hyderabad to chennai next week. I was originally planning on taking the Hyderabad-Miriyalguda-Addanki-Chennai route. But after reading vinod's post, I am skeptical about it. I am starting to fear if my Baleno would hit the speed breakers.

I have been wanting to do the route Hyderabad-Kurnool-Nandyal-Cuddapah-Rajampeta-Renigunta-Tirittani-Tiruvallur-Chennai. I believe the buses from hyderabad to chennai were doing this route some time back (read 2-3 years back), not sure if that is still the case. Any information on the road conditions along this route. Please help.

OT: How long does it take to get a NOC from Ranga Reddy dist for a four wheeler. What is the procedure? Help . I want to do this before I leave for chennai, as it might not be possible for me to come back later just for the NOC. Any ideas/suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Dwarak
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:27   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarakv View Post
OT: How long does it take to get a NOC from Ranga Reddy dist for a four wheeler. What is the procedure? Help . I want to do this before I leave for chennai, as it might not be possible for me to come back later just for the NOC. Any ideas/suggestions welcome.
Please post this in the NOC thread and you will get help quicker

Suren, that was a good report on the road conditions and route. What was the average on the highway?
Old 8th July 2008, 12:58   #81
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning for a long drive back home from Bangalore to Kolkata
Can Some one please help me with the Shortest & better Route ??
Is it good to go from chennai or Tirupati?? to touch Vijayawada
Old 8th July 2008, 13:50   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Hi All,

I am planning for a long drive back home from Bangalore to Kolkata
Can Some one please help me with the Shortest & better Route ??
Is it good to go from chennai or Tirupati?? to touch Vijayawada
There is only one route.

Hope the following travelogue helps:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...e-kolkata.html

Abhi
Old 8th July 2008, 14:09   #83
Team-BHP Support

I started writing this and then found the excellent writeup by akroy.

makes this info redundant but maybe it might help
Check out mapmyindia.com.
You can enter the from, to and via information and it displays a map for you.

Via Chennai:(1974 kms)
MapmyIndia - maps, directions, and local search across India - just search, print and go!
Old 8th July 2008, 14:10   #84
Team-BHP Support

Aah! Another one going Abhi's way. Great. Don't forget to update us on your journey.

By the way Abhi, why can not one take the route via Hyderabad? I mean come till Shamshabad and then instead of entering Hyderabad just take the right from Aramghar junction and head for Vijayawada-Vizag-Kolkata. I do not know if it really adds a lot many kms though.
Old 8th July 2008, 14:26   #85
Team-BHP Support

I guess the biggest issue with taking Hyderabad is that the road from Bangalore to Hyderabad is good and Hyd -> Vijayawada is just about ok.
But the road from Chennai to Orissa is AWESOME.
Old 8th July 2008, 15:44   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
By the way Abhi, why can not one take the route via Hyderabad? I mean come till Shamshabad and then instead of entering Hyderabad just take the right from Aramghar junction and head for Vijayawada-Vizag-Kolkata. I do not know if it really adds a lot many kms though.
Ya it adds lots of kilometers plus time too.

Blr - Samshabad - 570 km (min. 10 hours)
Shamshabad - Vijayawada - 260km (min 4 hours)

now,
Blr - naidupet - 330 km (max 5-6 hours, leisure driving)
naidupet - Vijayawada - 300 km (max 3.5 hours, all in GQ)

Now you can guess the change in distances as well as timings. Even if you take Suryapet route to Rajahmundry then also timings and fatigue will be much more that compared the route I went.

If you are going for a very long drive (like this one, 2000km one way) it is always better to avoid bigger cities. Thats the reason I didnt enter Rajahmundry and continued through NH5 eventhough it was 50km longer. It saved me from fatigue as well as time.

Abhi

Last edited by akroy : 8th July 2008 at 15:49.
Old 11th September 2008, 16:06   #87
BHPian

Any updates on this route condition. I want to do Srisailam also in this trip. Any other suggestions are welcome for a week long.
Old 14th September 2008, 12:26   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanasekaran View Post
Which vehicle would you be using? It matters a lot. There are roughly 4 routes available and it depends purely upon the vehicle.

Chennai-Ongole-Pidiguralla-Narkatpally-Hyd

Chennai-Renigunta-Cuddapah-Kurnool-Hyd

Chennai-Chittoor-Cuddapah-Kurnool-Hyd

Chennai-Chittoor-Kadhari-Gooty-Kurnool-Hyd

Roughly 80~90Kms is the difference between each routes. Choose according to your preference.

Also look at MapmyIndia - maps, directions, and local search across India - just search, print and go! for detailed route plan.
By the way in that first route you can stop in Pidugurall for good food , Ie @ Kahleel Dhaba for food and drinks. ( basically my family is from Piduguralla , While coming form Ongole , jest after passing Piduguralla town ,left of the road you can find this Dhaba, ) Thare is separate Family section room is there, Don’t forget to taste curd rice at last
One more thing After passing Piduguralla - After Dachepally town take left turn -Rentachintala - Macherla - Nagarjuna Sagar - Mallepalli - Maal - Hyderabad.
This Route is very good with out any traffic, even roads also good.
Old 14th September 2008, 22:44   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by potlaravi View Post
By the way in that first route you can stop in Pidugurall for good food , Ie @ Kahleel Dhaba for food and drinks. ( basically my family is from Piduguralla , While coming form Ongole , jest after passing Piduguralla town ,left of the road you can find this Dhaba, ) Thare is separate Family section room is there, Don’t forget to taste curd rice at last
One more thing After passing Piduguralla - After Dachepally town take left turn -Rentachintala - Macherla - Nagarjuna Sagar - Mallepalli - Maal - Hyderabad.
This Route is very good with out any traffic, even roads also good.
I did Narketpally-Pidiguraalla-Addanki- Ongole on 18th Jul 08. Its in the same shape as I had mentioned in one of the earlier threads. Between Pidiguraalla and Addanki it needed extreme caution during rains. The road looks smooth and good and suddenly there is a pot hole a couple of feet deep. Driving was actually worse as it was midnight and was drizzling a bit too. Aside from this stretch the roads were good minus speed bumps. After a coupleof months and much more rain I believe the surface would have become worse.

forgot to add, it took me 10 Teas and 10:30 hours for 408 KMs (a little beyond Ongole) from Hyderabad starting at 9:00 P.M.

Last edited by sreenivass : 14th September 2008 at 22:47.
Old 14th September 2008, 23:18   #90
BHPian

How is Ongole to Sirsi ? and then from Sirsi to Hyd what is the route ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks