Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2022, 22:39   #5686
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Didn't you stop for a lunch later? How is the breakfast at Apoorva and at what time where you there?
The place usually opens at 7. So if you start by 4 you should be there by about 715 to 730.

To set some doubts aside, you can easily cover this distance in good time. Trick of course is go past Tumkur as early as possible. And then its smooth sailing.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 23:15   #5687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Didn't you stop for a lunch later? How is the breakfast at Apoorva and at what time where you there?
To add to what Ampere shared, Apoorva has good food and is a well maintained property. Depending on when you are starting, you can also look at Ganesh hotel which is another 1.5 hours away from Apoorva.

During the Aug 15 long weekend, I started from Bellandur around 5:30am, crossed Chitradurga by 8:30 and Dharwad by 11:30. This includes a 30-40 min break. Ended the day at Benaulim by 4.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 01:49   #5688
BHPian

Quote:
Now this is one relieving post.

Yes, like BHPians said above, the bad stretches are known where exactly they are and hence should not be a problem. Is it possible to put on the map and share the 20 or so Kms stretch where the road is bad?

May I ask you where exactly is this place in Old Goa that you reached at 3:10? Just trying to see how much more it will take for me to my destination from there and use this same route.

The bad stretches are mostly around the railway crossings and Tinai ghat section. Will try providing a map soon.

I was at the Old Goa Churches around 3.10 pm. This was via the Mollem - Ponda - Corlim route. It was a Sunday afternoon which probably explained the empty roads in Goa.

Left HSR at 5.40 am and was at Apoorva at 9.15 for a 45 mins break. They serve really good Benne dosa which I would recommend; not too many other breakfast options though. I am assuming their Benne dosa has a good demand which is why they stopped serving some of the other items. We usually do not stop for lunch again and prefer to drive straight on. All that butter does take its toll The place opens around 7.30 am and will take ~3.5 hours to reach from Blr.
Chinmayd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 12:50   #5689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
To add to what Ampere shared, Apoorva has good food and is a well maintained property. Depending on when you are starting, you can also look at Ganesh hotel which is another 1.5 hours away from Apoorva.

During the Aug 15 long weekend, I started from Bellandur around 5:30am, crossed Chitradurga by 8:30 and Dharwad by 11:30. This includes a 30-40 min break. Ended the day at Benaulim by 4.
I definitely agree about Ganesh. Their Dosas are definitely better than the idlis and should not be missed!
Try parking closer to their stairs because it gets very muddy and slippery when it is raining and getting in will be an adventure in itself.
normaltusker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 13:12   #5690
BHPian

Hello friends, Planning a family trip to Calangute from Bangalore Marathhalli area. I am looking for a good route having good restaurants for breakfast and lunch (onward / return) if anyone can lead me to related threads it would be great.

Thank you!!
Old 2nd September 2022, 14:17   #5691
BHPian

Just returned from a BLR-GOA-BLR trip.
We left on the 27th and risked the Anmod ghat route. I had read all the posts about the road conditions and we managed to clear most without scraping the car. There was one however, that needed all passengers to disembark and even then there was some minor scraping. All said - sedans will have a torturous time with uncertainty as the size and depth of potholes keep changing with the heavy vehicle traffic and rain.

On the return (1st Sep), we turned off at Castlerock road which comes immediately after the KA police checkpost at Anmod. This route is longer and narrower but in fairly good condition. It meets Ramnagar in a slightly circuitous manner but the countryside was amazingly pristine. Absolutely no issues faced. Highly recommended for small cars and sedans.

Apoorva Resorts at Davengere was the pitstop both ways. Good clean place - food was nice too.
Attached Images

Last edited by viper_711 : 2nd September 2022 at 14:19.
viper_711 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 15:14   #5692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
you can also look at Ganesh hotel which is another 1.5 hours away from Apoorva.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
I definitely agree about Ganesh.
Can you help locate this hotel on the map? A search throws several other Ganesh hotels except this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
On the return (1st Sep), we turned off at Castlerock road which comes immediately after the KA police checkpost at Anmod. This route is longer and narrower but in fairly good condition.
Is this that ~20 Kms stretch that is in bad shape. Someone has marked a spot in gmap about a ditch . Is that the one you had to deal with?

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-screenshot-20220902-151037.jpg
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 15:33   #5693
BHPian

Quote:

Is this that ~20 Kms stretch that is in bad shape. Someone has marked a spot in gmap about a ditch . Is that the one you had to deal with?

Attachment 2353657
Yes, all the 'ditches' are in this stretch. Takes time to cross them one vehicle at a time. The return route we took bypasses all this. It's a longer drive but time taken was probably less.
viper_711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 15:48   #5694
BHPian

Quote:
Can you help locate this hotel on the map? A search throws several other Ganesh hotels except this.

Attachment 2353657
Here you go -> https://g.page/ganesh-hotel-karnataka?share
normaltusker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 21:36   #5695

I just completed a BLR - GOA - BLR trip today. While I will share detailed notes from the trip too, I did a BLR - Jog Falls - Gokarna (night stay) - Goa on the onward journey, and have a perfectly peaceful trip in terms of road quality, no potholes or any issues whatsover. So anyone looking to do a break journey can definitely explore this option.
sudeepmehrotra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 08:42   #5696

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepmehrotra View Post
I just completed a BLR - GOA - BLR trip today. While I will share detailed notes from the trip too, I did a BLR - Jog Falls - Gokarna (night stay) - Goa on the onward journey, and have a perfectly peaceful trip in terms of road quality, no potholes or any issues whatsover. So anyone looking to do a break journey can definitely explore this option.
I realised I missed some important pieces of information here. The BLR - Jog Falls route was via NH48, crossing Chitradurga - Davanagere - Ranebennur and a left from there towards Jog Falls. I was lucky that google suggested this route (though a bit longer), but the slightly shorter route via Shimoga has some pretty bad patches of roads (which I experienced on my way back).
sudeepmehrotra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 17:09   #5697
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Can anyone share a route from Blr to Goa which can be more or less pothole free. A friend of mine ( newbie driver ) just came back and told that the roads are in terrible condition.
He is going to Goa next week, and will have infants and old people, so asking for the best route.
Thanks in advance!!
Old 5th September 2022, 18:29   #5698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Hi Friends,

Can anyone share a route from Blr to Goa which can be more or less pothole free. A friend of mine ( newbie driver ) just came back and told that the roads are in terrible condition.
He is going to Goa next week, and will have infants and old people, so asking for the best route.
Thanks in advance!!
I'm heading to Goa later this week and planning to take the Hubli - Ramnagar -Castlerock - Anmod - Mollem route as suggested by viper_711. This will avoid the crater riddled Tinai ghat stretch. Driving an Octavia and hoping it can manage this route.
Old 9th September 2022, 08:52   #5699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramk View Post
I'm heading to Goa later this week and planning to take the Hubli - Ramnagar -Castlerock - Anmod - Mollem route
How did it go? Any latest update on this?
Old 9th September 2022, 11:31   #5700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I definitely agree about Ganesh. Their Dosas are definitely better than the idlis and should not be missed!
Quote:
If the breakfast is done at Ganesh, is there a restaurant recommendation for the next Lunch stop if taking Hubli - Ramnagar - Anmod - Ponda - North Goa route?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks