Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2022, 12:13   #5701
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
If the breakfast is done at Ganesh, is there a restaurant recommendation for the next Lunch stop if taking Hubli - Ramnagar - Anmod - Ponda - North Goa route?
Not really. We had started at around 4 in the morning so we were in Goa by late lunch time (approx 3 PM).
normaltusker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 13:49   #5702
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If the breakfast is done at Ganesh, is there a restaurant recommendation for the next Lunch stop if taking Hubli - Ramnagar - Anmod - Ponda - North Goa route?
We searched for a place on the go and found this place in Ramnagar. Very small, right on the main road junction but the food was excellent (we had meals and biriyani).

Pranaam Restaurant
https://maps.app.goo.gl/z3YSvdckkATuAKc17
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 14:03   #5703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Pranaam Restaurant
Thank you.

This looks to be only 2hrs away from the Ganesh hotel, from where I am planning the breakfast. Will book mark anyway in case if plan changes.

Looking for something near Goa entry.
Old 9th September 2022, 14:11   #5704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you.

This looks to be only 2hrs away from the Ganesh hotel, from where I am planning the breakfast. Will book mark anyway in case if plan changes.

My breakfast halt was at Shiva hotel here:

Shiva Dhaba
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Dg6h67r6ioDrrpYb6

We were also carrying some food and as such, half of us didn't eat at Shiva too. Ramnagar was perfect break point for us. Since Ganesh hotel is a 5 hr drive from Bangalore and with a kid with us, we had to prepone our breakfast break point.

Last edited by ashis89 : 9th September 2022 at 14:16.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 16:39   #5705
BHPian

If one is going to North Goa (Morjim), will it make more sense to travel via Chorla Ghat, instead of turing towards Anmod after Dharwad ?

Last edited by hsroy : 9th September 2022 at 16:51.
Old 9th September 2022, 18:11   #5706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsroy View Post
If one is going to North Goa (Morjim), will it make more sense to travel via Chorla Ghat, instead of turing towards Anmod after Dharwad ?
Condition of Chorla vs Anmod ghat is not that different. You will spend more time on good Goa roads if you take Anmod route. For Chorla you need to go further north. You have to go through rough roads of KA in both cases as soon as you leave NH48. I will go with Anmod but my speed will be reduced once in Goa to reach that destination. You can select any one here but I took Chorla from Belgaum on 22nd August and other than KA side ghat road rest of the road was good. Not sure how you plan to take Chorla ghat if chosen.
Anmod was terrible on 23rd August as far as the most infamous 8KM on KA side. Again for both routes you need to go through some agony for sure. I hope you have car with huge GC to be safe.
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 19:46   #5707
BHPian

So I guess the tried and tested Anmod ghat route will be better bet (take the diversion via Castlerock as suggested by some).
Old 9th September 2022, 23:46   #5708

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post

On the return (1st Sep), we turned off at Castlerock road which comes immediately after the KA police checkpost at Anmod. This route is longer and narrower but in fairly good condition. It meets Ramnagar in a slightly circuitous manner but the countryside was amazingly pristine. Absolutely no issues faced. Highly recommended for small cars and sedans.
Thank you so much. I took this route on 5th Sep, back to Bangalore from Benaulim, GA. Found this route to be much better, though the roads are slightly narrow but definitely better than other options.

Only issues was, there was no mobile network/connectivity for most part of this stretch.
Old 10th September 2022, 05:31   #5709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Singh1 View Post
Thank you so much. I took this route on 5th Sep, back to Bangalore from Benaulim, GA. Found this route to be much better, though the roads are slightly narrow but definitely better than other options.

Only issues was, there was no mobile network/connectivity for most part of this stretch.
Is this the one you are referring to? It seems quite a bit of diversion.
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-screenshot_2022091005291357_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Old 10th September 2022, 11:02   #5710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsroy View Post
So I guess the tried and tested Anmod ghat route will be better bet
When are you planning to travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Singh1 View Post
Found this route to be much better, though the roads are slightly narrow but definitely better than other options.
Apart from this bypassed stretch, are there any issues with the road anywhere else in the whole drive from B'lore.

I am planning to take the usual Ramnagar - Anmod stretch while going and if it turns out to be really bad, will try this bypass stretch during the return.
Old 10th September 2022, 11:32   #5711
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you.

From Ramnagar to Panjim I had taken 2.5 hrs with couple of photo stops in between & I am a slow driver. This should give you some indication about the time needed to drive that stretch. But this was pre-monsoon, so not sure of road condition now
thirugata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 12:20   #5712

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Is this the one you are referring to? It seems quite a bit of diversion.
Attachment 2356972
No, you can refer to the attached image.
Attached Images

Raja Singh1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 12:22   #5713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is one option in Mollem, but don't know if they serve lunch to walk-in guests, i.e. those that aren't staying there. But you could call and check.

https://dudhsagarsparesort.com/contact-us/
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 12:23   #5714

Apart from this bypassed stretch, are there any issues with the road anywhere else in the whole drive from B'lore.
[/quote]

Watch out for the Potholes around Tumkur, KA. Apart from these did not encounter any issues.
Raja Singh1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 18:54   #5715
BHPian

Quote:
How did it go? Any latest update on this?
We did the Ramnagar - Asu - Castlerock diversion towards Anmod Ghat and it was a really pleasant experience. The roads though single lane appear to be newly laid and the route is really scenic as well. For almost the entire stretch, there's no mobile connectivity and if using phone based navigation, it's recommended to start that at Ramnagar.

The route adds about 10kms to the total distance but given the conditions on Tinai (saw a trailer at the place where the Castlerock road meets NH748 ), I would wager it doesn't take more time.

More details with pictures to follow.
vikramk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks