Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2011, 00:02   #1381
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

I am so confused for the fact that my Banglr - Goa road trip is in planning jeopardy state.

We are planning for a 5 day April trip, we have to be back by 5th night 10 pm to Bangalore to catch our return train.

Here is my problem.
1. We will be able to start from Bangalore only by 5:30-6 am. As that is the time when our train from Chennai will reach Bangalore. Not sure if we will be able to make it to Goa within this time. We are trying not to waste one day staying in between.

2. Bigger confusion is the route: Many people here do prefer the Bangalore - Hubli - Ankola - Karwar - Goa route.
I have people recommending Bangalore - Dharward - Belgaum - Ponda - Panaji route.
Not sure which route I have to take, especially given the fact that it would be aroun 8 pm that I would be reaching Goa.
Does anyone have anyone have any idea on which of these routes are safer?
If both are not safe what other option do I have ?

3. Has anyone tried Adventure sports in Goa, that is the main reason we are going there a. for Adventure sport and b.Discs/bars
Do people have recommendation for this interests?

4. I did see few travel feedbacks, I have PMd few people of questions. Please help?
Old 28th March 2011, 08:06   #1382
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post

2. Bigger confusion is the route: Many people here do prefer the Bangalore - Hubli - Ankola - Karwar - Goa route.
I have people recommending Bangalore - Dharward - Belgaum - Ponda - Panaji route.
Not sure which route I have to take, especially given the fact that it would be aroun 8 pm that I would be reaching Goa.
The route via Ankola is a good route, with hotels/breaks areas at regular places. Condition is good. You can take this route. If you are on the road to Goa first time, I would advise the Ankola route.

Quote:
3. Has anyone tried Adventure sports in Goa, that is the main reason we are going there a. for Adventure sport and b.Discs/bars
Cannot recommend any (dont remember), but I did para-sailing quite some years back, where you are hauled by a speed boat with you on parachute. It was fun. Dont remember which beach was that. I guess others would be able to help.
Old 28th March 2011, 10:14   #1383
BANNED

Quote:
1. We will be able to start from Bangalore only by 5:30-6 am. As that is the time when our train from Chennai will reach Bangalore. Not sure if we will be able to make it to Goa within this time. We are trying not to waste one day staying in between.
Take 12 hours of total journey time between Blore and Goa.

Quote:
Safe in what sense? You need to be a good driver. If you drive rashly even an empty road is dangerous. If you are worried about mugging and dacoits - Well this is not Bangalore . Nothing of this sort happens. Only issue could be the dacoits in government outposts along the Karanataka -Goa Border on the Karanataka side, you could also call them beggars.

Quote:
Frankly speaking this is not regularized and most of them are run by unorganized folks.

They allow drunken tourists to get on and most times things end up in tragedy. So choose a good one before you go in.

Quote:
Please help?
Replied.
Old 28th March 2011, 10:47   #1384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is my problem.
You can choose the route depending on the destination,
for south goa - best and recommend route is through ankola karvar
for north goa you may choose either of the 2

It does not take more than 12 hours to reach goa i mean enter goa , by any route you choose.
Old 29th March 2011, 00:28   #1385
Senior - BHPian

Guys, really thanks for all the responses.
Since I am going to the north Goa, like mentioned by most planning to go thro planning to go Belgaum - Amboli - Sawantwadi - Goa route.

Frankly we are thinking we will take a call once we reach Hubli, I am seeing half of the people recommending Karwar route and other half recommending Belgaum (bypass) route.

We are thinking we will see what time we reach Hubli and then take a call from there on.
Old 5th April 2011, 16:33   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, really thanks for all the responses.
Since I am going to the north Goa, like mentioned by most planning to go thro planning to go Belgaum - Amboli - Sawantwadi - Goa route.

Frankly we are thinking we will take a call once we reach Hubli, I am seeing half of the people recommending Karwar route and other half recommending Belgaum (bypass) route.

We are thinking we will see what time we reach Hubli and then take a call from there on.
If you are going to North Goa then Belgaum - Amboli - Sawantwadi - Goa route is also good. I live near Mapusa so take this route. Duration is around 10-12 hrs with breaks

I am not able to respond to your PM as I believe it is blocked for me.

Last edited by diogo : 5th April 2011 at 16:40.
Old 5th April 2011, 19:06   #1387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did para-sailing quite some years back, where you are hauled by a speed boat with you on parachute. It was fun. Dont remember which beach was that.
Saw one such in Colva when we visited in late 2008.
Old 6th April 2011, 02:31   #1388
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, you can try both Calangute and Baga for adventure sports. Would personally recommend Baga beach.

As for route , Hubli - Yellapur - Karwar - Goa should be your best bet. Better road conditions compared to the other.
Old 6th April 2011, 10:20   #1389
Senior - BHPian

Xingamazon,

Not to add to the confusion. Hers are my two cents.

If you are staying in North Goa, i would always recommend the route via Belgaum - Amboli - Savantvadi. I have taken this route many times. There is not much of traffic on this orad and you will be able to see beautiful Amboli valley, waterfalls etc. This will help you in not cutting through entire Goa to reach Panjim if you are coming via Karwar. Being double lane road, the speed between Karwar and Panjim will be slow specially in the mornings and evenings. You can avoid this.

If your plan is to stay in South Goa - Colva - Majorda, Benaulim, Varca, Cavalossim or Palolem - it makes sense to come via karwar.

If you want action - Watersport, Discos etc - choose North Goa (Baga, Anjuna and calangute - All these beaches are next to each other). If you want peaceful holiday, then South Goa.

Enjoy your holiday. Take good Sun screen lotion. Sun will be harsh bewteen 11 AM and 4 PM. This is the time you can use for sightseeing
Old 6th April 2011, 12:02   #1390
BHPian

Quote:
Hi XA,

Like the other have suggested, Baga is the place to be. Especially will the Season almost coming to an end, the major adventure sports like- Parasailing, Banana boatride, WaterScooter,etc will mainly be available at Baga beach.
for bars and discs will suggest the following- 9Bar (7pm-10pm only) at Vagator, Titos at Baga. Lot of places to eat though, like Brittos, Souza Lobo, Alexandra. Let me know if you need any other info.
Cheers!
Varun
Old 11th April 2011, 20:57   #1391

Am Planning to make a road trip with my brother on 21st of April from Bangalore (Marthahalli) on our FZ-S. We are starting at 3AM in the morning. Any of you suggest a Short n Good route.
Old 13th April 2011, 16:26   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinaush View Post
Am Planning to make a road trip with my brother on 21st of April from Bangalore (Marthahalli) on our FZ-S. We are starting at 3AM in the morning. Any of you suggest a Short n Good route.
If you are going to North Goa then Belgaum - Amboli - Sawantwadi - Goa route is recommend there is not much of traffic on this route and you will be able to see beautiful Amboli valley, waterfalls etc. Not sure now because of summer.

Hubli - Yellapur - Karwar - Goa should be your best route always. Better road conditions compared to the other.

Since you are driving via byke take extra care like knee caps and of course a good helmet.

If you both are traveling on the same byke it will be a bit hectic since you will carry some luggage as well.
Old 15th April 2011, 12:47   #1393
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning to travel to Goa next weekend. This trip is to visit Sri Damodar Samstan, Zambaulim. Planning to take the Bangalore-Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Karwar-Goa.

The query i have is - Should i travel to Madgaon and then go via Quepem to Zambaulim or is there any other route after one enters Goa.

Google maps shows a route from Cuncolim to Zambaulim without going through Madgaon. Not sure if the road condition on this stretch. Request team members to throw some light on this.
Old 15th April 2011, 13:11   #1394
Senior - BHPian

My recommendation is to do Madgaon - Quepem route as this road is quite good. Not sure about the other road you have mentioned.
Old 16th April 2011, 07:18   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
Hi All,

I am planning to travel to Goa next weekend. This trip is to visit Sri Damodar Samstan, Zambaulim. Planning to take the Bangalore-Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Karwar-Goa.

The query i have is - Should i travel to Madgaon and then go via Quepem to Zambaulim or is there any other route after one enters Goa.

Google maps shows a route from Cuncolim to Zambaulim without going through Madgaon. Not sure if the road condition on this stretch. Request team members to throw some light on this.
Cuncolim is on the way, around 13-14km before Margao when you take the above route so you do not have to go upto Margao.

Most Viewed