Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 10:44   #1141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
What will be the best route to reach Candolim, Goa? It will be a night drive starting from Bangalore at 6pm.
Via Amboli is the best route for Candolim. Karwar is best avoidable as there will be lot of mining truck traffic in the night. You can reach Candolim from Mapusa, you may need to ask for directions. There is a deviation from Mapusa-Panjim road.Not sure if you can find anybody on the road the time you reach Goa.
Old 8th July 2010, 10:56   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
What will be the best route to reach Candolim, Goa? It will be a night drive starting from Bangalore at 6pm.
I did this route last week and i found the roads to be good.

I had started from Calangute-Mapusa-Pernem-Sawanthwadi-Amboli-Shinoli-Belgaum-Bangalore(NH4).

If you want to go directly to candolim via mapusa you will have to take a right turn after bharath petrouleum on NH-17,Karaswada, Mapusa.

Initially i too had a tough time to ask for directions, But once you reach Mapusa, you can find lot of boards for directions,

Coming from this direction, You will have to pass thru Calangute to Reach Candolim.

This leg of journey was about 664 KM from Calangute-Bangalore(Kanakapura Road, Via Nice Road)

Let me know if you need more details as i have recently done this and can give you pointers at fuel pumps, Etc.

Cheers !
Otomobil
Old 8th July 2010, 15:09   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otomobil View Post
I did this route last week and i found the roads to be good.

I had started from Calangute-Mapusa-Pernem-Sawanthwadi-Amboli-Shinoli-Belgaum-Bangalore(NH4).

If you want to go directly to candolim via mapusa you will have to take a right turn after bharath petrouleum on NH-17,Karaswada, Mapusa.

Initially i too had a tough time to ask for directions, But once you reach Mapusa, you can find lot of boards for directions,

Coming from this direction, You will have to pass thru Calangute to Reach Candolim.

This leg of journey was about 664 KM from Calangute-Bangalore(Kanakapura Road, Via Nice Road)

Let me know if you need more details as i have recently done this and can give you pointers at fuel pumps, Etc.

Cheers !
Otomobil
That will be very helpfull, initially when I decided to go to Candolim I dropped NH206, but I thaught I will take a left from NH4 in Dharwad, now it seems I have to drive down till Belgum..
Old 8th July 2010, 18:34   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That will be very helpfull, initially when I decided to go to Candolim I dropped NH206, but I thaught I will take a left from NH4 in Dharwad, now it seems I have to drive down till Belgum..

asdon read these post for your query from mapusa to Candolim

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1734938

read scrolling down to my post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1756954-post177.html

Since you were talking about night driving I think you will reach in daylight. So you can ask for the mapusa bus stand and when you reach there, it's better to ask the route to condolim. Unless you prefer Sahir.Kitur's route via porvorim, betim, verem, nerul.
regards

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 8th July 2010 at 18:36.
Old 8th July 2010, 23:17   #1145
BHPian

Can anyone give me some information about this route?
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-gpa-route.jpg  

Old 9th July 2010, 20:02   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone give me some information about this route?
This route is not for cars from Ramnagar to Dharwad. I am told even truck drivers are avoiding this route.
Old 10th July 2010, 12:49   #1147
BHPian

Neelmangala-Bangalore in 15 mins

Finally some good news on the Bangalore-Neelmangala stretch. The 4.5 Kms near Peenya flyover is expected to be opened in about a month's time. There are another 6 mini flyovers on the same stretch. Neelmangala-Bangalore in 15 minutes is what the headline for the news item in Bangalore Mirror states.
It is expected to be 20Km journey in about 15 minutes
Old 10th July 2010, 14:08   #1148
Senior - BHPian

Ramnagar to Dharwad road will be ready in 1 year time. Karnataka BJP government is doing excellent job in addressing all long time pending work like comepleting and maintaining good quality roads etc.. Once same party is reelected in Karnataka in next assembly (2013) election expect much better work!!

Ravi.
Old 10th July 2010, 14:18   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Ramnagar to Dharwad road will be ready in 1 year time. Karnataka BJP government is doing excellent job in addressing all long time pending work like comepleting and maintaining good quality roads etc.. Once same party is reelected in Karnataka in next assembly (2013) election expect much better work!!

Ravi.
I think they should definitely get time & another opportubity to improve the infrastructure.
Old 11th July 2010, 14:39   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv-Bang View Post
This route is not for cars from Ramnagar to Dharwad. I am told even truck drivers are avoiding this route.
hmm I am just checking my options, how about this one?
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-goa.jpg  

Old 11th July 2010, 17:51   #1151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
asdon - a better alternate is Ramnagar - Londa - Khanapur (turn-off 5 kms before Khanapur) - Bidi - Kittur (NH-4) - Dharwad...
Old 11th July 2010, 20:34   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
this route is ok, but with small correction. You may follow Dharward-Kittur-Bidi-Khanapur-Londha sector, it is much better than the others. i had travelled during Jan 2010 end, had encountered only approx 20 KMs of stretch full of pot holes.
Old 18th July 2010, 10:21   #1153
BHPian

Hi guys, just back from Goa last night. Took NH 206 while going, wify and in-laws insisted on Jog route. Started at 11:30pm, reached 12 noon at Panaji, with 1 hr break in Jog,30min in Shimoga and 30 min in Honnavar(Kamat). While comming back I was in experiment mode. And took a route I would not have taken if I knew the route before, but I am little more confident about my skills after I crossed this road, now you guys will know why I am writing this, my drive was an Alto, with 5 adults and fully loaded boot and 32 Ltr fuel. This was the route while comming back -
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-my-route.jpg  

Old 18th July 2010, 10:35   #1154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And took a route I would not have taken if I knew the route before, but I am little more confident about my skills after I crossed this road, now you guys will know why I am writing this, my drive was an Alto, with 5 adults and fully loaded boot and 32 Ltr fuel. This was the route while comming back -
asdon, Wow! you drove on the tilari ghat route. Thats Sahir.kittur's favourite route. Do you have any photos of the condition of the ghats. I knwo it's the shortest route from belgaum to mapusa, used mostly by the vegetable trucks. My house painter uses it to go to Kolhapur on his scooter every few months. How was the road conditions and wasn't the ghat roads only mud?

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 18th July 2010 at 10:40.
Old 18th July 2010, 11:06   #1155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And took a route I would not have taken if I knew the route before, -
asdon,

Okay after reading your post once more I've understood the statement you made. Perhaps you should have done a search on this route before venturing.
scroll down from
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1501504
read page 2 too

and the reason I asked you if the ghats were only mud
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1335078-post26.html
I think there are more photos someother place but cant remember exactly where
regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks