Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 19:02   #2236
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Anmod-Mollem NH4A is not the best route,anmod ghat is potholed.The best route at the moment is Dharwad-Alnavar-Ramnagar-Piranwadi Cross-Jamboti-Chorla-Sanquelim-Mapusa-NH17-Panjim.

http://goo.gl/maps/EgDI4
Ranjitp1, is easier to go via above route or go to Belgaum and then come to Piranwadi?

planning to try this route this independence day trip for the first time.
Old 31st July 2013, 19:24   #2237
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
Ranjitp1, is easier to go via above route or go to Belgaum and then come to Piranwadi?

Its a worthy option I would say. You dont lose much in terms of distance.
Just that you should know, where to get off NH4 at Belgaum.
Old 31st July 2013, 22:18   #2238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Going via Alnavar,chances to lose your way are less as opposed to driving through Belgaum town.
Old 1st August 2013, 14:21   #2239
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Goa

Hi Everyone!

I'm planning to visit Goa during this month. What are the current road conditions and good places to stay.

How long is the drive from Bangalore to Goa?
Old 2nd August 2013, 13:41   #2240
BHPian

I am driving down to Goa from Bangalore on Aug 9, returning on Aug 15, in my new Ertiga ZXI. The car is still in the running in (only done 100 km so far), so I will take it slow and enjoy the scenery / rain. I Have some route/servicing questions:
Q1: Aug 9 NH 206 : Bangalore-Tumkur-Shimoga-Sagar- Jog-Sirsi - How is the road condition, and approx driving time for sedate driving (Dist ~ 440 Km)
Q2: Aug 10 Sirsi- Ankola- Karwar- Cavelossim Goa - Should I go Sirsi-Yellapur -Ankola or Sirsi- Devimane-Mirjan-Ankola ? Am ok with going slowly, as long as road is decent, and the views are nice, prefer a more scenic route. Am happy in Ghat driving, having learnt to drive in the Shivalik range of the Himalayas
Q3: After entering Goa, what is the best route to go to Cavelossim ? Karwar - Dandewaddo-Chinchinim-Orlim (Ramona Rd)- Cavelossim or Go all the Way to Margaon and double back or any other ?
Q4 Aug 15 Return Goa-Bangalore via NH4 - What is the best(fastest) way to exit South Goa(Cavelossim) and hit NH4 ? I will be driving straight back to Bangalore, the NH4 is boring, I have recently done big chunk of it on my cycle during a Brevet ride.
Q5- First Service : The Car will probably hit 1000 Km mark when I am in Goa, should I get the First Service done there ? Or wait to be back in Bangalore with my regular MASS ? Any warranty issues possible if the car is serviced at ~ 1500 km on Odo (From the Manual http://marutistorage.blob.core.windo...%20website.pdf, the service is purely inspection, no changes like Oil/Filter etc). If service in Goa, what is a good MASS in South Goa ? http://www.marutigoasaiservice.com/s...-location1.htm seems to have one in Salcete near Madgaon

Last edited by paragpatankar : 2nd August 2013 at 13:45. Reason: Edited out html tags
Old 5th August 2013, 13:13   #2241

Quote:

Hey Diogo,

One of my previous post may help you in case you want to drive down straight from Hubli By-Pass to Belgaum By-Pass. It is on Page Number 147 of this same thread.

To make it simple here is the route specific to you:

When you reach Bankapur and then Hubli By-Pass continue towards Belgaum straight on the highway [Do not take Left road towards Alnawar or Ankola route]. If you continue driving around 110 approx kms you should be getting big boards on the highway taking you left down from the highway to hit Belgaum. Get down from the highway and ask anyone for Hotel Ramdev - This is a good hotel to get refreshed and hit back on the roads.
1. From Hotel Ramdev continue going towards Rani Chennama Circle and take a Right. At Bogarves Circle take a right and continue on the road.
2. Continue on the Main Road till you get these landmarks - Gotge Circle [Take right here] - Continue to exit Belgaum on the straight main road [No left or right keep driving straight] - You will get these landmarks - Tilakwadi 1st Gate, 2nd Gate, 3rd Gates, Udyambag.
3. Now you will get a Y Intersection left takes you to Goa Via Khanapur, Londa, Ramnagar, Anmod, Mollem and Goa.
4. Right takes you via Piranwadi, Machhe, Jamboti, Kankumbi, Chorla Ghat and Sanquelim.
- From Sanquelim there are 2 routes taking right and left respectively:
a] To go towards Vasco or Margao [via Banastarim bridge]
b] To go towards Mapusa or Panjim or North Beaches.

Hope this helps you.

By the way my brother will be driving down from Goa to Bangalore on 14th August Morning in his Swift and is planning to take the Vasco - Banastarim Bridge - Sanquelim - Chorla - Belgaum - Hubli By Pass - Bankapur - Haveri and all the way to Bangalore route. I drove on this same route in first week of Jan 2013 - Took me 9 hours with a stop at Hotel Ramdev and the route was amazing thats why i would give it a

Guys any idea if Anmod Ghat is in good shape?
Old 5th August 2013, 15:07   #2242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion_Vista View Post
Hey Diogo,

One of my previous post may help you in case you want to drive down straight from Hubli By-Pass to Belgaum By-Pass. It is on Page Number 147 of this same thread.

To make it simple here is the route specific to you:

When you reach Bankapur and then Hubli By-Pass continue towards Belgaum straight on the highway [Do not take Left road towards Alnawar or Ankola route]. If you continue driving around 110 approx kms you should be getting big boards on the highway taking you left down from the highway to hit Belgaum. Get down from the highway and ask anyone for Hotel Ramdev - This is a good hotel to get refreshed and hit back on the roads.
1. From Hotel Ramdev continue going towards Rani Chennama Circle and take a Right. At Bogarves Circle take a right and continue on the road.
2. Continue on the Main Road till you get these landmarks - Gotge Circle [Take right here] - Continue to exit Belgaum on the straight main road [No left or right keep driving straight] - You will get these landmarks - Tilakwadi 1st Gate, 2nd Gate, 3rd Gates, Udyambag.
3. Now you will get a Y Intersection left takes you to Goa Via Khanapur, Londa, Ramnagar, Anmod, Mollem and Goa.
4. Right takes you via Piranwadi, Machhe, Jamboti, Kankumbi, Chorla Ghat and Sanquelim.
- From Sanquelim there are 2 routes taking right and left respectively:
a] To go towards Vasco or Margao [via Banastarim bridge]
b] To go towards Mapusa or Panjim or North Beaches.

Hope this helps you.
thanks Scorpion_Vista.
I plan to leave early in the morning of 15th
I will take the Mapusa route.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:41   #2243
BHPian

My response is in line

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragpatankar View Post
Q1: Aug 9 NH 206 : Bangalore-Tumkur-Shimoga-Sagar- Jog-Sirsi - How is the road condition, and approx driving time for sedate driving (Dist ~ 440 Km)

Bangalore ( yeshwantpur) Shimoga is 4.5 hrs, Shimoga-Jog : 2 hrs, Jog-Sirsi : 1.5 hrs

Q2: Aug 10 Sirsi- Ankola- Karwar- Cavelossim Goa - Should I go Sirsi-Yellapur -Ankola or Sirsi- Devimane-Mirjan-Ankola ? Am ok with going slowly, as long as road is decent, and the views are nice, prefer a more scenic route. Am happy in Ghat driving, having learnt to drive in the Shivalik range of the Himalayas

I did Sirsi-Devimane-Mirjan-Ankola a couple of years back and roads were just fine. The yellapur-Ankola road is good but not sure abt Sirsi-Yellapur road. Sirsi-Yellapur-Ankola road will be longer by 50 Kim's when compared to Devimane route.

Q3: After entering Goa, what is the best route to go to Cavelossim ? Karwar - Dandewaddo-Chinchinim-Orlim (Ramona Rd)- Cavelossim or Go all the Way to Margaon and double back or any other ?

I would suggest going via Chinchinim-orlim- Cavelossim as the road is decent and typical south Goa interior traffic.

Q4 Aug 15 Return Goa-Bangalore via NH4 - What is the best(fastest) way to exit South Goa(Cavelossim) and hit NH4 ? I will be driving straight back to Bangalore, the NH4 is boring, I have recently done big chunk of it on my cycle during a Brevet ride.

I came back from Varca via Ponda-Mollem-Ramnagar-Alnavar-Hubli/Dharwad bypass-NH4 in 4 hrs. The road was decent.
sureshurs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 14:25   #2244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomzy View Post
I am also planning to drive down to Goa on August 15th with friends, have never been to Goa in the monsoon, is it a good time to go this time of the year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by denver85 View Post
I am also driving down on the same day to Goa . G
We might as well have a goa get together of TBhp

Hope to spot you guys somewhere enroute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Since you are going to Colva, south goa the Hubli - Yellapur - Karwar section should be the shorter one but not sure about the road condition of NH17.
Thanks a lot. Will try checking the route and road conditions. Karwar for lunch is the agenda.
mannubhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 21:28   #2245
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
We might as well have a goa get together of TBhp

Hope to spot you guys somewhere enroute.
Mannubhai, add one more to that!
I would be reaching Goa on 15th afternoon. Starting early morning from Mumbai. Ampere highly recommended the Chorla route, so would be taking that. Would be most likely be based out of Bambolim (near Panjim city).

Would keep an eye out for the black mamba! Let's meet up if possible.

Last edited by SDP : 7th August 2013 at 21:31.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 21:49   #2246
BHPian

Thanks Suresh. My final plan now is
Aug 9 Bangalore-Tumkur- NH206- Jog(see the falls)- Honnavar-Kumta (Stay at Panduranga Intl)
Aug 10 Kumta- Karwar- Chinchinim-Orlim- Cavelossim
Aug 15 Goa-Karwar-Yellapur-Mundgod-Bankapur-Haveri- NH4 all the way to Bangalore
Is there any recent update on the Yellapur-Bankapur road condition ?
Old 7th August 2013, 21:56   #2247
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Aug 15 Goa-Karwar-Yellapur-Mundgod-Bankapur-Haveri- NH4 all the way to Bangalore
Is there any recent update on the Yellapur-Bankapur road condition ?
I dont know of any recent update, but if you are not in for seeing the scenery along, I would not recommend it. In my opinion it does not save much time either. Take the regular Yallapur-Hubli route.
Old 7th August 2013, 22:06   #2248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I dont know of any recent update, but if you are not in for seeing the scenery along, I would not recommend it. In my opinion it does not save much time either. Take the regular Yallapur-Hubli route.
Thanks Ampere, idea was to take in the scenery, have read nice things about the forest section. But if we do a late start from Goa, will take your suggestion and just do Yellapur Hubli itself.
Since it is a long weekend, am sure Jog will be jampacked on 9th afternoon when I get there- any tips from Jog experts to avoid the crowds? I just want to see the falls, not necessarily from a viewpoint, or go near them, so any vantage point on the road(NH 206 or SH 50) will do as well.
Old 8th August 2013, 10:13   #2249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ampere, idea was to take in the scenery, have read nice things about the forest section. But if we do a late start from Goa, will take your suggestion and just do Yellapur Hubli itself.
Since it is a long weekend, am sure Jog will be jampacked on 9th afternoon when I get there- any tips from Jog experts to avoid the crowds? I just want to see the falls, not necessarily from a viewpoint, or go near them, so any vantage point on the road(NH 206 or SH 50) will do as well.
If you are looking for scenery then would recommend via Amboli - Belgaum as well. Though the route is longer but I am guessing Amboli ghats will be full of waterfalls at this time of the year. We had visited it last year on the 18th if I remember correctly. Heres one pic to spur you up. it took us some 16-17 hours with breaks from Goa to Bangalore via this route.

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-goafamilytrip201277.jpg
motomaverick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 18:56   #2250
BHPian

Thanks Motomaverick, will keep this as an option, though the extra driving time means very early start from Goa which is unlikely.
Coming in will take the scenic Karwar-Canacona- Canaguinim-Assolna instead of the NH17 to Chinchinim, the resort people said the road is good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks