Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2012, 21:23   #2101
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Dont take that SH. You should drive on the NH17 till you reach Ankola by-pass. Here you should an exit for Hubli (NH63). Thats the standard route.
As Amp mentioned you need to turn off from NH17 to NH63 towards Hubli - this is a turn to the left when coming from Goa/Karwar direction.
Old 25th November 2012, 18:49   #2102
BHPian

UPDATE ON NH4A- between Belgaum and Madgaon (south Goa).

Just got back from Goa. Took the 4A from Madgaon. Madgaon to Karnataka Border is butter smooth. A few occasional potholes. the Ponda bypass is smooth too.
Karnataka Border to Kushalnagar - Is pure horror. 500m of smooth tarmac followed by 100m of utterly potholed roads. This goes on and on and on.

3Km after Kushalnagar towards Belgaum the road is smooth again.

Hope This helps.
clix22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 14:42   #2103
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried the Bankapur Mundgod Yellapur route. It can cut down almost 70 kms on the bangalore goa distance.
Old 26th November 2012, 14:51   #2104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Has anyone tried the Bankapur Mundgod Yellapur route. It can cut down almost 70 kms on the bangalore goa distance.
There is an update on this thread a couple of posts before saying the route is bad and narrow.
Old 26th November 2012, 16:44   #2105
BHPian

I did this route during the Diwali holidays. It is a mixed affair. Bankapur - Mundgod has some bad patches and at least one small diversion. The road surface is not smooth, I was in a SUV so did not mind it that much. Your tolerance might vary.

Mundgod - Yellapur: is slightly better, picturesque road, hardly any traffic. We zoomed around 100K in some sectors.

We were staying in a resort in the southern part of Goa, so chose this route. It came to 621Km on my ODO from home to resort and we did this in 8.5 hours. I was happy that I chose this route.

Cheers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
indusboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 13:24   #2106
BHPian

Guys,

I am planning to do a trip from Bangalore to Goa for the New year. Was wondering about doing it in my Figo. However did not want to do the whole of 650 KM in one day. Are there any mid-way places where i can stopover for a day or two. Was thinking of Sringeri and Chikmaglur as options. Any other options which i should consider?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Old 5th December 2012, 13:39   #2107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_gpb View Post
Guys,

I am planning to do a trip from Bangalore to Goa for the New year. Was wondering about doing it in my Figo. However did not want to do the whole of 650 KM in one day. Are there any mid-way places where i can stopover for a day or two. Was thinking of Sringeri and Chikmaglur as options. Any other options which i should consider?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Hubli and Dandeli would be good places to break; with the former being a city with most essential facilities. Both are ~ 100 km from the border.

Last edited by vinu_h : 5th December 2012 at 13:41.
vinu_h is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 14:24   #2108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
I did this route during the Diwali holidays. It is a mixed affair. Bankapur - Mundgod has some bad patches and at least one small diversion. The road surface is not smooth, I was in a SUV so did not mind it that much. Your tolerance might vary.

Mundgod - Yellapur: is slightly better, picturesque road, hardly any traffic. We zoomed around 100K in some sectors.

We were staying in a resort in the southern part of Goa, so chose this route. It came to 621Km on my ODO from home to resort and we did this in 8.5 hours. I was happy that I chose this route.

Cheers,
not a good option, i drove by this route as suggested by google maps. Lots of cattle, mud road enroute. Yes missed the route at an important diversion ( tibetian settlement) & went on the route to kalghati. Overall i would recommend you to give this a try only if you have all the time & patience with you.
Old 5th December 2012, 14:26   #2109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Hubli and Dandeli would be good places to break; with the former being a city with most essential facilities. Both are ~ 100 km from the border.
Hubli is good but a little expensive. We stayed overnight at hotel Chalukya and paid a whopping 1000 Rs. The hotel is near to bus station but fairly a simple one. If you starting late & wanted a night halt then Davengere is a good option too.
ravigop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 14:49   #2110
BHPian

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine wants to travel to Goa via the Shimoga ~ Jog falls route this month, please advice whether there would be sufficient flowing water in Jog falls for them to view ?

Please also share feedback about the route road conditions, is it as good as the Hubli ~ Ankola ~ Karwar route ?
Old 5th December 2012, 15:35   #2111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Hi Guys,

A friend of mine wants to travel to Goa via the Shimoga ~ Jog falls route this month, please advice whether there would be sufficient flowing water in Jog falls for them to view ?

Please also share feedback about the route road conditions, is it as good as the Hubli ~ Ankola ~ Karwar route ?
Cant comment on water level,but the road is definitely not as good as Hubli-Ankola-Karwar.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2012, 10:05   #2112
BHPian

Hello Friends,

Avoid Sirsi~Kumta~Ankola route unless its a SUV. The ghat section is under repairs and Had nightmares when I was driving my Figo. Think I need to visit the Service center once I am back to Bangalore. My Bottom was hitting road so oftenly that for a moment felt its high time to exchange my year old Figo for a good SUV / MUV.
Old 27th December 2012, 13:53   #2113

Hi Guys did a trip to Bangalore- North Goa-Bangalore this week in my XUV5oo.Route used was Bangalore-Tumkur-chitradurga-Hubli-Yellapura-karwar-South Goa-North Goa(NH4-NH63-NH17) approx 685 kms.Had no issues with this route,condition of road was awesome,infact didnt find even a single pothole worth a discussion here.The route took me about 10 hrs + 1hr break rougly,Except for the pathetic food at chitradugra Kamat's(excessive salt in all dishes and unreasonable delay in serving).
Old 1st January 2013, 19:44   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Importtuner View Post
Hi Guys did a trip to Bangalore- North Goa-Bangalore this week in my XUV5oo.Route used was Bangalore-Tumkur-chitradurga-Hubli-Yellapura-karwar-South Goa-North Goa(NH4-NH63-NH17) ..
I too did the same route yesterday, however went only upto Margao.
I too would agree. This route is totally pothole free.

Chitradurga > Bangalore multiple flyovers are still under construction so you will have to take the service road deviations. Except for the service road being single lane, the condition of the road is very good with no potholes.
Tip: Keep a pouch with around Rs 250/- in lose notes, lots of tolls on the way until Hubli.

One observation is that the quality of the Tarmac once you enter GOA is top notch. Even though the winding roads are single lane the road is super smooth unlike most other roads.
Old 4th January 2013, 17:25   #2115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Importtuner View Post
Hi Guys did a trip to Bangalore- North Goa-Bangalore this week in my XUV5oo.Route used was Bangalore-Tumkur-chitradurga-Hubli-Yellapura-karwar-South Goa-North Goa(NH4-NH63-NH17) approx 685 kms.Had no issues with this route,condition of road was awesome,infact didnt find even a single pothole worth a discussion here.The route took me about 10 hrs + 1hr break rougly,Except for the pathetic food at chitradugra Kamat's(excessive salt in all dishes and unreasonable delay in serving).
10+ hrs is really good for 685 kms. Average speeds should be in the range of 70-75 in the case. So what mileage did you get? And what time did you start from Bangalore and reached goa and vice versa? Planning to take my XUV also for a trip to Goa sometime next month.

Also on Google maps I noticed a deviation from the main road right before Davanagere (after Anagodu), while travelling from bangalore-goa.

And while travelling from Goa-bangalore there seems to be a lot of confusion after Davanagere, close to Davanagere-harihar bypass followed by a deviation from the main route again after Anagodu. Any inputs on what this confusion and deviation are. Or in actuality do we just drive straight without any hassles or deviations as displayed in the map.

FundaG
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-screen-shot-20130104-5.44.56-pm.png  

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-screen-shot-20130104-5.44.40-pm.png  

Last edited by fundagenie : 4th January 2013 at 17:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks