Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2015, 09:52   #2986
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Good morning fellow bhpians
Can any one help me with the best route from Panjim to Hosur ?
I will be starting tomorrow from trivandrum at around 11 AM and will be taking the Cochin - Mangalore route with night stay at Kannur. On our return journey i am planning to take the Bangalore - Madurai highway and will be a non stop drive. I checked Google and it shows some construction work at Davanagere-Harihar area.
Old 19th March 2015, 10:03   #2987
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmichael View Post
Good morning fellow bhpians
Can any one help me with the best route from Panjim to Hosur ?
I will be starting tomorrow from trivandrum at around 11 AM and will be taking the Cochin - Mangalore route with night stay at Kannur. On our return journey i am planning to take the Bangalore - Madurai highway and will be a non stop drive. I checked Google and it shows some construction work at Davanagere-Harihar area.
- Good clean 4-lane all the way. No constructions as far as I know.
- Depending on North or South Goa, you can do Chorla-Belgaum-Hubli-Bangalore or Karwar-Ankola-Yellapur-Hubli-Bangalore.
- At Bangalore just about 6-8km after Nelamangala toll, take the NICE road exit on your left, and the exit on NH7 near electronic city.
- Drive on NH7 to Hosur.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 01:31   #2988
BHPian

Can someone help with the current road conditions for Dharwad - Ramnagar - Mollem - Ponda route. It has a repute for being a slow one with poor condition of the road. I am planning to take this route on 2nd April
Old 25th March 2015, 09:30   #2989
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelator View Post
Can someone help with the current road conditions for Dharwad - Ramnagar - Mollem - Ponda route. It has a repute for being a slow one with poor condition of the road. I am planning to take this route on 2nd April
Read my posts few pages back. The road is 'much better' with my last drive only 2 weeks back (4th-8th).

Excellent 2 lane tolled road from Dharwad Bypass till Ramnagar.

Ramnagar till Goa Border is a mix of good and little bad but never a case that you would want to repent. Mostly all the bad sections are now filled up and levelled that one can maintain speeds between 40 to 70 kmph very easily.

Exactly last year, this bad section was worse with huge potholes to navigate through.

All in all, a viable and sensible option now.

Not to forget the lovely carpet like roads after entering Goa!!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 09:30   #2990
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone help with the current road conditions for Dharwad - Ramnagar - Mollem - Ponda route.
You can check TBHPian Parag's post couple of pages back.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 18:30   #2991
BHPian

Guys,

Planning a Bangalore to South Goa on long weekend of 3rd April. Planned start at 4 am. Please let me know whether the route mentioned below is the correct one or not. I plan to have breakfast at Kamat and refill at the attached Reliance COCO. Is it a good idea?

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Ajme...8099!3e0?hl=en
Old 25th March 2015, 18:34   #2992
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Guys,

Planning a Bangalore to South Goa on long weekend of 3rd April. Planned start at 4 am. Please let me know whether the route mentioned below is the correct one or not. I plan to have breakfast at Kamat and refill at the attached Reliance COCO. Is it a good idea?
Not the correct route.

- Dont exit at Bankapur for Yellapur.
- Drive all the way to Hubli. Take the bypass on NH4
- You will see Ankola exit for NH63. Go ahead and take it.

The Bankapur short cut via Mundgod does not yield any benefit thanks to narrow roads and rough patches.
Old 25th March 2015, 23:37   #2993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Read my posts few pages back. The road is 'much better' with my last drive only 2 weeks back (4th-8th).

Excellent 2 lane tolled road from Dharwad Bypass till Ramnagar.

Ramnagar till Goa Border is a mix of good and little bad but never a case that you would want to repent. Mostly all the bad sections are now filled up and levelled that one can maintain speeds between 40 to 70 kmph very easily.

Exactly last year, this bad section was worse with huge potholes to navigate through.

All in all, a viable and sensible option now.

Not to forget the lovely carpet like roads after entering Goa!!
Thanks paragsachania..that should probably save me around an hour over the Karwar route I was earlier planning to take. Just hope that my GC kit installed Punto takes in the grind thrown at it by the stretch between Ramnagar to Goa border.
Old 26th March 2015, 08:17   #2994
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks paragsachania..that should probably save me around an hour over the Karwar route I was earlier planning to take. Just hope that my GC kit installed Punto takes in the grind thrown at it by the stretch between Ramnagar to Goa border.
We travelled in an Ertiga accompanied by a GC Kit equipped Linea .

So stay assured, the roads are not that bad and won't scrap even when driving a Civic.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 12:23   #2995
BHPian

will be driving to goa on 10 th April, staying at cancona south goa. Is there a alternate to bankapur mungod yellapur route or this route itself is fine . I am driving a Camry will be leaving bangalore by 6 and want to reach the resort by 2. Thank you
Old 27th March 2015, 12:27   #2996
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
will be driving to goa on 10 th April, staying at cancona south goa. Is there a alternate to bankapur mungod yellapur route or this route itself is fine . I am driving a Camry will be leaving bangalore by 6 and want to reach the resort by 2. Thank you
I just mentioned earlier: Dont use that route. Drive all the way to Hubli and take the NH63 Ankola exit from the Hubli NH4 bypass. It works much better. Even the Camry would thank you!
Old 27th March 2015, 12:34   #2997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I just mentioned earlier: Dont use that route. Drive all the way to Hubli and take the NH63 Ankola exit from the Hubli NH4 bypass. It works much better. Even the Camry would thank you!
but how much extra time and distance would it add
Old 27th March 2015, 12:36   #2998
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
but how much extra time and distance would it add
It does not make a difference in time at all. The Mundgod route would slow you down considerably. While when you drive to Hubli, you would just easily knock-off the extra miles and at good speed.
Old 27th March 2015, 13:03   #2999

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I drove Bangalore Hubli Alnavar Ramnagar Mollem Varca om 4th and returned on 8th March.

Took me about 8.5 hours for onward and the last leg from Hubli bypass exit to Varca took 2 hours.

Hubli bypass exit - Alnavar - Ramnagar is an excellent single carriageway 2 lane tolled road. This has 2 unfinished Railway Overbridges but nothing to worry about.

Post Ramnagar where this road ends is where NH4A begins.

Compared to my drive exactly last year on the same route, the bad section in KA Part is now 80% repaired with a lot of patchwork that its almost pothole free but shaky in between. Overall, one should easily be able to maintain 40KMPH on this 34 kms stretch.

Post Goa Border the road is simply fantastic.

This should be THE road to reach South Goa in the quickest possible manner with max 4 lane roads (almost 400+ kms).

Update on Khanapur Jamboti -

This 15 kms stretch that was in bad shape is now Fully done. So those wanting to head North Goa from Bangalore side, please take note.

You need not drive to Belgaum now. Take Alnavar (Goa road/Panaji exit) option from Hubli Bypass.

Drive past Alnavar and turn right for Khanapur. Drive from Khanapur to Jamboti which is 15 kms and from Jamboti continue towards Chorla.

Negatives about this road is just one - You can't break at Belgaum now and your last resort is either CCD at Shiggaon (360 kms) or Kamat before Hubli (380 kms).
Hi Parag,
I went through the posts regarding best routes to Goa from Bangalore. A lot of them suggested through yellapur - karwar etc. However, i wonder if the route via Dharwad would be good as marked in the map http://goo.gl/kSfLiI. Would be great if you can have a look and advise. I would be taking my i10 so hope that the suggested route has good conditions of driving.
Old 27th March 2015, 13:44   #3000
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahadkhan View Post
Hi Parag,
I went through the posts regarding best routes to Goa from Bangalore. A lot of them suggested through yellapur - karwar etc. However, i wonder if the route via Dharwad would be good as marked in the map http://goo.gl/kSfLiI. Would be great if you can have a look and advise. I would be taking my i10 so hope that the suggested route has good conditions of driving.
If you are targeting to go to a resort/hotel in south Goa then Hubli/Yellapur/Ankola/Karwar makes sense. For north Goa options Jambotti/Chorla makes sense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks