Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2015, 13:40   #3136
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
8 of us are planning a Bangalore - north goa - Bangalore trip from 16th -20th September
You are likely to have a company of an orange XUV 5OO en-route.

My plan is to leave late night on 16th from south Bangalore via NH4-Belgaum-Sanquelim. Sanquelim being my destination, my plan is to reach Belgaum by 5/6 am. Home from there is hardly 2 hours. And that is the only ghat section (Chorala Ghats) and is scenic too. NH4 is drivable at night without any risk so no worries there. Early AM in Belgaum is no issues from traffic perspective.

Only thing though you want to watch out for is - Goa has great tradition for Ganesh festival celebrations. Expect the rush anywhere in Goa on 17th and 18th. Early AM travels are recommended.

Hope this helps.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 14:15   #3137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
You are likely to have a company of an orange XUV 5OO en-route.
My plan is to leave late night on 16th from south Bangalore via NH4-Belgaum-Sanquelim. Sanquelim being my destination, my plan is to reach Belgaum by 5/6 am. Home from there is hardly 2 hours. And that is the only ghat section (Chorala Ghats) and is scenic too. NH4 is drivable at night without any risk so no worries there. Early AM in Belgaum is no issues from traffic perspective.

Thanks for the inputs , will try to leave from Davengere by 5am to touch Goa early . Getting out of Bangalore on Wednesday evening is going to be a tough task as its a long weekend .

Last edited by ampere : 1st September 2015 at 15:15. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Old 1st September 2015, 14:23   #3138
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^ Leave home by 11-11:30pm, you would be perfectly fine reaching Belgaum by 6/6:30am. Other than bio-breaks and fuelling, you don't need to stop anywhere. Steady and safe speeds, you can easily make it to Belgaum by 6/7am. By 9am You would be in North Goa.
Old 1st September 2015, 15:01   #3139
BHPian

Hi All,
Just wanted to take an opinion on impending strike tom. that is 2nd Sept'15. Plan to be on road to goa. Now I think its just a strike of all govt. services transport included but not a bharat bandh.

I dont think there should be any issue per se but if anyone has been on road trip during a transport strike in goa or karnataka and faced issue if any it would good to be aware of.
cheers
gaurav
Old 1st September 2015, 15:21   #3140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
^^^ Leave home by 11-11:30pm, you would be perfectly fine reaching Belgaum by 6/6:30am. Other than bio-breaks and fuelling, you don't need to stop anywhere. Steady and safe speeds, you can easily make it to Belgaum by 6/7am. By 9am You would be in North Goa.
Initial plan was to drive through the night but my friend is not comfortable doing the stretch in the night . So no option but to start early in the evening on 16th take a break midway and then start again early in the morning .

We will be travelling in a brown duster and orange polo
Old 1st September 2015, 15:30   #3141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarkanu View Post
Just wanted to take an opinion on impending strike tom. that is 2nd Sept'15.
Not too sure but for private cars it should not be an issue. If I were you, I would start early and cross the major cities like Tumkur/ Chitradurga in early hours. Take diversion from Hubli towards ramanagar and head into Goa. of course at every stage keep in touch with someone who can feed you with current happenings around that route.

But again if its not too urgent, postpone the travel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
We will be travelling in a brown duster and orange polo
I am still not decisive on this trip, thanks to some work priorities but this one trip I always look forward too. So chances are I will make it. Hope to "spot" you!
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 15:35   #3142
Distinguished - BHPian

If driving through the night, the best time to depart would be after 12 midnight or before 10pm mainly because all the North Bound Buses - NWRTC, KSRTC & Private buses would be literally flooding most of the toll gates and hogging all lanes making it an irritating affair. I have always left Bangalore before 10PM and have had a very peaceful drive.

Not to forget the fact that most of the restaurants between Nelemangala and Sira will be crowded between 10pm to 12 midnight too as many stop for late dinner after departing from Bangalore.

abirnale - I wish you drove the next weekend from your intended plan as I am driving too .
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 15:50   #3143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
If driving through the night, the best time to depart would be after 12 midnight or before 10pm mainly because all the North Bound Buses - NWRTC, KSRTC & Private buses would be literally flooding most of the toll gates and hogging all lanes making it an irritating affair. I have always left Bangalore before 10PM and have had a very peaceful drive.

Not to forget the fact that most of the restaurants between Nelemangala and Sira will be crowded between 10pm to 12 midnight too as many stop for late dinner after departing from Bangalore.

abirnale - I wish you drove the next weekend from your intended plan as I am driving too .
great..will leave by 9 PM then..cross all the towns and be in goa by around 9 AM or so max..with few hours stopover.
cheers.
btw.. holiday to goa is always urgent!!
anarkanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 09:55   #3144
Distinguished - BHPian

@anarkanu No signs of impact on daily routine due to strike today. Many schools are closed but corporate offices are open it seems. So travelling in your own car from Bangalore to Goa should not be an issue. Of course, exercise caution and be alert on the road to read situation around.
Old 3rd September 2015, 20:34   #3145
BHPian

hi all

I am planning to travel BLR-Goa by road on the 5th September morning. Just need some help in terms of the best and safe routes, as would be travelling with spouse and kid.

The suggested google routes/maps show:

~ NH4 till Dharwad
~ Ramnagar via the SH34
~ Touch the NH4A (Panjim-Belgaum highway)

My route is towards Cansaulim, which is in the South Central region of Goa. The route suggested via google maps. Can we scout for any other route?

I have also heard another strike which may take place on the 5th of September. Will it be safe to drive via road?

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.
rish27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 00:16   #3146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish27 View Post
hi all

I am planning to travel BLR-Goa by road on the 5th September morning. Just need some help in terms of the best and safe routes, as would be travelling with spouse and kid.

The suggested google routes/maps show:

~ NH4 till Dharwad
~ Ramnagar via the SH34
~ Touch the NH4A (Panjim-Belgaum highway)

My route is towards Cansaulim, which is in the South Central region of Goa. The route suggested via google maps. Can we scout for any other route?

I have also heard another strike which may take place on the 5th of September. Will it be safe to drive via road?

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.
You need not drive to Ramnagar to hit Belgaum Chorla. You take right after Alnavar for Khanapur and then drive 15 kms for Jamboti to touch Belgaum Chorla road here.

Also, as members who drove recently reported (after all we must rely on recent drive updates), the NH4A via Anmod Ghat and Mollem is in Bad shape due to rains.

For Cansaulim, I suggest taking the Hubli Yellapur Karwar route.

If you want Majority 4 lane, take Chorla and drove down towards South Goa from Ponda.
Old 4th September 2015, 01:18   #3147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

Also, as members who drove recently reported (after all we must rely on recent drive updates), the NH4A via Anmod Ghat and Mollem is in Bad shape due to rains.

For Cansaulim, I suggest taking the Hubli Yellapur Karwar route.

If you want Majority 4 lane, take Chorla and drove down towards South Goa from Ponda.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Parag

Are you implying a detour from NH4 towards Bankapur-SH6-Yellapur-NH63-Join NH17? Sounds good actually.

Also wouldn't going via the Chorla ghat a time consuming factor.

Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 08:16   #3148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Parag

Are you implying a detour from NH4 towards Bankapur-SH6-Yellapur-NH63-Join NH17? Sounds good actually.

Also wouldn't going via the Chorla ghat a time consuming factor.

Thanks
Yes I meant the same. Approach NH17 via NH63 only because NH4A is bad as per latest reports between Ramnagar and the Goa Border.

Chorla would only be time consuming for the fact that you will approach it from North and drive down south for your destination. Else it wont add much time overall except an hour.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 10:53   #3149
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the information. I am also planning to take the Dhardwad-Alnavar-Khanapur-Chorla route to Candolim. Not sure how the situation is going to be tomorrow. Based on the situation, I may change the route via Mundgod-yellapur-Karwar bypassing Hubli-Dhardwad region.
Old 4th September 2015, 11:52   #3150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landkruzer View Post
Thanks for the information. I am also planning to take the Dhardwad-Alnavar-Khanapur-Chorla route to Candolim. Not sure how the situation is going to be tomorrow. Based on the situation, I may change the route via Mundgod-yellapur-Karwar bypassing Hubli-Dhardwad region.
Please keep us updated since i need to drive back from Goa to Bangalore on Sunday. TIA!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks