Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2017, 10:52   #4006
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
Planning a trip to Bogmallo Goa during Christmas. We want to start in the evening around 6 pm and looking for suggestion for night stay. Apurva resort in Davangere is sold out. Any other suggestion?
Sankama The Boutique Hotel, inside the city Davanagere will be a good choice and will be closest to the highway. You are expected to reach Davangere around 10pm assuming you are on Nelamangala flyover at 6pm.
shenoytech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 11:04   #4007
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks NPV, kannan and Parag for the suggestions. Booked Southern Star convention hotel in Davangere. Appears to be a new hotel. Any experience with this hotel?
This was the same Hotel BHPian Klub_Class had shared information about.

You will find details about this on this post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4289441
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 12:03   #4008
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestion on the route? Google maps is suggesting hubali - Dharwad - Honapur - Alnavar -Anmod -Bogmallo. Anyone has taken this route recently? How are the road conditions?
Assuming you'll start your journey in the morning after a break at Davanagere/Hubli, you can take SH 34 Dharwad-Alnavar, then continue on NH 748 to Anmod-Mollem-Ponda and then south towards NH 566 & MDR 44 towards Bogmalo (defualt google maps route).

I recently tried the above route from Old Goa-Ponda and rest of it and it was good, bit challenging in low light and rain, but day drives are fine.

I haven't tried the rest of the route towards Bogmalo, but roads in Goa are generally good, so I don't expect that to be bad.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 19:33   #4009
BHPian

Hello BHP-ians,

I am travelling to North Goa between 27-30 Dec 17. I am driving my Ford Fiesta 1.4 EXi with my family (Myself, wifey and 2 kids) and a pet dog. The plan is to start on 27th and stay somewhere midway and start to Goa on 28th. This is the first time i am doing such a long trip. I am checking out multiple sites, but i as always am confident when i see it on team-bhp .
I was going through the thread and a bit confused as it dates back from 2006.
My request to my fellow bhp-ians is to help me take a good and safe route (my car does not have airbags or abs ) with my family.
Based on my discussions with some of my colleagues, i was thinking about the Shimoga route, however if if someone can confirm the latest condition of roads and facilities, it will be very helpful. It will also help if you can DM me.
Old 7th December 2017, 20:40   #4010
BHPian

I did a round trip last weekend to Mandrem beach. If its North Goa take
Tumkur > Hiriyur > Davangere > Hubli > Belgaon route.
Good roads and very few empty stretches.
Old 7th December 2017, 21:11   #4011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpadki View Post
Hello BHP-ians,

My request to my fellow bhp-ians is to help me take a good and safe route (my car does not have airbags or abs ) with my family.
Based on my discussions with some of my colleagues, i was thinking about the Shimoga route, however if if someone can confirm the latest condition of roads and facilities, it will be very helpful. It will also help if you can DM me.
Just read the last few pages of this thread and you should be good to go.
Stick to the NH from Bangalore to Dharwad, your drive will be far less tiring than the Shimoga route. You dont need to break for a night, instead take regular drive breaks, enjoy the journey, reach Goa and have fun.
Old 7th December 2017, 23:39   #4012
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am travelling to North Goa between 27-30 Dec 17. I am driving my Ford Fiesta 1.4 EXi with my family (Myself, wifey and 2 kids) and a pet dog.
Since you did not mention where in North Goa, I'm assuming Candolim, it is quite close to Calangute and Baga as well (well known as happening places in Goa, but I really hope you aren't staying in those overcrowded places).

This route should be fine, start early say 5am if possible and taking enough breaks you should reach by 2-3pm worst case.
Bangalore-Hubli-Alnavar-Mollem-Ponda-Goa, standard google maps routing now.
Map Link

Just did the route in the return leg of my trip last month - update in earlier post (Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries)

Last edited by NPV : 7th December 2017 at 23:41.
Old 8th December 2017, 06:01   #4013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Since you did not mention where in North Goa, I'm assuming Candolim, it is quite close to Calangute and Baga as well (well known as happening places in Goa, but I really hope you aren't staying in those overcrowded places).

This route should be fine, start early say 5am if possible and taking enough breaks you should reach by 2-3pm worst case.
Bangalore-Hubli-Alnavar-Mollem-Ponda-Goa, standard google maps routing now.
Map Link

Just did the route in the return leg of my trip last month - update in earlier post (Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries)
Thank you NPV! Yes I am staying near calangute Anything I should watch out for??
Old 8th December 2017, 08:43   #4014
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I am staying near calangute Anything I should watch out for??
Just that it gets very crowded with people and vehicles near Calangute and Baga beaches. If you're staying there you could probably walk to the beaches (but crowded beaches). During our trip last month, we could not find parking near Calangute beach and decided to skip the place
Old 8th December 2017, 08:54   #4015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Just that it gets very crowded with people and vehicles near Calangute and Baga beaches. If you're staying there you could probably walk to the beaches (but crowded beaches). During our trip last month, we could not find parking near Calangute beach and decided to skip the place
Candolim, Calangute, Baga are best avoided as you mentioned - terrible dirty beaches, overpriced food, overcrowded with guys peddling massages. The south goa beaches are so much quieter, cleaner and serene. Barely anyone there to bother you either.
reignofchaos is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 09:01   #4016
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The south goa beaches are so much quieter, cleaner and serene. Barely anyone there to bother you either.
Absolutely agree with you on the south Goa part but I found Candolim to be a good place to stay for someone driving around the beaches in North. Candolim is centrally located, has lots of hotels, serviced apartments and restaurants and makes a good choice, but not for someone looking for tranquility/relaxation. Candolim beach was a bit crowded but nowhere close to what you see at Calangute and Baga.

Last edited by NPV : 8th December 2017 at 09:04.
Old 8th December 2017, 10:15   #4017
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHP-ians,

I am travelling to North Goa between 27-30 Dec 17. I am driving my Ford Fiesta 1.4 EXi with my family (Myself, wifey and 2 kids) and a pet dog. The plan is to start on 27th and stay somewhere midway and start to Goa on 28th. This is the first time i am doing such a long trip..
Others have pitched in with your route query. As you travel with kids and a pet dog, your speed will be restricted. What should take about 9 hours normally may take 11-12 hours. Pet dogs drastically lower your average speed.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 21:49   #4018
Senior - BHPian

We will be driving to Palolem, South Goa next weekend. I plan to take Bengaluru - NH48 - Hubli - Yellapur - Karwar - Palolem. Considering that there were some tensions in Karwar area few days back, do I need to plan an alternate route?
Old 15th December 2017, 22:53   #4019
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Considering that there were some tensions in Karwar area few days back, do I need to plan an alternate route?
I think the impacted areas were Kumta and Honnavar, but since you're heading to Karwar you can avoid those towns by taking Hubli-Yellapura route.

Edit:if Palolem is your destination you can even take Hubli-Dharwad bypass-Alnavar-Mollem-Ponda-Palolem (enter Goa directly from the eastern side avoiding the coastal Karnataka towns).

Last edited by theMAG : 16th December 2017 at 18:22. Reason: As requested, "western"="eastern"
Old 16th December 2017, 18:26   #4020
BHPian

Heading Benaulim, South Goa next saturday 23rd Dec. Will be taking Bangalore - Hubli - Dharwad Bypass - Alnavar - Ramnagar - Anmod - Mollem - Ponda - Benaulim route. Its been a while since any update on road conditions of the Dharwad - Mollem stretch, will appreciate any latest update on Dharwad Bypass to Mollem stretch. Is any section gone bad enough to avoid Alnavar - Mollem and choose Karwar route instead? This route was infamous for getting too bad to opt in it's history, so just doing due diligence to check with fellow Goaing BHPians before taking this route, as it is a family drive with two kids. Appreciate the suggestions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks