Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2017, 08:50   #3916
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Hey folks after a long time back on Team-bhp, life took over so travels subsided. Going to Goa this long weekend and after reading through last few pages I take it that Bangalore - Khanapur - Jamboti - Candolim is the best route option. Planning to start by 5am. However, its interesting that Google map shows the Mollem - Ponda route as faster, how so if the road condition is bad?
Returned from Goa on 1st August by Mollem route. Absolutely smooth, no issues at all. Highly recommended.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 09:42   #3917
BHPian

Rajiv how long did it take you ?did you take the chorla route while going?
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:11   #3918
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus View Post
Via Mollem with all your breaks factored, in general it is 8.5 to 9 Hours of total time for destinations around Colva.

If you intend to hit North Goa through this route, add another 30-45 Minutes to this.

If you take Chorla and via Belgaum, it takes about 9 to 9.5 Hours to reach Panaji.

All this with usual cruising speeds at 100-110 KMPH. These numbers are reasonable and good o digest even for a first timer.
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:57   #3919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I visited Quepem and Madgaon and hence took same route to and fro. It usually takes 10 hours for me with a single break of 45 min. For lunch by this route. I try to maintain 90 kmph usually but during last visit did not see any speed radar both ways so if it continues you can very well go at 100 kmph
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:56   #3920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Absolutely remains good. Wider than Chorla and quite faster too.

This road off late has become a preferred option for Central and North Goan destinations, after-all this was always known as "Goa Road" popularly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Returned from Goa on 1st August by Mollem route. Absolutely smooth, no issues at all. Highly recommended.
So I guess I would then stick to what Google is offering Mugad - Londa - Mollem - Ponda - Panjim - Candolim

But that route shows some road work around Ponda

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-goa-route.png
Old 22nd August 2017, 12:11   #3921
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
So I guess I would then stick to what Google is offering Mugad - Londa - Mollem - Ponda - Panjim - Candolim
Hubli - Dharwad Bypass (till 26kms) - Alnavar - Ramnagar - Anmod -Mollem - Ponda - Panjim - Candolim

Quote:
But that route shows some road work around Ponda
Nothing that you need to worry at all. In fact this road has been in fantastic shape since ever since it was "ready to drive" 2 years back that even small little craters that appear are getting attended regularly.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 15:16   #3922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nothing that you need to worry at all. In fact this road has been in fantastic shape since ever since it was "ready to drive" 2 years back that even small little craters that appear are getting attended regularly.
Paragbhai, there is a patch of about a kilometer or so where some work is in progress for a while now. This is a place next to a watery lake sort of area after Ponda bypass towards Madgaon. It is driveable but not in good shape.
Old 22nd August 2017, 15:18   #3923
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Paragbhai, there is a patch of about a kilometer or so where some work is in progress for a while now. This is a place next to a watery lake sort of area after Ponda bypass towards Madgaon. It is driveable but not in good shape.
1 Km of road work am sure isn't going to be a case where one should not take this road?

Even if this is longer by one more km, I guess the overall route remains best bet when it comes to reaching Goa isn't it?

What do you say from your recent experience ?
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 16:43   #3924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1 Km of road work am sure isn't going to be a case where one should not take this road?

Even if this is longer by one more km, I guess the overall route remains best bet when it comes to reaching Goa isn't it?

What do you say from your recent experience ?
Absolutely. That is the best road. Nothing to worry about at all. My recent experience was great.
BTW visiting Goa again on 24th but taking Amboli route to go. My return route on 28th is via Mollem again. Will update the very latest status for both the routes then.
Old 22nd August 2017, 21:36   #3925
BHPian

Ravi the road through amboli is not good .recently travelled from Kolhapur to Goa through Amboli and sawantwadi and found it rough and bumpy
fergus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 23:37   #3926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely. That is the best road. Nothing to worry about at all. My recent experience was great.
BTW visiting Goa again on 24th but taking Amboli route to go. My return route on 28th is via Mollem again. Will update the very latest status for both the routes then.
Same itinerary except for the route on both the days will be via mollem for me.

Quote:
Ravi the road through amboli is not good .recently travelled from Kolhapur to Goa through Amboli and sawantwadi and found it rough and bumpy
I think rains and roadside waterfalls in Amboli more than makes up for the bad roads
Old 23rd August 2017, 08:56   #3927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My cousin traveled yesterday via Amboli. He mentioned that the Amboli ghat is in good shape. Now only way to confirm is to travel personally and confirm
Old 23rd August 2017, 09:00   #3928
BHPian

Will be also travelling same days opposite direction through mollem.thanks Ravi,paraj for all the updates
Old 23rd August 2017, 10:40   #3929
BHPian

Please check "Mumbai--Pune--Kolhapur--Goa" thread for latest updates on Amboli road. Most reports say that the Ajra--Amboli section is intermittently rough and patchy whereas Amboli ghat per se is in very good condition ( it has been so that way past two years ).
Old 24th August 2017, 21:37   #3930
BHPian

Did the journey today through mollem.Started at 5 am and reached at 4 pm.Took a 30 min breakfast break and 55 min lunch break which included a sidewall puncture
Good roads throughout.Tumkur entry wasted another 20 mins.Thanks guys for all the inputs .it really helped.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks