Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2021, 21:44   #5416
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Is the night curfew going to impact inter city travel? Was planning to start from Goa around 10 am.. With breaks etc....unlikely to reach beforr 10 pm.
Old 27th December 2021, 14:23   #5417
Senior - BHPian

Same here - they stopped to check for vaccine status for adults and also glanced they my daughters RT-PCR report but they didn’t ask for Aadhaar cards. Now how on earth they know it’s us whose certificates are provided??!!

Anyways, drive was very smooth except during few patches (Dharwad Alnawar) - Goa roads are superb!
Old 27th December 2021, 22:04   #5418
Senior - BHPian

Visited Goa with family (Me, wife, 2 kids and a dog) on 22-25.12.2021.

To Journey started on 22.12.2021 at 5 AM. Route was Bangalore - Hubbali - Ramnagar - Mollem - Ponda - Goa. Uneventful journey, reached Goa around 1:30 pm. Border crossing was uneventful. Usual PUC check with fine of Rs. 400/- and receipt of Rs. 100/-. Then RTPCR check which was 15 sec. Mollem cops standing just beyond the check post catching everyone for speeding. Again breezed through. (Plenty of experience with Bangalore cops helps in negotiating). Lot of road construction and Take diversion after Hubbali.

Day 1 stay was in Hyatt Centric Candolim. Excellent and pet friendly.

Day 2-3 stay was in Cidade De Goa. Again great with private beach. Pet friendly but dining area was not segregated so they arranged table in the lawn for us.

Started back at 12:00 pm on 25.12.2021. Route was Goa - Karwar - Yellapur - Mundgod -Haveri - Bangalore. No border check, Just a cursory question about liquor which we didn't carry. Reached Bangalore at 2:30 am. with a stop for lunch on the way. There was a truck turned turtle in the ghat section on Karwar - Hubbali road the previous night which created a 10 km traffic jam. This took about 4 hrs. Then diverted through state highways at Yellapur and Mundgod to avoid a road closure in NH 48 (according to Google Maps). Thankfully the Nelamangala - Peenya traffic jam had thinned out before we reached Bangalore.

So my take from a trip repeated after 18 years (Last trip to Goa was in 2003), is you can never predict the best way.
Old 28th December 2021, 08:00   #5419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post

To Journey started on 22.12.2021 at 5 AM. Route was Bangalore - Hubbali - Ramnagar - Mollem - Ponda - Goa. Uneventful journey, reached Goa around 1:30 pm. B
Thanks for the update.
Did you take the Tinai Ghats or the direct highway through Anmod. Last few posts mentioned Anmod section is in okay state. Also did you travel by SUV or Sedan / Hatch?

I am leaving Bangalore tomorrow morning. Is it really a concern for a low sedan like Octavia to pass through Anmod ghats, just in case we miss the Tinai ghats?
Old 28th December 2021, 11:03   #5420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsroy View Post
Is the night curfew going to impact inter city travel? Was planning to start from Goa around 10 am.. With breaks etc....unlikely to reach beforr 10 pm.
I have the same concern, wonder if they will stop returning cars from driving into bangalore after 10pm? We too are going back on Dec 30th.
Old 28th December 2021, 11:08   #5421
BHPian

It is better to avoid travel during those curfew hours ... there is a lot of excitement around enforcing those restrictions ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
I have the same concern, wonder if they will
stop returning cars from driving into bangalore after 10pm? We too are going back on Dec 30th.
Old 28th December 2021, 12:19   #5422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
I am leaving Bangalore tomorrow morning. Is it really a concern for a low sedan like Octavia to pass through Anmod ghats,
Not an issue. There are no deep craters as such. Infact, we are used to roads worse than these in BBMP limits.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 12:35   #5423
Senior - BHPian

As for the curfew, let me just say this. When the curfew was in existence prior, I was ignorant and had happily come back home way past mid-might on atleast 3 occasions, all with family. I was totally ignorant of the night curfew then and I don’t know what I would have done if I were stopped.

I’m not suggesting bravado and saying that people take this night curfew lightly , but I’m thinking they’ll give a lecture and let you go, if they see a family inside the car on the roads between 10 pm to 5 am.
Old 28th December 2021, 20:48   #5424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update.
Did you take the Tinai Ghats or the direct highway through Anmod. Last few posts mentioned Anmod section is in okay state. Also did you travel by SUV or Sedan / Hatch?

I am leaving Bangalore tomorrow morning. Is it really a concern for a low sedan like Octavia to pass through Anmod ghats, just in case we miss the Tinai ghats?
I missed the Tinai ghat turn off. Was in a Honda Mobilio - so basically a Brio. Octavia should do it with no issues.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 22:03   #5425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
As for the curfew, let me just say this. When the curfew was in existence prior, I was ignorant and had happily come back home way past mid-might on atleast 3 occasions, all with family. I was totally ignorant of the night curfew then and I don’t know what I would have done if I were stopped.

I’m not suggesting bravado and saying that people take this night curfew lightly , but I’m thinking they’ll give a lecture and let you go, if they see a family inside the car on the roads between 10 pm to 5 am.
Am also thinking of making a dash.... if I can start by 10 am from Goa and cross Dharwad by 2.30, then even with couple of breaks, shud make it to Bangalore by 11ish.
Old 28th December 2021, 22:27   #5426
BHPian

Hello Bhpian’s

Sorry for late post..

We returned back on 7th November from GOA. It was a family trip (2 Adults and 2 Kids)
The following route considered from Bangalore to GOA.
BANGALORE>DAVANGERE>HUBLI>RAMNAGAR>ANMOD>MOLLEM>AR PORA

We left Bangalore at 5.45am as usual nelamangala Toll jam and we had breakfast at Davangere. Continued Towards Hubli , Ramnagar, Tinai Ghat Toll (half-done/incomplete NH4A) and I have decided to go straight instead taking right turn I saw SUV's coming towards opposite from Anmod Checkpost. Nevertheless, we were able to cross this stretch without any GC issues. Eventually EPC contractor has not bothered to make proper mud road for Emergency Medical services. Low GC vehicle should take right turn to avoid THUD THUD sound from bottom. We were stopped by GOA police at Mollem for CoWin 2 Dose certificate Thank God I have carried print out of certificate and NO Check for Kids. We have reached hotel by 3.30 pm (including Lunch break..etc). The next day I read an article (GOA Times ) GCCI requested MoRTH to complete the highway stretch due to revenue dent for GOA Govt. We hope that work will start soon as soon as they get approval for land acquisition.

Return Journey:
ARPORA> MOLLEM> ANMOD> RAMNAGAR> HUBLI> DAVANGERE>BANGALORE>

We had been to Shri Mangesh temple(Lord Shiva), Mangeshi village, Mardol, Goa and general public is not allowed inside Temple (20 feet distance from the main Deity) due to pandemic. We had lunch at Royal Palace Family Restaurant ( Mugad) and continued towards hubli > Haveri > stopped for small break( 17.30) at CCD, PB road, Chatra. We left CCD after filling diesel at 18.30 and we reached Nelamangala first Toll ( navayuga) we saw huge traffic congestion it took almost 2 hours to reach home( Hebbal)
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img20211104113846.jpg  

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img20211104123309.jpg  

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img20211104123325.jpg  

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img20211104123430.jpg  

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img20211104123634.jpg  

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img20211104123956.jpg  

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img20211104123957.jpg  

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img20211104123959.jpg  

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img20211104124205.jpg  

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img20211104124858.jpg  

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img20211104130828.jpg  

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img20211104131512.jpg  

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img20211107134758.jpg  

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img20211107135235.jpg  

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img20211107135240.jpg  

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-img20211107135241.jpg  

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-mz.jpg  

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-tinai-ghat-anmod-suv-high.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 29th December 2021, 19:39   #5427
Senior - BHPian

Left Electronic City today at 5 AM and reached Calangute at 2 PM including breakfast and bio breaks. The first 90 minutes drive was very slow mainly due to Nice road white topping.
Beginning of the journey Google maps was showing Tinai Ghat roads, but after reaching Ramnagar it showed Anmod Ghat road with 7 mins saving. Took that route in good faith and based on couple of feedback from people returning from Goa. Not disappointed, as most of the stretch was fine. They are putting gravels in most of those craters. My Octavia with 225 45 tyres, 4 adults and a kid + 50 kgs of luggage did not scrap anywhere. So I believe any car can take that route now.
Entering Goa they stopped us and on showing the printouts of vaccination they let us go. Took less than a minute. Did not ask for RTPCR for our 4 year old.
Thanks to Team BHP, I was cautious after reaching Mollem and reduced my speed. There were few cars caught by interceptors within 10 kms after reaching Goa.
Overall a great drive
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 19:45   #5428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Left Electronic City today at 5 AM and reached Calangute at 2 PM including breakfast and bio breaks. The first 90 minutes drive was very slow mainly due to Nice road white topping.
Beginning of the journey Google maps was showing Tinai Ghat roads, but after reaching Ramnagar it showed Anmod Ghat road with 7 mins saving.
Overall a great drive
Good timing 9 hours for about 650 kms?
Which is the exact route that you took?
Old 29th December 2021, 21:59   #5429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Good timing 9 hours for about 650 kms?
Which is the exact route that you took?
Route was Tumkur - Chitradurga - Hubli - Alnavar - Ramnagar - Anmod - Mollem - Calangute.

Other than the Nice road stretch, drive till Hubli was a breeze. The roads were good 90% of the journey. And the remaining 10% is still easily manageable
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 23:23   #5430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsroy View Post
Am also thinking of making a dash.... if I can start by 10 am from Goa and cross Dharwad by 2.30, then even with couple of breaks, shud make it to Bangalore by 11ish.
An update....we entered Bangalore a little before 10 pm...but got stuck in a horrible traffic jam around Jalahalli Cross... so had to drive through the city during the night curfew for about 50 mins....saw Policemen deployed at various points stopping and checking certain vehicles. But I was stopped only once near Iblur Junction for breath analyzer testing...bottomline....don't think we need to make a night halt because of the curfew....if stopped just explain that got delayed inspite of one's best efforts.
hsroy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks