Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2022, 10:40   #5461
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuchi05 View Post
Just curious why is it that no one has been taking the mundgod-yellapur route? Till last year we have been following that. Google maps is also not suggesting that route. Is there anything wrong there?
Nothing wrong there. However this was never a primary route due to the narrow deserted road. It was taken by many as the condition of anmod ghat was pathetic. Now that anmod ghat road work is almost complete, it doesnt make sense to take mundgod-yellapur anymore.
bong_voyager is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 22:22   #5462

Has anyone travelled through Tilari ghat recently? Any idea on the road conditions?

I plan to start next week to Bangalore from close to Mopa airport, and was wondering whether to take Tilari route (shortest distance to highway), or via Anmod. I hear Chorla is in bad shape, in which case, Anmod seems to be a better choice.
Old 19th January 2022, 08:20   #5463

Quote:
Originally Posted by bong_voyager View Post
Nothing wrong there. However this was never a primary route due to the narrow deserted road. It was taken by many as the condition of anmod ghat was pathetic. Now that anmod ghat road work is almost complete, it doesnt make sense to take mundgod-yellapur anymore.
Thanks. Yes, we are still a little confused, mudgod-yellapur has lesser trucks but yes the roads are quite narrow and maps is also suggesting the anmod ghat route.
Old 19th January 2022, 10:25   #5464
BHPian

Quote:
Maps is also suggesting the anmod ghat route.
May i know your destination? Unless its extreme south like canacona, pls stick to anmod ghat. Even the roads in goa are better in mollem side than karwar side in my opinion.
bong_voyager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 11:03   #5465

Quote:
Originally Posted by bong_voyager View Post
May i know your destination? Unless its extreme south like canacona, pls stick to anmod ghat. Even the roads in goa are better in mollem side than karwar side in my opinion.
We will be going to south goa. Betalbatim
Old 19th January 2022, 13:38   #5466
BHPian

Guys looking to make a short detour to Goa for 2 nights while my drive from Mumbai to Bangalore. ( I know it sounds bit ridiculous but that's what we do in the name of Goa)

We haven't decided whether it will be North/South. But nonetheless, the main hindrance seems to be this ridiculous -ve RT PCR requirement for entering into Karnataka from Goa. I have a fear that we may not be able to get our -ve RT PCR test done in Goa. Any pointers where we can sure short get result in 2 days time in Goa? Otherwise should we test ourselves in Mumbai itself and dash out before the 72 hours deadline? Also, 72 hours is counted from the collection of the sample or test result? Also, Can someone explain how the weekend curfew works in KA? What are its timing and is travel possible (Goa to Bangalore) during this time?
Old 19th January 2022, 14:10   #5467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We will be going to south goa. Betalbatim
Having travelled in Anmod Ghat road for the new years for Calangute, I can say its the best road currently. The Anmod stretch was easily doable in any car, now it would be more better. Even once you enter Goa the roads are much better in this stretch than you experience in Karwar route. Just be vary about the speed check in Mollem stretch after entering Goa border.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 21:04   #5468
BHPian

Is RT-PCR report mandatory for entering Goa from Bangalore? Is this insisted at the checkpost? Travelling by a KA registered car.
Old 28th January 2022, 08:03   #5469

Travel update:

Thank you @bong_voyager for suggesting the Anmod ghat route. We left from Bangalore (CV Raman Nagar) at 5.30 AM and reached our destination at 4.15 PM. We carried our food, so the food breaks were short. The road was very smooth throughout with only a minor rough patches along the way. I was a little concerned earlier about the 2 lane road between Hubli and Dharwad, but even that manages to give an average speed of 50-60 which is good.

As for RT-PCR, on entering Goa they were stopping all the cars to check the Vaccine certificates, but they were not really doing a strict check of matching the Aadhar to the name on the certificate. I did not see any checks happening on the other side of the route for the vehicles coming into KA, but we will still get the test done.

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th January 2022 at 08:10. Reason: Adding some paragraph spacing to aid readability :)
shuchi05 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 13:56   #5470
BHPian

Quote:
Travel update:

I did not see any checks happening on the other side of the route for the vehicles coming into KA, but we will still get the test done.
Please do update your return experience at the KA-Goa border.
Old 28th January 2022, 17:14   #5471
Distinguished - BHPian

Just crossed from GA to KA at Mollem, about 2pm. No covid check whatsoever. No rtpcr, no vax certificate. Only the usual "any bottles?" check. Driving a KA reg car.
Old 28th January 2022, 17:31   #5472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Just crossed from GA to KA at Mollem, about 2pm. No covid check whatsoever. No rtpcr, no vax certificate. Only the usual "any bottles?" check. Driving a KA reg car.
KA checkpoint is at the end of Anmod ghat, When you are crossing over onto Karnataka side at Mollem, no one bothers to check any details.

Please keep us updated about what happens at Anmod check post.
Old 28th January 2022, 19:55   #5473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertigiat View Post
KA checkpoint is at the end of Anmod ghat,
Yes, yes, no checking there either. Absolutely nothing asked, not even vax certificate.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 12:04   #5474
Distinguished - BHPian

And returned from KA to GA today, must have crossed Anmod/Mollem around 10:30-11-ish. GA cops only asked to look at the vax certificate on the phone. More like a formality I think, I doubt they are verifying any of the details. Further down the road there was a separate random check for car documents.
Old 1st February 2022, 13:35   #5475
BHPian

Reached Goa (Cavelossim) on Sunday afternoon via Anmod. The Anmod stretch has been tarred in a lot of places. So no need for the Tinai ghat diversion. Surprisingly there was no interceptor after Mollem. I was keeping my speed at 60kph for a while

At Anmod, I casually enquired at the KA entry checkpost and they did say RTPCR is mandatory.However from the above comments, it seems they are not checking for RTPCR. For KA cops, alcohol is a higher priority anyways...
loki is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks