Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2021, 18:17   #5386
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Also from the border check-post perspective, which is faster? We are both vaccinated.
As Parag mentioned, Covid checks at border is not that messy that you decide to select route based on that.

Last week had been to Goa via Chorla ghat road and returned via Anmod (without taking Tinai diversion).

Our destination in Goa was near Arambol, still felt the return we took via Anmod was faster and bad roads limited to few sections (past Anmod) compared to Chorla.

Chorla had random potholes which makes prevents you going fast. Also, comparatively, Anmod route is wider and faster too.

Regarding Covid checks, while entering Goa, via Chorla there was just one car in front of us, it took few minutes to complete their process, from what I understood, one of the person was not having vaccination certificate.
In our case, they glanced through final vaccination certificate and let us through, the same was the case with car accompanying us.

While returning through Anmod also, we didn't notice any long queue in opposite direction for Covid check.

However, during return, at both Goa and KA police check posts, we were checked more than the usual cursory check for liquor bottles.

While at KA side, I was asked to open the doors while they shook the bags and checked, at Goa side, was even asked to open the biggest bag which we were carrying and individual partitions inside that back was checked.

Unless when travelling in guys only group, all earlier instances it was just the customary glance inside or at max shaking the bags and letting through that I had faced till now.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 13:52   #5387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCherry View Post
This is exactly my concern too.
No clarity on RT-PCR requirements for kids (My kids are < 10 years too) and I've almost decided to cancel my flight tickets planned for next week .
Updating my own post, for others' benefit:

Flew to Goa on 14th. Vaccination certificates were checked at Goa Airport for adults, and they had a cursory look at the RT-PCR report of my kids, didn't look like they really wanted to see the kids' RT-PCR.

While flying back home to Bangalore, there were absolutely no checks at all, either for adults or kids.
redCherry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 10:59   #5388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

Last week had been to Goa via Chorla ghat road and returned via Anmod (without taking Tinai diversion).
Mpksuhas, when you say without the Tinai diversion, means you came straight from the Anmod checkpost to Ramnagar, is that bad stretch after the checkpost driveable now?
Old 19th December 2021, 11:23   #5389

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
Mpksuhas, when you say without the Tinai diversion, means you came straight from the Anmod checkpost to Ramnagar, is that bad stretch after the checkpost driveable now?
The distance from Ramnagar junction to the Tinai Ghat diversion is about 12 km.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-ramnagar-tinai-detour.jpg  

Old 19th December 2021, 13:36   #5390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
Yes. The earlier reported bad stretch is driveable, there are few bad sections here and there, but can be done in any car without any hassle.

The route I took is marked in blue.

What's marked in yellow is the diversion which was suggested earlier.

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-screenshot_20211219133316.png
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 13:42   #5391
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. The earlier reported bad stretch is driveable, there are few bad sections here and there, but can be done in any car without any hassle.
Good to know about this, will save some time and the stress hoping no one comes on the opposite side when using the Tinai diversion Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 17:19   #5392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
Dharwad-alnavar route is preferred. Except for 10-15 small patches of road work, rest is good.
Just a word of caution to keep you speeds low in forest sections as its narrow concrete road with no shoulder at all.

Vaccination check took less than 2 mins for us.
Quote:

Attachment 2246857
Google maps is still suggesting the diversion (one marked in yellow in your map). Lets see how it is on Friday when I travel.
Old 19th December 2021, 21:45   #5393
BHPian

Quote:
As Parag mentioned, Covid checks at border is not that messy that you decide to select route based on that.

Our destination in Goa was near Arambol, still felt the return we took via Anmod was faster and bad roads limited to few sections (past Anmod) compared to Chorla.

Chorla had random potholes which makes prevents you going fast. Also, comparatively, Anmod route is wider and faster too.

Regarding Covid checks, while entering Goa, via Chorla there was just one car in front of us, it took few minutes to complete their process, from what I understood, one of the person was not having vaccination certificate.
In our case, they glanced through final vaccination certificate and let us through, the same was the case with car accompanying us.

While returning through Anmod also, we didn't notice any long queue in opposite direction for Covid check.

However, during return, at both Goa and KA police check posts, we were checked more than the usual cursory check for liquor bottles.

While at KA side, I was asked to open the doors while they shook the bags and checked, at Goa side, was even asked to open the biggest bag which we were carrying and individual partitions inside that back was checked.

Unless when travelling in guys only group, all earlier instances it was just the customary glance inside or at max shaking the bags and letting through that I had faced till now.
I am told that alcohol can be carried back from Goa to Karnataka or Maharashtra. But 99% times I have been stopped and asked "if" I am carrying any bottles. I have never so that's usually fine. But sometimes they try to extract something of baseless ground like "chai nashta". I really do not understand what is the rule and it's implementation. Can someone please explain?
Old 20th December 2021, 08:48   #5394
BHPian

There were few questions asked about the recent condition of Haveri-Sirsi route. I myself was searching for any updates here.

Cross posting a reply from @procrj to my question in another thread, which might benefit bhpians considering this route to Karwar and probably further to South Goa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Haveri - Sirsi is fine with a few broken patches here and there. From Sirsi take the deviation via Yana/Vibhooti falls as Sirsi - Kumta is bad. There is small downhill stretch of 4km which might need some careful driving, but apart from that, roads are all good to very good on the Sirsi - Vaddi - Gangavati Bridge stretch. Post that you hit the Yellapura - Ankola highway where again there are broken patches which need to be negotiated.
Route - https://goo.gl/maps/iUsiTeuvxCCrm1HeA

Last edited by mankuthimma : 20th December 2021 at 08:50.
Old 20th December 2021, 09:08   #5395
BHPian

Quote:

Planning to drive to Arambol on coming Thursday from Bangalore.
Please share the exact route you took as gmaps showing different options. Till Dharwad the route is straight post that what are the recommendations.
Return would be via South Goa Colva.

Below is the route i see via Google maps
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-arambol-long-route.jpg

Google maps shows below 3 options
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-whatsapp-image-20211220-9.30.24-am.jpeg  

Last edited by Dushie : 20th December 2021 at 09:32.
Old 20th December 2021, 13:51   #5396

For anyone looking for the latest updates from the Goa Govt., notices are available online on the SouthGoa website. https://southgoa.nic.in/covid-19/
nitro_xlr8r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 16:06   #5397
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2246857
We drove from Bangalore yesterday and took this route. Till Dharwad was a breeze. We left at 5.15 and stopped for breakfast at Apoorva Resorts near Davangere. Excellent food and also Benne Dose. It is on the left so easy access too. Look for the Service Road. With that 40 min stop, we were at the Dharwad turn by 11.00. After that road considerably slows down due to single lane on each side. Further after Ramnagar, many small patches are bad but motorable by any car. We were in Cansaulim by around 1.45. Probably thin Sunday traffic allowed us to cover quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro_xlr8r View Post
For anyone looking for the latest updates from the Goa Govt., notices are available online on the SouthGoa website. https://southgoa.nic.in/covid-19/
We saw the police stopping all vehicles coming from Goa on Karnataka side of the border before Anmod. That must have been the check for alcohol. On Goa side, barriers were in place and cops were checking for double vaccination. The moment I started removing all papers from the folder kept on the dashboard, he gave a cursory glance to the first one and waved us off. Another cop at the barrier ahead saw him and let us cross. They did not bother looking nor asked for kids' RTPCR. Though we noticed a few cars which were ahead of us on the highway pulled to the side.
Old 20th December 2021, 21:52   #5398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
I am told that alcohol can be carried back from Goa to Karnataka or Maharashtra. But 99% times I have been stopped and asked "if" I am carrying any bottles. I have never so that's usually fine. But sometimes they try to extract something of baseless ground like "chai nashta". I really do not understand what is the rule and it's implementation. Can someone please explain?
Well, here is what I found out. Ideally, you are not allowed to carry alcohol into border states(in this case since Goa is cheaper, you are not allowed to carry alcohol from Goa into Karnataka/Maharashtra). If you notice, at the liquor shops, they give you a permit which says you are carrying the alcohol into non-border states. For me they gave one saying it's Orissa. The liquor shop owner said, even if they stopped you, you can say your final destination is Orissa and you won't be using the alcohol in Karnataka. Whether the cops buy it, that's another story. Ultimately we got some bottles and had to "compensate" for chai/paani.
Old 21st December 2021, 08:40   #5399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
We drove from Bangalore yesterday and took this route. Till Dharwad was a breeze. We left at 5.15 and stopped for breakfast at Apoorva Resorts near Davangere. Excellent food and also Benne Dose. It is on the left so easy access too. Look for the Service Road. With that 40 min stop, we were at the Dharwad turn by 11.00. After that road considerably slows down due to single lane on each side. Further after Ramnagar, many small patches are bad but motorable by any car. We were in Cansaulim by around 1.45. Probably thin Sunday traffic allowed us to cover quickly.

We saw the police stopping all vehicles coming from Goa on Karnataka side of the border before Anmod. That must have been the check for alcohol. On Goa side, barriers were in place and cops were checking for double vaccination. The moment I started removing all papers from the folder kept on the dashboard, he gave a cursory glance to the first one and waved us off. Another cop at the barrier ahead saw him and let us cross. They did not bother looking nor asked for kids' RTPCR. Though we noticed a few cars which were ahead of us on the highway pulled to the side.
Kindly share the route you took from Dharwad. I am driving down on Thursday to North Goa .
Old 22nd December 2021, 06:16   #5400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
Kindly share the route you took from Dharwad. I am driving down on Thursday to North Goa .
We took the same route suggested by others earlier here on the thread. Via Ramnagar, Tinai Ghat and Anmod.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-20211222-2.png  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks