Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2022, 17:51   #5491
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I’ve always taken the Hubli-Kalghatgi-Yellapur stretch and then taking a right at the dead end to Karwar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_joker View Post
I agree with jkrishnakj. Take the Hubli - Kalghatgi - Yellapur, not via Tadas or Bankapura
Thanks. I'll go via the suggested route.
Old 16th February 2022, 20:07   #5492
BHPian

- The Anmod ghat route is simply superb, all the way up to Nellamangala. I would advise everyone to blindly take this route irrespective of where in Goa your destination may be.

Thanks for the input. Did you take the Anmod to Dharwad route?
Chinmayd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 16:23   #5493
BHPian

Did the Bangalore - Panjim drive via Hubli-Dharwad-Ramnagar-Anmod. Started at Jalahalli Cross at 2PM and touched Panjim at 10PM with two 10min breaks in between. Barring the two diversions at Motebennur and Chatra, this route is the best route to Goa. The Ramnagar to Mollem stretch was more peaceful to drive in the evening hours, just that one needs to be careful about a few incomplete tarmac patches, unpaved shoulders and construction rebars protruding along road edges. Rest is all good to go! Yes RTPCR check at Mollem is still the standard procedure.
Old 17th February 2022, 17:23   #5494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorispao View Post
Yes RTPCR check at Mollem is still the standard procedure.
Just came in news that the KA entry RTPCR requirement is done away with, if you have two vaccinations done.

Link (All Roads to Kerala)
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 15:26   #5495
BHPian

Any idea if RTPCR is needed to enter Goa, we are 4-5 friends planning to drive into Goa from Bangalore, all are double vaccinated. Wanted to know if RTPCR is still mandatory.
Old 18th February 2022, 16:18   #5496
BHPian

Why are they doing RT-PCR only for private cars? A friend travelled by bus from Bangalore and there were no checks.
Didn't the central government ask states to remove all covid related travel restrictions?
Old 18th February 2022, 16:43   #5497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
Any idea if RTPCR is needed to enter Goa...
Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Why are they doing RT-PCR only for private cars?
I don't know if Goa was ever asking for RTPCR test reports even if you are double vaccinated. I've done multiple GA-KA drives over the past year and entered and exited both at Anmod and Karwar. GA cops at the border always checked for vaccination certificates. Only if you didn't have the vax cert I guess they ask for test reports. KA cops at the border never checked for anything except alcohol bottles!
Old 19th February 2022, 10:35   #5498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
Any idea if RTPCR is needed to enter Goa, we are 4-5 friends planning to drive into Goa from Bangalore, all are double vaccinated. Wanted to know if RTPCR is still mandatory.
Just require only the Double Dose Vaccination Certificate!
chorispao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 17:25   #5499
BHPian

Just did the Goa-BLR-Goa run. Travelled on the 11th and returned on 19th Feb. RTPCR was cursorily glanced at on the phone at Mollem checkpost. During the return, KA checkpost was the customary "any drinks?" query. Roads are in very good shape. Some sharp road level differences between KA checkpost and Tinai ghat turn. Can be nasty if at high speed. Rest of the route in pretty good condition.
Old 24th February 2022, 08:06   #5500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
Just did the Goa-BLR-Goa run. Travelled on the 11th and returned on 19th Feb. RTPCR was cursorily glanced at on the phone at Mollem checkpost. During the return, KA checkpost was the customary "any drinks?" query. Roads are in very good shape. Some sharp road level differences between KA checkpost and Tinai ghat turn. Can be nasty if at high speed. Rest of the route in pretty good condition.
Does one still need to take Tinai ghat diversion? Some posts say the road is usable without taking it anymore. Please clarify.
Old 24th February 2022, 10:05   #5501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Does one still need to take Tinai ghat diversion? Some posts say the road is usable without taking it anymore. Please clarify.
Even in November there wasn't a big time difference between taking the under construction road and the Tinai ghat diversion. I am sure things would have progressed a lot more now.
Old 24th February 2022, 13:12   #5502
BHPian

Hi all, I'm planning to travel to Dona Paula from Bangalore early next week. Though there have been few mentions in above threads, but still wanted to check on few things before I set out:

1) Is RTPCR required while travelling to and from Karnataka to Goa?
2) The route I'm planning to take is the same as which I took last year (was in good condition till last year):

Bangalore -> Davangere -> Mundgod -> Yellapur -> Karwar -> South Goa -> Panjim

The main reasons for considering above route is for the family to enjoy the scenic route. I'm mostly concerned about the route from Davangere till Yellapur as it takes state highways and some forest roads.

Any recent updates or ideas on the above two points, would be helpful
Old 24th February 2022, 13:17   #5503
BHPian

Does anyone have an idea if a 9 year old will require RT-PCR report for KA-GA or GA-KA? All adults will have double vaccination certificates
Old 24th February 2022, 13:20   #5504

Quote:
Originally Posted by bong_voyager View Post
Does anyone have an idea if a 9 year old will require RT-PCR report for KA-GA or GA-KA? All adults will have double vaccination certificates
Nope. No one even asks adults nowadays. Better to have universal travel passes if all of you have double.vaccinations.
Old 25th February 2022, 14:55   #5505
BHPian

Hi Pravarag

RTPCR is done away with. Just the Double Dose Vaccination Certificate required. On the route you plan to take, the Yellapur to Karwar road section is not in great shape. Also there are ongoing bridge works at Cortalim on the River Zuari, which of late has caused traffic jams on either side during peak hours. Easiest way to get to Panjim would be from Hubli-Dharwad-Ramnagar-Anmod-Mollem

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravarag View Post
Hi all, I'm planning to travel to Dona Paula from Bangalore early next week. Though there have been few mentions in above threads, but still wanted to check on few things before I set out:

1) Is RTPCR required while travelling to and from Karnataka to Goa?
2) The route I'm planning to take is the same as which I took last year (was in good condition till last year):

Bangalore -> Davangere -> Mundgod -> Yellapur -> Karwar -> South Goa -> Panjim

The main reasons for considering above route is for the family to enjoy the scenic route. I'm mostly concerned about the route from Davangere till Yellapur as it takes state highways and some forest roads.

Any recent updates or ideas on the above two points, would be helpful
chorispao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks