Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2015, 14:58   #151
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore to Dandeli : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Cross-posting my question about the route to Castle rock (Dudhsagar) from this thread.
Is the NH34 in good shape currently? I want to do NH4-NH34-NH4A to Castle rock this weekend.
To go to castle rock the best option would be : Hubli bypass - Alnavar - Ramnagar - Anmod-Mollem. From Mollem people come to Culem. the road to Goa vial Alnavar is good. But what I cant say is how is the road after Ramnagar.

The option you suggested deviates from Ramnagar to take the road Ganeshgudi/Joida. That road is also decent. But how is the stretch after you exit this road I cant say.

Last edited by ampere : 1st July 2015 at 18:13.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 16:24   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Hubli bypass - Alnavara - Ramnagar - Anmod-Mollem. From Mollem people come to Culem. the road to Goa vial Alnavar is good. But what I cant say is how is the road after Ramnagar.
I guess this is the same NH4A that most of the BHpians have taken in recent times to reach Goa.

I assume so and if that is the the case we have had multiple reports by Bhpians who drove on this route and almost all of them have reported the route to be similar conditions = Driveable, patchy only for ~30 kms but not bad at all:

Post by rohittk dated 17th June 2015

Post by subbu567 dated 28th May 2015

Post by drhoneycake dated 12th May 2015

Post by you referring the good bits about NH4A

I understand that recent rains in this region may have affected the conditions and they may not entirely remain the same. However, going by reports posted by the BHpians over the last 1 month's time, we can safely assume that the condition of NH4A, especially the section right after Ramnagar Till Goa Border (~30 kms) is now good.

I myself took NH4A in March and was happy about its conditions compared to what it was in 2014. It was patchy when we drove in March. It got even better recently with each and every pothole getting filled up.

EDIT:For Dudhsagar - This route makes perfect sense. Its even closer to Dudhsagar Resort.

Last edited by paragsachania : 1st July 2015 at 16:33.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 21:21   #153
BHPian

Thanks for the replies. I need not worry about the road conditions then.
I will be turning left from NH4A to Castle rock just before Anmod.
Old 1st July 2015, 23:00   #154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I guess this is the same NH4A that most of the BHpians have taken in recent times to reach Goa.
I think the question is not about the Alnavar-Anmod route. The question is about:

- From Ramnagar turn towards Joida.
- Before Ganeshgudi, make a turn for Castle rock. How is the road after this turn?
Old 1st July 2015, 23:12   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think the question is not about the Alnavar-Anmod route. The question is about:

- Before Ganeshgudi, make a turn for Castle rock. How is the road after this turn?
Thanks amp & this was the precise reason I asked if my assumption was right.

Going by the recent updates by a lot of members about NH4A, it is bound to become the shortest and perhaps fastest approach for South/Central Goa too.

Not to forget the fact that for Dudhsagar Falls, this can be projected as the preferred route anyway.
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:30   #156
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Thanks amp & this was the precise reason I asked if my assumption was right.

Going by the recent updates by a lot of members about NH4A, it is bound to become the shortest and perhaps fastest approach for South/Central Goa too.

Not to forget the fact that for Dudhsagar Falls, this can be projected as the preferred route anyway.
Oh the google map link in the other post was misleading. I always wanted to reach Castle rock via Anmod. Wonder why maps proposes the Ganeshgudi route.
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:51   #157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Oh the google map link in the other post was misleading. I always wanted to reach Castle rock via Anmod. Wonder why maps proposes the Ganeshgudi route.
I think that should be OK. Its hardly 5km from the Anmod to the Castle Rock railway station. Since that access is needed for one and all, I expect that road to be decent.
Old 5th July 2015, 22:55   #158
BHPian

Quote:
I think that should be OK. Its hardly 5km from the Anmod to the Castle Rock railway station. Since that access is needed for one and all, I expect that road to be decent.
Did Bengalooru-Castle rock and back this weekend. Roads are good all the way except from Ramnagar (on NH4A) till the left to Castle rock.
If staying in Whistling thrush homestay (highly recommended BTW!) there is a shortcut from Ramnagar through Asu and the road is actually better. This route was suggested by the homestay owner and was faster.
nma83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 09:00   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If staying in Whistling thrush homestay (highly recommended BTW!) there is a shortcut from Ramnagar through Asu and the road is actually better.
I saw that in homestay site they have mentioned about jeep ride towards Dudhsagar. Did you try this?

They have mentioned a 12 KM jeep ride and 2.5 KM trek, was wondering if the trek will take you to the railway line or to any vantage point from where you can see the falls at a distance.
Old 6th July 2015, 09:03   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I saw that in homestay site they have mentioned about jeep ride towards Dudhsagar. Did you try this?

They have mentioned a 12 KM jeep ride and 2.5 KM trek, was wondering if the trek will take you to the railway line or to any vantage point from where you can see the falls at a distance.
The trek will take you to the top most point on the falls, the point where it begins to cascade.
PreethamB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:22   #161
BHPian

As per report in Bangalore Mirror, trekking to Dudhsagar falls is banned, (atleast) for now.

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/48137259.cms
Old 11th October 2015, 19:56   #162
BHPian

I recently travelled Bangalore-Dharwad-Haliyal-Dandeli. I followed the standard route via NH4. More details of the route conditions here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3823149
nileshch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 12:48   #163
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

Has anyone tried the Tadas - Kalghatgi - Haliyal route recently, to reach Dandeli from Bangalore, as opposed to the traditional one via Hubli-Dharwad bypass? If so, please share the details.

Thanks in advance...
Old 13th January 2017, 23:55   #164
BHPian

Please let me know with any recent updates on Bangalore-Tadas-Haliyal-Dandeli. Visiting Dandeli next week and planning to take route via Kalghatgi.
Old 29th January 2017, 21:52   #165
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Dandeli : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidRavi View Post
Please let me know with any recent updates on Bangalore-Tadas-Haliyal-Dandeli. Visiting Dandeli next week and planning to take route via Kalghatgi.
Did you finally take this route? If so, how was it?

thanks in advance...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks