Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2009, 09:48   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Thanks for the all information friends, My friend who was planning to accompany me is not coming now. So will be travelling with my wife. And luckily I got confirmation from Hotel Savoy just now. I was in waiting list there. Even I have booked the Train tkt for Ooty - Coonor and back on 14 afternoon. So just hope that everything goes fine. Till now, everything will be surprise for my wife, she is not aware of train journey etc.

@gadadhar: So now I am in same hotel as yours. So we can plan to travel together if you are fine and no other plans.
Excellent Vinay. Please check your PM
Old 7th August 2009, 18:38   #122
BHPian

Any idea about the timing of Jungle Safari at Bandipur. Also, can I take jungle lodges safari even if I am not staying there. I am thinking of trying for Safari while coming back from Ooty
Old 8th August 2009, 06:11   #123
Senior - BHPian

You cannot take the jungle lodges safari if you are not staying with them. What you could do is either take the van or the gypsy safari with the forest department. It is available between 6 and 9 in the morning and 4 and 6 in the evening.
Old 10th August 2009, 15:11   #124
BHPian

Whats the distance and required travel time between Bangalore & Mysore ?

Also travel time & distance between Tirupati & Bangalore. If I intend to go to Mysore from Tirupati, do I have to go through Bangalore necessarily or is there another shorter route ?

Please help !

Last edited by dark_horizon : 10th August 2009 at 15:14.
Old 23rd August 2009, 23:11   #125
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to go to Ooty next month and I will not be able to make the journey before 7 or 8 in the evening. Since the Bandipur road is blocked, I have thought of taking the

1. Bangalore-Mysore-Chamarajnagar-Sathyamangalam-Mettupalyam-Ooty route
or
2. Bangalore-Kanakpura-Kollegal-Chamarajnagar-Sathyamangalam-Mettupalyam-Ooty route
  1. Which of these is better?
  2. Can anyone tell me about the road conditions between Chamarajnagar-Sathy & Sathy-Mettupalyam?
  3. Are these stretches safe to drive at night?
  4. Are there any signboards indicating directions? (since we will be travelling at night and there will be no one to ask directions)
I am particularly worried about the Sathy-Mettupalayam stretch. I know that buses ply on the Chamarajnagar-Sathy section.

OR is there any other alternative route which can be taken avoiding Bandipur?
Old 30th August 2009, 11:49   #126
BHPian

Hi,

As of now, Gundlupet- Bandipura stretch is closed for Traffic between 02:00 am to 06:00 am [ On Ground]

Anyways, May be things may change as per the Forest department's decisions.

To Avoid Bandipura stretch, you could do:-

Bangalore-Mysore-Nanjangud-Ch Nagara-Dimbham ghats-Bannari Amman Temple [Take right here]-Bhavani sagar Dam-Sirumugai-Mettupalaiyam-ooty ! This way you could save few kms by Avoiding Sathy and Bannari amman temple - Mettupalayam is around 38 kms [If I remember correctly] . I did this circuit 2 months back and Clear Singboards in "English" will be there just after Bhavani Sagar Dam and anyways this Stretch will be very much deserted [Especially Bannari - Bhavani sagar ] even in day time itself. Road condition is good !

Road is execlent from Sathiamangalam / Bannari until Tamilnadu - Karnataka border !! And Road condition has improved a lot in Nanjangud-Nagara-Asanur Stretch !

Hope this helps

Velu

Last edited by pmvelu : 30th August 2009 at 11:50.
Old 30th August 2009, 13:49   #127
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing this bit of information Velu. However, if we take this route, we will miss out on the fun of the Segur hill climb !
Old 30th August 2009, 22:01   #128
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot Velu!! I guess if Bandipur is open till 2 am, I will not be taking the Sathy road.
Old 30th August 2009, 22:14   #129
BHPian

I am planing to go to Madikeri (coorg) from Udupi and from there head to Wayanad in mid October. Could some one guide me on the route to be followed
Old 31st August 2009, 19:31   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Thanks for sharing this bit of information Velu. However, if we take this route, we will miss out on the fun of the Segur hill climb !
Kannan, Not Sure on the "Segur Ghat Road". Do you mean Gundlupet-Bandipura stretch ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Thanks a lot Velu!! I guess if Bandipur is open till 2 am, I will not be taking the Sathy road.
Please check once you are in Mysore in "Taxistand" to get the latest info [ Just in case] on your trip day and you could take a call based on the latest updates !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDHRUV View Post
I am planing to go to Madikeri (coorg) from Udupi and from there head to Wayanad in mid October. Could some one guide me on the route to be followed
Dhurv,

From Udupi, you could take Udupi-Mangalore-BC Road-Sulya-Sampaje-Madikeri !
From Madikeri, you could take Madikeri-Virajpet-Gonikoppal-Kutta-Tholpetty WLS-Kattikulam-Mananthavady / Kalpetta as the case may be !

Velu
Old 1st September 2009, 10:02   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check my thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...d-wayanad.html . This should give you a good picture. Please PM me if any further details are required
Old 7th September 2009, 11:46   #132
BHPian

Dear Gadadhar,
Your travelogue is an inspiration for this trip planned by me. On basis of your experience I have already made my reservation at Pepper Green Resorts and am looking forward to an exciting trip.
Old 15th September 2009, 13:51   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Gadadhar,
Your travelogue is an inspiration for this trip planned by me. On basis of your experience I have already made my reservation at Pepper Green Resorts and am looking forward to an exciting trip.
Have wonderful time Dhruv. Couple of weeks back my father spotted a Tiger on the same road in Nagerhole strech, hope you will have some good sightings. Waiting for your travel story and snaps
Old 18th September 2009, 10:15   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Have wonderful time Dhruv. Couple of weeks back my father spotted a Tiger on the same road in Nagerhole strech, hope you will have some good sightings. Waiting for your travel story and snaps
the nagarhole road has higher number of sightings than the bandipur road with respect to the big felines. similarly a safari at the nagarhole sanctuary give you a higher probability of sighting the elusive felines than at Bandipur.
Old 11th January 2010, 22:10   #135

Hi, Can somebody help me with the latest road condtion between Mysore-Masinagudi-Ooty? I am told after the rains , it quite badly damaged. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks