Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2017, 10:27   #31
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Gokarna : Route Queries

Thanks NPV.

In 2013 I traveled Sirsi - Sagar - Shimoga and the route was superb. The Sagar area had the best surfaced road I have traveled in India (which is not much)! Since it seemed to have been built with care, I presume it is still in good condition. I believe Yediyurappa is from that area, and when he was CM, ensured good quality roads.

Decisions, decisions!
Old 7th April 2017, 11:29   #32
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Decisions, decisions!
(Not) to confuse you further - the Chitradurga-Shimoga road work has progressed quite well now so that's an option too instead of Tumkur-Arsikere-Shimoga and Nelamangala-CR Patna-Arsikere-Shimoga.
Once you turn off from NH 48 at Chitradurga, not many options for breaks, one option is Mysore Cafe near nijalingappa memorial but it is just after the NH13 turn off so you have to make a U-turn to get back. If taking Haveri route, Mysore Cafe is en route.
If you take Nelamangala route you can stop at Swathi delicacy yediyur or Mayura Bellur cross.

Last edited by NPV : 7th April 2017 at 11:46.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 13:53   #33
BHPian

Thanks NPV. It'll either be Arsikere - Shimoga - Sagara route from Mysore or if from Bangalore, NH48 till Haveri, then on to Sirsi.

Thanks for the info on eating joints, will save for this trip and future use!
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 18:33   #34
BHPian

Planning for a trip next week...

Bangalore - GoKarna - Wildernest/Chorla Ghat - Goa - GoKarna - Mysore - Bangalore

or

Bangalore - Belgaum - Wildernest - Goa - GoKarna - Mysore - Bangalore

What would be a good route to take? It will be day driving and I want to
Old 2nd July 2017, 22:17   #35
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0and1 View Post
Planning for a trip next week...
Do you have plans to visit places in Gokarna (Om beach, the temple, etc) and Mysore (the zoo, Brindavan gardens, palace, etc) ?
Reason I'm asking is since you've got these 2 places in both your options so wondering what routes you actually have in mind ?
For Goa/chorla, when going from Bangalore you need not go via either Gokarna nor Mysore and hence my question
Old 2nd July 2017, 22:27   #36
Team-BHP Support

You can probably take Mysore out of that equation (Hope it was not a typo). It can be covered as a weekend trip (I see your location is Bangalore).
Old 3rd July 2017, 01:43   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Do you have plans to visit places in Gokarna (Om beach, the temple, etc) and Mysore (the zoo, Brindavan gardens, palace, etc) ?
Reason I'm asking is since you've got these 2 places in both your options so wondering what routes you actually have in mind ?
For Goa/chorla, when going from Bangalore you need not go via either Gokarna nor Mysore and hence my question
Gokarna is on the list of my places to visit.

The check in time for resorts are typically noon; If I travel from Bangalore to Windernest ; it may be a long drive; so was planning to take a evening break in either Gokarna or Belgaum...While coming back also; may halt one day in Gokarna...

I have a place in Mysore; I have to pick up my pet dog on the way back so need to be there.

Last edited by 0and1 : 3rd July 2017 at 01:44.
Old 3rd July 2017, 08:16   #38
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0and1 View Post
Gokarna is on the list of my places to visit.
I have a place in Mysore; I have to pick up my pet dog on the way back so need to be there.
You can probably try this routing:
Onward:Bangalore-Haveri-Sirsi-Kumta (bypass)-Mirjan-Gokarna.
Then, Gokarna-Karwar-Wildernest Resort, Chorla

Return:Wildernest-Dharwad-Hubli-Davanagere (regular NH 48/4 route).
I think you have 2 options after this - either take the Hiriyur-Huliyar route or take the Sira route, maybe @ampere or others can help here with a recommendation based on current conditions.
You can also refer this thread - Link (Pune - Mysore : Route Queries)
Old 3rd July 2017, 08:37   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I think you have 2 options after this - either take the Hiriyur-Huliyar route or take the Sira route, maybe @ampere or others can help here with a recommendation based on current conditions.
Forking out of GQ at Hiriyur is what I will opt here instead of Sira.

The road conditions are good as of 2 weeks back when my friend drove to Waynad from Pune.

So it will be Hiriyur - Huliyar - Kibbanahalli Cross - Turuvekere - BG Nagar - Nagamangala - Pandavapura - Srirangapatna - Mysore
Old 20th September 2017, 12:44   #40
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

I am planning for a trip to Gokarna next month and I am planning to take Tumkur-Hiriyur route as I have plans to visit Sirsi along the way. So the onroute would be Bangalore-Tumkur-Hiriyur-Davanagere-Haveri-Sirsi-Gokarna while return would be via Shimoga-Arsikere.

I would need help with the below.
1. How is the road conditions from Davanagere?
2. I am planning to start say around 8 am from Bangalore and plan to reach gokarna before 7pm. Is it doable?
3. Good places to stay in/around Gokarna? I am ok for a good homestay (need not be a hotel only) as well and should be ok for places uptil Honnavar.
Old 20th September 2017, 12:56   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Folks,

I am planning for a trip to Gokarna next month and I am planning to take Tumkur-Hiriyur route as I have plans to visit Sirsi along the way. So the onroute would be Bangalore-Tumkur-Hiriyur-Davanagere-Haveri-Sirsi-Gokarna while return would be via Shimoga-Arsikere.

I would need help with the below.
1. How is the road conditions from Davanagere?
2. I am planning to start say around 8 am from Bangalore and plan to reach gokarna before 7pm. Is it doable?
3. Good places to stay in/around Gokarna? I am ok for a good homestay (need not be a hotel only) as well and should be ok for places uptil Honnavar.
I did Bangalore-Murudeshwar-Gokarna in May. I stayed at Honnavar. Route was Bangalore-Chitradurga-Haveri bypass-Sirsi-Kumta-Honnavar. Roads are very good. More details in my post here. My post contains details of time taken and places to stay at Kumta or Honnavar.

You can also read thread by bhpian justwheels here. He did Gokarna-Murudeshwar trip in June/July.
srvm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 20:45   #42
Senior - BHPian

We plan to go to Sabarimala in November, 2017. From there we plan to visit new places. One idea is to go to Gokarna and Sravana Belagola and back to Hyderabad.

It will be a bachelor trip(obviously). Time is not a limitation but entire trip should be completed in 6 days which is four and a half days after we come down to Pampa.

Driving is not a problem. The vehicle will have a dedicated driver with 4 more highly competent drivers.
Please suggest.
Old 25th September 2017, 16:56   #43
BHPian

BHPians, kindly suggest the best route from Bangalore to Kumta Beach(stay over), then Kumta to Jog Falls(stay over), then Jog Falls to Bangalore.

Thanks in advance.

-Foxtrot
Old 25th September 2017, 20:51   #44
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot View Post
BHPians, kindly suggest the best route from Bangalore to Kumta Beach(stay over), then Kumta to Jog Falls(stay over), then Jog Falls to Bangalore.
While there are several options, I'd suggest this since it will be a kind of circuit where you'd not have to retrace your route
Bangalore-Haveri-Sirsi-Kumta
Kumta-Honnavara-Jog falls
Jog falls-Sagar-Shimoga

Options for Shimoga-Bangalore:
Shimoga-Chitradurga-Tumkur-Bangalore
Or
Shimoga-Arsikere-Tumkur-Bangalore
Old 15th December 2017, 18:52   #45
BHPian

We have planned our annual family vacation to Jog falls, murudeshwar temple and devbagh beach Karwar from 23rd Dec. However the recent incidents related to communal violence has put a dampener to whole plans.

I know that what happens is not in anyone's control, but I was wondering if we drop plans for Jog and Murudeshwar going straight to Karwar from bangalore- would we be able to bypass most of the sensitive areas?

I feel that karwar will be relatively safer bet as long as we stick to highway.

Let me know if anyone can help with suggestions.

-thx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks